Fishblight Mire Blot Out the Moon, Pull Down the Stars
30 Posts
Ooc — mix
Oof. Vindictus did not sound like the name of a place that Journey wanted to visit — even if, once Soleon went on to describe it, it sounded rather fancy. Kingdoms and queens and knights all sounded like something from a story, but, "We have betrothals where I'm from, too," she shared, glad to find they had something in common. (She was surprised, actually, that betrothals might be uncommon enough that he'd had to list them as a quality of his kingdom.)

Her eyes went big and dove-like when he talked about his mother. She sounded like one of those story-book maidens, too — like the shieldmaidens Sunspot would tell them about, or even like her mysterious aunt Dawn. "She sounds wonderful," said Journey. "Your mother. I would want to be like her, too. I mean — my dream is to be a great healer. Aunt Spot says it's a noble pursuit, and it would make me much more useful."

Even if she wasn't living under her aunt's reign anymore, Journey still wanted to be useful. She had an idea that she might find a teacher in these parts, since few of her own family were adept in the art. There was Skraeling, of course, but she'd always been a bit... well, Journey was worried about taking her advice where possibly poisonous plants were concerned, was all.

"Do you know a lot about healing and herbs?" she asked, her interest quite plain.
Messages In This Thread
Blot Out the Moon, Pull Down the Stars - by Soleon - May 20, 2020, 10:37 PM
RE: Blot Out the Moon, Pull Down the Stars - by Journey - May 21, 2020, 08:51 PM