Firefly Glen the warm sunlight on my skin.
little beast, are
you wild as me?
82 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
So this was the world outside the glen—it really wasn’t all that different than the forests he had grown up in. Of course, the terrain here was much flatter than he had expected, though the rolling path out to the glen did have its ups and downs. For once in his life Altair was rendered silent, and that silence continued to linger even after they had reached the meeting point.

At first wedged in the white space between Mira and Caelum, his hackles had subtly stood upright. He couldn’t help but be standoffish at the sight of unfamiliar faces. These kids and their mother weren’t like his cousins and aunt, though one looked about as sour in the face as Mira often did. The others seemed to cower and seem just as uncertain of them as they were in return, though there wasn’t really any cowering going on by the Ostrega quartet. At least they seemed to all be about the same age, and Altair thought that boded well for them.

When it came time to meet, though, he did not immediately share Mira’s urgency to go right on over. He was cowed into following her at least part of the way before that standoffish feeling got the better of him. His skin prickled with an unknown sensation akin to over-stimulation; his nose worked furiously to take in everything he could. He peered back to his mother for a moment before looking forward again, this time settling his gaze on @Luli curiously. She seemed all right, for a girl.

But just as quickly as he took notice of her, he felt eyes lingering on him and abandoned the idea of approaching her to find who had fixated on him. @Nǚwū captured his attention then and he seized the opportunity to approach her instead, stopping short of her to test the air between them from afar with a gentle wave of his tail. Was this a friend, then?
Messages In This Thread
the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Huā - September 10, 2020, 06:09 PM
RE: the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Luli - September 12, 2020, 11:17 AM
RE: the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Xiaoqing - September 22, 2020, 09:28 PM
RE: the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Haoming - October 07, 2020, 07:38 PM
RE: the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Hydra - October 07, 2020, 07:42 PM
RE: the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Caelum - October 08, 2020, 01:45 AM
RE: the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Nǚwū - October 08, 2020, 02:10 AM
RE: the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Mira - October 08, 2020, 02:21 AM
RE: the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Altair - October 08, 2020, 11:31 AM
RE: the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Mintaka - October 20, 2020, 11:01 PM
RE: the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Huā - November 03, 2020, 11:09 AM