Felltree Marsh The Lady of the Lake
67 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
She nodded her head automatically along like one of the bobble-headed tchotchke dogs in car windows, a motion that displaced some of the water rivuleting into her earholes and caused the rest to tickle more. She only stopped nodding when it finally consciously penetrated her brain how brainlessly dumb the repetitive motion might be starting to make her look. Oh, yeah! Noob tactics...uh, yeah, that is indeed the problem, she agreed gruffly. Right. ...What the hell was this feline saying. Some of the words seemed almost nonsensical. But Brou had to play this bluff through. Couldn't make herself look ignorant in front of some felid; that'd be seriously uncool. She switched off her overly cocky stance, shifting her weight onto the other foreleg. Maintaining this level of puffed-up awesomeness was hard work, dangit. All the other wolves better be appreciative of all the effort she was putting into this, making sure Mr. Kitty (or—Ms.? Mx.? Who knew!) would respect the brilliance and toughness of the local canines.

I mean— I had sure thought maybe we could hunt here, sure. Sure. ...But in this mess, and this weather especially? Not seeing any dumb...ribbit-boys! Or noobs! Only a fractional hesitation before plowing boldly ahead with another of the cougar's weird-ass word choices, this time. It took her brain a moment to wrap fully around the syllables and catch up with her mouth, particularly with her hard focus on looking and sounding tough. Ribbitb—oh, frogs. Wait, shit—there weren't any frogs obviously squatting about staring at them, were there? Brou hadn't really checked before she spoke. Obviously. A quick, surreptitious glance around; a moment's wave of relief was quickly replaced by a bit of dismay as her eyes wavered onto the spotty brown creature that gave a disapproving CROAK from about three feet off to the feline's other side.

Who needs 'em anyway! Not me! Besides which I'm not hungry, declared Brouhaha stoutly, slipping the frog one quick furtive glare for betraying her like this. Naturally it was only a few seconds after this that her stomach loosed a loud growl, causing her eyes to widen in dismay. Whoops.
Messages In This Thread
The Lady of the Lake - by Brouhaha - September 14, 2020, 02:11 AM
RE: The Lady of the Lake - by Benry - September 14, 2020, 07:01 PM
RE: The Lady of the Lake - by Brouhaha - September 27, 2020, 12:41 AM
RE: The Lady of the Lake - by Benry - October 01, 2020, 05:28 PM
RE: The Lady of the Lake - by Brouhaha - October 18, 2020, 02:12 AM
RE: The Lady of the Lake - by Benry - October 28, 2020, 08:46 PM
RE: The Lady of the Lake - by Brouhaha - November 15, 2020, 12:51 AM
RE: The Lady of the Lake - by Benry - November 25, 2020, 07:14 PM
RE: The Lady of the Lake - by Brouhaha - December 07, 2020, 09:57 AM