Stone Circle And I'm still scared of growing old
116 Posts
Ooc — Jess
It broke Oryx's heart to know that she was trusted, and she looked piteously upon the woman she'd befriended, whose kindness toward the newest member of their pack had been repaid with something like this...She gritted her teeth together, hating whatever gods it was that chose to punish Arlette like this, despite having been nothing but an angel toward Oryx. 

Once given permission, Oryx lay down beside Arlette- with some trepidation at first of course- before she gently began to clean her packmate's wounds. She could feel where the fur had matted together, and needed to be chewed apart so that she could even reach the wound beneath her coat, so it was a time-consuming affair. Calmly, and as gently as she could, she tended to Arlette's wounds, tending first to the smaller ones before she began to feel Arlette's weight increase against her side. She was relaxing and the valerian root was working- so she went to work cleaning the more aggressive wounds. She was grateful for the trust they'd developed, especially given the fact that she had to clean a wound on Arlette's throat that might not ever heal fully. She would have a scar, a gap in her fur, at the very least. 

Onc she had finished, she came to rest by Arlette's side, but still found herself somewhat nauseated by the scent of death. She lay her head on the ground, content to keep Arlette warm and comfortable, but hoped that sometime soon, she would allow her beloved family members to be buried and put to rest.
Messages In This Thread
And I'm still scared of growing old - by Arlette - June 25, 2020, 03:02 PM
RE: And I'm still scared of growing old - by Oryx - July 04, 2020, 04:06 PM
RE: And I'm still scared of growing old - by Arlette - July 05, 2020, 06:09 AM
RE: And I'm still scared of growing old - by Oryx - July 05, 2020, 01:54 PM
RE: And I'm still scared of growing old - by Arlette - July 05, 2020, 03:27 PM
RE: And I'm still scared of growing old - by Oryx - August 05, 2020, 11:24 AM
RE: And I'm still scared of growing old - by Arlette - August 23, 2020, 09:54 AM