Neverwinter Forest i stood very still by the window sill
41 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
Markus heard, as if far away, the word "Moonspear" and he felt a flicker of fire in his belly. He didn't know what "Elysium" was - likely before his time, as it seemed like a place - but he knew of Moonspear. He had yet to hear or see anything that he liked out of them. This only compounded his feelings, but it was no time to nurse a vendetta. He was beyond relieved to see Ceilidh, a far cry from not too long ago, but then Mal was asking him if he knew what Witch Hazel was and Markus...had no fucking clue.

He shook his head, eyes flicking to watch Cam's teeth chatter. "He has a fever." He blurted and steadied himself to explain. "He's chattering - that...I think he might have a fever. And don't touch the stick, either." He added somewhat haphazardly. "I don't remember why I just...I know we can't touch it. At least not yet. We have to stop the bleeding, or something...with something..." He was rambling off as he detached from Mal and Cam and began to scan around them. This was easier - pretending like this was a test or even a game. He just had to figure out the puzzle. The smell of blood and vomit and shit was all in his head, an illusion.

He turned and left Mal to get the injured boy inside the borders. He was looking for a hollowed log or a place where the tree branches grew low enough for a spider’s nest to be within reach. Would spider web work? He'd walked into it enough times to know that it stuck to anything and he remembered, vaguely, his mother tending to a cut in his paw pad when he was very, very young. He had no idea what to do for infection, though. And if the boy did have a fever..?

Maybe if they could just get the stick out and get him stable, Markus could find a medic in another pack...or something. He reared on his hide legs, forepaws resting against one of the evergreens as he looked for intricate pattern of webs and hoped that it wasn't too cold for spiders to still be around. Their forest was warmer than most, he hoped to God that meant that he could find some. He neglected to tell the rest what he was doing, however, too caught up in keeping himself rooted in solving the puzzle and ignoring reality to remember that the others were all still there.
Messages In This Thread
i stood very still by the window sill - by Cam - November 12, 2019, 11:35 AM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Mal - November 13, 2019, 12:50 AM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Markus - November 13, 2019, 12:41 PM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Ceilidh - November 13, 2019, 10:11 PM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Cam - November 14, 2019, 10:16 AM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Mal - November 15, 2019, 01:40 AM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Markus - November 17, 2019, 07:31 PM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Ceilidh - November 21, 2019, 09:20 PM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Cam - November 24, 2019, 10:08 PM