all ties have come undone
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I have a link to an Old Norse dictionary I reference to sometimes in Ragnar's signature but for the most part I use Google's Icelandic translator, as well. :-)

Ragnar did not mean to lose his patience so readily with his children, especially Tveir who was simply curious. The truth was, he still wasn't very good at this 'Father' thing, and still not used to children so young in such a constant capacity despite that he'd had two months with them. Ragnar liked to think that he was improving, that it was becoming easier the more he trusted his paternal instincts. His next litter would be easier than this, and as they went on the easier it would become. “She does, and I know that and I need your mother too. It's complicated,” And something they would better understand when they were older. Right now, they were still too young and Ragnar was not the best at explaining what he was feeling. This lack of communication was probably because he was a Berserker through and through and had learned to disconnect himself from most emotions. He was not sure how to express them and when he did they did not often times across crystal clear. Still, he was trying for the sake of needing his children to understand. It was a big change but it was the best for everyone and they would have twice the amount of siblings to play with now. “Just think children, when Nerian gives birth you will have little siblings to play with and help take care of and teach.” He hoped that would entice them into the idea, figuring that at least one of them should have been excited about the prospect of playing and teaching their own half siblings.

Ragnar hadn't exactly meant it to sound as if Nerian was already pregnant because she had yet to go into heat again (something he was looking forward too with more impatience than he should have been), rather, the children were too young to get into that particular conversation and so he kept it nice and vague. “Nerian isn't used to little children yet. You must be patient with her Gyda. To be fair, I still fear I might break you.” He teased his daughter as she pawed at his leg. Instinctively, he inclined his muzzle down and raked his teeth gently through the fur of her head, tugging lightly on her ear before he looked back to the boys, his attention going to Ein when he finally spoke. “It was your mother's idea to want her space for a bit, Ein. She will not felt left out because she wants it. I do not, but we will be confident she will not be gone from us long.” Ragnar did not like being away from her for long periods of time. No one could fill the hollow hole in his heart she left except Thistle herself. Any time previously he had been parted from her for long periods of time his body felt empty of what Nerian called his soul. Despite that Ragnar had already intruded on her 'Me Time' — he couldn't help himself after all — to ask her a very important question and fulfill his manly needs not wanting her to think he had forgotten about her he deigned to give her what she wanted as much as he could.

He had taken from their marriage and now he was trying to give her what she wanted.

Messages In This Thread
all ties have come undone - by Ragnar - August 08, 2014, 09:13 AM
RE: all ties have come undone - by Gunnar - August 08, 2014, 09:23 AM
RE: all ties have come undone - by Gyda - August 08, 2014, 09:16 PM
RE: all ties have come undone - by Mercury - August 10, 2014, 06:05 PM
RE: all ties have come undone - by Ragnar - August 11, 2014, 07:00 AM
RE: all ties have come undone - by Gunnar - August 11, 2014, 07:12 AM
RE: all ties have come undone - by Gyda - August 12, 2014, 02:20 PM
RE: all ties have come undone - by Mercury - August 12, 2014, 10:39 PM
RE: all ties have come undone - by Ragnar - August 15, 2014, 07:49 AM
RE: all ties have come undone - by Gunnar - August 15, 2014, 08:14 AM
RE: all ties have come undone - by Gyda - August 18, 2014, 05:39 AM