Sequoia Coast from the ground up
ᴋɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄᴏɴsᴄɪᴇɴᴄᴇ
66 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
the gulls grew closer, not quite alarmed by him. they probably didn’t think he was there to harass them, that he was any sort of predator because honestly he didn’t look like much of a predator. good for them to have an ounce of naivety.
much like the other competitor that entered the picture, who appeared over a patch of sand and sea grass. lakhos had tunnel vision—he didn’t see her so much as she didn’t see him—and the appearance of her in his line of sight with a startled, unfamiliar expression threw him off the hunt immediately.
he skittered to a stop, hind end almost going over the top of him in the process.
a scowl crossed his face as she made questions, the lilt of her voice accented well enough to prove that she was weird. somehow. she was small like he was which definitely made her competition numero uno. but he didn’t have to so much as give her a flash of teeth or a snarl to back off before some of those features relaxed… and not that it mattered anyway.
the gulls were in flight now.
“who am i? who are you, other than the interruption of my hunt?” he fired back crass and pointed. “can’t get food yourself so you’re ruining my chance? jeeze.” he scoffed, bristling with simmering, leftover emotion. was it anger or grief? didn’t matter, he wasn’t gonna be eating any time soon.
the disappointment vocalized itself in a groan that came with the dramatics he did best, stepping away from her with a roll of his eyes. there was no opportunity for her to even respond. he wasn’t done being theatrical.
“i haven’t ate in three whole days and even then it was someone’s leftovers. finally, finally—i find some chow. and this yokel girl from the sand comes along and party crashes. before that i had some asshole in a smelly cave trying to pull my tail off,” he went on as a gull screeched overhead. “and they say i’m the mannerless one.”
Messages In This Thread
from the ground up - by Lakhos - January 05, 2021, 07:39 PM
RE: from the ground up - by Aimi - January 06, 2021, 11:19 PM
RE: from the ground up - by Lakhos - January 06, 2021, 11:36 PM
RE: from the ground up - by Aimi - January 12, 2021, 12:09 AM
RE: from the ground up - by Lakhos - January 12, 2021, 06:13 PM
RE: from the ground up - by Aimi - January 13, 2021, 03:49 PM
RE: from the ground up - by Lakhos - January 13, 2021, 05:31 PM