Whitebark Stream To return from the ashes you call
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Before the man could respond Dawn came forward and she became his focus. Sunny's tail wagged and he smiled opening his mouth to reply before her expression fell and every bit of his confidence did as well. He frowned and cast his eyes down both ashamed and embarrassed because of Artyom's presence. He had once given everything for his home...he didn't have to be be ashamed did he? "Bhediya didn't let me breathe before trying to handle it like a mother. I was sick Dawn, feverish, I didn't remember anyone at all....I thought you knew. At Easthollow you and Minnow avoided me and then...between that and the journey here I don't remember. I probably wandered with fever" it was all he had but it was the truth. His voice shook the entire time and he glanced up at her to apologise his eyes catching above her shoulder spotting a white figure in the distance.

Just like her mother...

"Minnow! Wait!" he shouted his voice ragged as he resisted the urge to run after her. He looked to Dawn with desperation in his eyes "I....god Aeryn drowned in Elysium and Valiant vanished during the quakes with Easy" he shook his head his eyes shutting tightly "I lose everything I just want to be close to what's left now" he fell silent and opened his eyes staring at them vulnerable and trying to swallow the grief at the acknowledgement of buried pain.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Messages In This Thread
To return from the ashes you call - by Sunny - March 16, 2020, 10:30 AM
RE: To return from the ashes you call - by Artyom - March 16, 2020, 11:18 AM
RE: To return from the ashes you call - by Sunny - March 16, 2020, 11:42 AM
RE: To return from the ashes you call - by Artyom - March 16, 2020, 01:59 PM
RE: To return from the ashes you call - by Sunny - March 16, 2020, 03:05 PM
RE: To return from the ashes you call - by Dawn - March 17, 2020, 12:32 PM
RE: To return from the ashes you call - by Minnow - March 17, 2020, 07:54 PM
RE: To return from the ashes you call - by Artyom - March 23, 2020, 06:05 AM
RE: To return from the ashes you call - by Sunny - March 27, 2020, 10:06 PM
RE: To return from the ashes you call - by Dawn - April 07, 2020, 08:56 PM