Cricket Creek Bog Time heals all wounds
84 Posts
Ooc — Hela
His words were kind, but she couldn't help wonder how much of that was out of sheer necessity rather than bravery. The instinct to survive had brought her clumsily into a new life, and she didn't think she could take much credit for that—definitely not as much credit as he was giving her. But some old habits died hard, and she shied away from expressing that to him, afraid that by countering his compliment with resistance and insecurity, she might offend him. Not so much on my own, she did point out. I've had a lot of help from you, and I'm very grateful for that. She touched her nose gently to his cheek as a sign of her immense gratitude. She wished she could do more. 

His next words had her speechless; she had never been so respected in her life, and for it to come from someone who had seen her at her most vulnerable caused many emotions to swell in her chest. Tears pricked the corners of her eyes, and she was helpless to stop them. Even as he playfully bowed, looking up to offer her a handsome, playful grin, the tears began to fall. She sniffled. I'm sorry, she said quietly. That just— Effie sniffled again. —that just really means a lot—more than I can properly express.
All the variety,
all the charm,
all the beauty of life
is made up of light and shadow
Messages In This Thread
Time heals all wounds - by Rye - October 12, 2020, 06:32 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Effie - October 14, 2020, 02:00 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Rye - October 14, 2020, 03:08 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Effie - October 15, 2020, 03:21 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Rye - October 18, 2020, 04:15 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Effie - October 27, 2020, 01:42 AM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Rye - November 03, 2020, 12:36 AM