Herbalists' Cache Life goes so fast, I've been living so slow
5 Posts
Ooc — Eli
So far they'd managed to spot five or so different herbs beginning to sprout and bloom rapidly from the rejuvenated spring soil. It wouldn't be too far of a stretch to figure there was even more to discover in time but during their examination of the area the wind had shifted several times bringing fleeting scents to and from their nose. While the wanderer would have loved to make this their base there were wolves passing by or somewhere around the area albeit not close enough that Vida had been able to get more than a basic grasp at lupine scent. Right at the end of another lupine scent trail came the sudden sharp rich scent of rabbit made even more pungent by the panic it carried as if being chased causing the hair along their spine to raise with exhilaration their legs tingling with the impulse to rise and set off to hunt it down before they realized with disappointment the scent had faded away just as quickly as it had come. By the time they began to settle back into the thorough inspection of the fauna a voice asked them a question startling them from the deep state of concentration and leaving them standing there tail curved slightly between their hind legs while they replied with a shake of their head so they could take a quick breath to slow the racing thump within their chest. "I smelled the fresh herbs"  they lifted their injured paw which was caked in the thick drying herbal/Saliva paste "I'm just passing through..I apologize if I am close to your territory" Vida offered the apology while trying not to seem curious about the coincidence of having smelled others on the wind before he'd popped up. Discreetly drawing in the stranger's scent they noticed how he carried the rabbit's scent and felt a twitching in their tail while regarding him with a bit less apprehension knowing he was a fellow rabbit hunter. 
Thank you! I'm sorry it's so short it's just been so long since I've roleplayed. I'm also sorry for the time it took me to reply, I get mental blocks a lot.
Messages In This Thread
Life goes so fast, I've been living so slow - by Vida - March 31, 2021, 10:00 AM
RE: Life goes so fast, I've been living so slow - by Vida - April 08, 2021, 09:18 AM