The Sunspire i'd move any mountain for you
2 Posts
Ooc —
Time seemed to move more slowly whilst he lay waiting to be rescued, curled up against the boulder, at the top of the mountain. If Deacon had not felt so vulnerable he might have tried to sleep the seconds and minutes away, but as it was, he felt too afraid to relax completely in case a cougar or bear, or even an unfriendly wolf, should happen upon him and start trouble. Whilst his nose nestled warm beneath the thick plume of his tail and his amber eyes pressed shut, his russet ears remained pricked and alert to everything around him. Not the he could hear much besides the chilling hiss and howl of the wind.

It was the scent of the other wolf which first caught his attention. Deacon recognised it instantly as belonging to the northern pack. Although he had heard no howl of confirmation from them, he was pleased that one of their members had come in search of him — or maybe they hadn't, maybe they had been wandering up the mountain anyway and didn't care to rescue him at all. Time would tell. He considered sending out another howl, to make sure that they could locate him, but soon enough the sound of approaching footfall gave him the reassurance he needed. Help was on its way.

Blinking, Deacon lifted his head from beneath the warmth of his tail and looked up to meet the deep blue gaze of his rescuer. It was a male, his pelt primarily white with flecks and silver upon his back and a russet streak up the bridge of his muzzle. The agouti male wagged his tail in friendly greeting as the pack wolf crawled up to him through the snow. He could not tell if the pack male was annoyed at him for calling, their voice slightly distorted by the howling wind. Deacon decided to play it safe and unfurled himself from the boulder and sprawled out towards him, pressing his head low against the snow and curling his tail around his side in an attempt at displaying submission. 

"I am sorry to bother you so late, I really appreciate you coming all this way." He started, hoping to score a little sympathy from the pack wolf. "I'm Deacon. I was hoping you could lead me to somewhere safe I could spend the night. I don't trust myself enough to follow these trails blind." He admitted, peering out to the gloom which had enclosed around them, knowing that just a few metres away would be a sheer drop off the mountain ridge.
Messages In This Thread
i'd move any mountain for you - by Deacon - June 01, 2020, 12:13 PM
RE: i'd move any mountain for you - by Takeshi - June 01, 2020, 01:19 PM
RE: i'd move any mountain for you - by Deacon - June 03, 2020, 02:58 PM