Cricket Creek Bog Time heals all wounds
84 Posts
Ooc — Hela
When he pressed for more info, Effie nodded, a sad smile forming on her face. She honestly didn't mind telling him about it, she just wasn't sure how he would react; her upbringing was not what anyone would call traditional, and now that she had seen the world for what it was, she was a little self-conscious about how others might react. But she would tell him, simply because he asked and at this point, she would do almost anything he asked of her. My family viewed things differently than most others, she started, looking down at her paws. I was raised to believe that women had a place and that it was lower than men. We were not allowed to hunt or explore; we could only do things they viewed as suitable for women. Effie continued. Our main purpose was to find a husband and have children. We could learn of plants and help fellow women rear their children, but we were not permitted to do much else and we could never speak out against a man. She shook her head and sighed. That is why my hunting skills are so bad and why I have trouble finding my way around. She had been kept from learning very important skills, and now that she understood, she was sad and disappointed. 

But, I don't want to live that way anymore. I would like children some day, but I also want to hunt and be able to find my way home if I get lost. She raised her gaze to meet Rye's once more. It's hard, sometimes, to break the old way of thinking. At times, I struggle to know if I'm doing something because it's what I want or because I want to please those around me. So, now he knew about her family and probably had answers to any questions about her stunted skills, and she waited to see if he had anymore questions.
All the variety,
all the charm,
all the beauty of life
is made up of light and shadow
Messages In This Thread
Time heals all wounds - by Rye - October 12, 2020, 06:32 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Effie - October 14, 2020, 02:00 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Rye - October 14, 2020, 03:08 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Effie - October 15, 2020, 03:21 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Rye - October 18, 2020, 04:15 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Effie - October 27, 2020, 01:42 AM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Rye - November 03, 2020, 12:36 AM