Stone Circle Ground had arose and passed its knees
116 Posts
Ooc — Jess
I've wanted to say- Le Petit Prince is one of my most cherished novels. I keep a copy with me wherever I go...And often give it as a gift because there is SO MUCH to be learned from it; I was very chuffed to see you use it as a thread title :)

A faint smile humoured her lips as she watched the beasts move in the distance, unable to see their stocky legs due to the tall grass, but still she could recognize easily the slope of their back, the ragged cape of wooly fur about their shoulders and their blocky heads framed by short, slightly curved horns. She wondered what technique might be used to bring one down; could a wolf even get a proper hold behind the beast's jawline, through that thick beard they wore? And with a head as heavy as that, she assumed they could lift, throw and likely impale a wolf with their horns. They stayed relatively close together too, and simply grazed as a herd...Few stragglers, and few willing to venture very far. As far as she could tell, the relaxed, slow-moving beasts were in their element, and unafraid of being watched. 

She turned an ear back as she heard the faint slither of grass moving, and knew that she was being approached as there wasn't enough of a breeze to make the grasses hiss like that. She turned her head to see a male, highlighted with shades of silver, approaching her with a bright, blue gaze. She nodded her head and allowed the tip of her tail to wave gently, welcoming his approach. Secretively, she turned toward him, glancing over her shoulder as though to make sure that the bison weren't in on the conversation which she began in a hushed voice. Quiet, giddy excitement showed in her eyes, though she felt very tentative about introducing herself in such a way. Still...She was feeling good. It had been a good day so far; why not ride that feeling a bit further?

"I have an important question for you," She said, in a hushed but urgent voice. She glanced over her shoulder again- but the herd remained impassive. She was brimming with quiet but dynamic excitement. "What...did the buffalo say to his son when he left the herd?"
Messages In This Thread
Ground had arose and passed its knees - by Oryx - May 27, 2020, 06:49 PM
RE: Ground had arose and passed its knees - by Oryx - May 28, 2020, 02:41 PM
RE: Ground had arose and passed its knees - by Oiseaux - June 15, 2020, 10:34 PM
RE: Ground had arose and passed its knees - by Oryx - June 16, 2020, 12:54 PM