Neverwinter Forest gentleman prefer blondes but i'm not classically trained
41 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
Private 
Hoping for @Mal - I will open it up if you can't make it! Drama with no warning because I wanted to see how it went. :P Backdated to just after this thread.

Markus came barreling into Neverwinter, breaking through the border with loud crashes and running blindly into the familiar scent and warmth of the wood. His home enveloped him, the place where he slept and ate and patrolled and lived. Yet it did not calm him. He had only wanted to be home - had run from the Glen without ever seeing where he was going. Now that he was here, the forest was not putting a stop to his anxiety. He skidded, finally, to a halt deep within the territory and his breathing came out in quick, sharp gasps. 

His lungs were burning, his eyes prickling. He had, clasped in his jaws, the torn and tattered ear of the rabbit. He had never let it go. His jaws parted slowly, his shallow breathing becoming louder now that he was panting them to the sky freely. The ear dropped with a slightly wet, too heavy thud. Markus starred at it for a very, very long time. In his mind, he saw the dark woman and her omega. He felt the bruises in a vague way - he would be truly sore tomorrow, for now he only had secondhand feeling of them. He had a few bites on his lower foreleg that bled pitifully but otherwise...he was physically unhurt.

Somehow, that made it worse. 

The rabbit, the beating, the pride, the pain, the food, the fight - it twisted in his mind, replaying over and taunting him and shredding him and mocking him and scaring him. He had come back with nothing. He had gone out, he had gotten for his pack - when had it become his? When had he come to feel this was home? - and they had taken it from him. Easily. Too easily. He was useless, he was stupid - why had he come back here? What good was he here, or anywhere? He couldn't even bring the pack one useless, stupid, flea-bitten rabbit.

His eyes snapped shut, his head ducked to tuck against his chest as he trembled. A sob wracked through his body before his voice rose - a screaming, ripping sound in the otherwise quiet air - "FUCK!"
Messages In This Thread
gentleman prefer blondes but i'm not classically trained - by Markus - November 24, 2019, 10:30 PM