Cedar Sweep That's a lot of damage
84 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Her hurt was immediately forgotten the second Effie saw the pained look on his face. She watched him gingerly settle back down to the ground, about to ask him what was wrong, but then he proceeded to tell her about his wounded hip. Normally, she would have offered him a shy smile in response to his gratitude, but a frown formed on her face instead, deepening as he described what had happened to their home. She walked back over to him, hesitating briefly before gently nosing through the fur on his injured hip if allowed. She wanted to make sure there wasn't anything obvious. She wasn't exactly a medic, but she knew some of the basics; it sort of went with studying plants. There was a willow tree not too far from here; I passed it on my way, she explained. Before heading back home to check on things, will you let me try and ease your pain some? She was worried about what kind of damage awaited them at the grove, but she was more worried about Rye; he seemed awfully painful, and she didn't want him attempting to walk home without first taking something that would help him feel better. 

Just stay right here; I'll be right back Unless he stopped her, she turned and sprinted away. Willow trees smelled a certain way to her just like most other plants and when she caught tree's scent in the air, she altered her direction and followed it through the forest. Luckily, winter wouldn't have affected the tree bark too much yet. She pulled of a few strips and holding them securely between her teeth, she turned and hastily made her way back to Rye. 

The tree was close, so she hadn't been gone very long. Effie stopped when she was in front of him again, dropping the tree bark at his feet. Here, eat this, and it should help, she softly instructed. Once you're feeling better, we can head home and check things out. Her expression remained concerned as she watched him and waited to see if he would accept her help.
All the variety,
all the charm,
all the beauty of life
is made up of light and shadow
Messages In This Thread
That's a lot of damage - by Rye - October 09, 2019, 04:50 PM
RE: That's a lot of damage - by Effie - October 09, 2019, 05:08 PM
RE: That's a lot of damage - by Rye - October 12, 2019, 03:17 PM
RE: That's a lot of damage - by Effie - October 13, 2019, 11:58 PM
RE: That's a lot of damage - by Rye - October 18, 2019, 03:21 AM
RE: That's a lot of damage - by Effie - October 19, 2019, 12:37 AM
RE: That's a lot of damage - by Rye - October 21, 2019, 05:39 PM