Neverwinter Forest They didn't win another 'til 1962, the year he was discovered
120 Posts
Ooc — Jess
*hogs all the pretty ladies of NWF*
ALSO: Just as a note, I'm cool with relaxed posting orders- so if one of y'all feels your character might interject before I get a chance to post with Jackie, in response to one of these other chickies, I'm cool with that. 

He was well aware of the fact that he was under scrutiny; but Jackalope seldom cracked under that sort of pressure. He was also well aware of how loyal females were to each other, and knew to show some shred of respect to them- especially when he was faced by not just two, now, but three. Their newest addition, who seemed to frown upon his flirtation immediately, was just as stunning as the others even though she seemed more critical of him, for a moment or two. He gave her an effortlessly warm and natural smile. "My sister- at least at one point her her life- was blessed with the virtue of patience." Came his cool, rational reply. He sobered, though, and offered a more reasonable explanation. "She's also not expecting me; and I doubt she'd be terribly dismayed to hear that I stopped to enjoy such a view along my way." He said. He felt he was right- Glee couldn't be angry at him if she hadn't even known he was in the area...And that he'd taken a few moments to flirt with the guardians. 

His brow lifted when Vallkyrie introduced herself, and mentioned his sister's full name. "I see she's dropped her old, family nickname," He commented, serious for the first time since he'd begun the conversation with the three sirens. Something like mild disappointment showed on his features, but he did his best to hide it. Maybe she had changed...But he didn't think that was possible. She had always been a go-getter...So perhaps this was simply a means of getting a different type of respect. Aibreann was more regal sounding than "Glee," after all. 

Finally, the stoic, wintery female spoke- introducing the one who appeared, at first, to be his biggest critic, though he learned shortly thereafter that the only one who seemed the least bit offended by his charms was in fact Vallkyrie. Perhaps he would've been better off had the other two not joined her...Then again, when would he ever get this much attention from a trio of glamorous women again? Simmik looked to be the youngest of the three- but she was the beta, and earned another dip of his head, to acknowledge her superiority. "As I've said, I am here to see my sister, and potentially find a home, alongside my family...They're fairly spread out, you see. No doubt you've probably tripped over a Blackthorn once or twice in your life before," He said, with a quiet chuckle. 

And he was polite enough. But he had this thing. 

This thing about pack names.

He'd never been able to stop himself. 

"But it can't really be 'never-winter' here, can it? I mean...Not in this climate," He said, and cracked a grin. This was where he generally either got a laugh- or got his ass handed to him. It all depended on exactly how seriously these wolves took themselves- and if they could withstand a bit of a jab. If they couldn't, then it was enough to tell him that this was not the place for him.
Messages In This Thread
RE: They didn't win another 'til 1962, the year he was discovered - by Jackalope - May 26, 2020, 09:54 PM