Duskfire Glacier times are changing, so I must too
8 Posts
Ooc — Rou
Joining 

The chilled winds blew across the land, the terra cold and not as quaint. Roulette's cheeks were nipped once or twice in a minute. Being native to a cold region assisted some, so the weather wasn't too much out of his favor. Nonetheless, it wasn't the pleasant weather for travel. The foreign canine had decided, even against some better judgement, that traveling to the Snowforest Taiga was in his best interest. It was a timely journey, but one he hoped that would be worth his while. 

He was no stranger to being a loner and at times it was beneficial. However, times were changing and that meant he must too. Packs were never much of an interest to Rou. After being abandoned by his parents, he grew accustomed to fending for himself. Surviving had its challenges, but he was never one to turn away from them. Either he would find a way to remove said challenge, or he would find a way around. But now, he was faced with a new challenge that he wasn't sure to how to resolve. As the seasons changed, the herds had grazed closer to pack territory where the lands were rich with vegetation. Smaller game appeared here and there, but they too ventured nearer to the borders he wasn't able to cross. Sure, he enjoyed a good fight here and there, but that didn't quite mean he would intentionally go searching for one. Crossing over pack borders in search of a decent meal wasn't a chance he was about to take. From a once bulky and muscular mass, Roulette had shrunk, thinning substantially. The long, boiling hot days were hard to endure; the nights were difficult to stay in slumber with his belly rumbling all the while. He was running out of options and time.

From where he had previously retained a somewhat permanent residence, the scent of packs weren't too far, but a good trek. One in particular[/size][size=small], located somewhere near Permafrost Hollows, seemed to be the closest. If he was to survive through the remains of the summer and see himself to the next season, he would have to do something he never before imagined himself doing. Join a pack.

The thought was a bitter taste in his mouth, given he hasn't had much experience with pack environments, but it couldn't be all that bad. Right? Only one way to find out.

Halting at the fresh borderline of whatever pack he'd happened upon, Roulette sunk over his haunches. He could cross over and approach them on his own terms, but such an action would undoubtedly cause a ruckus and possibly even bloodshed. Instead, he lifted his chin and sent a deep howl to echo across the taiga, hoping his presence would be heard. Here he would wait to be approached and questioned. If all went well, Rou may as well have himself a secured future.

@Lane
Messages In This Thread
times are changing, so I must too - by Roulette - August 09, 2021, 01:35 PM
RE: times are changing, so I must too - by RIP Tzila - August 09, 2021, 04:50 PM
RE: times are changing, so I must too - by Arius - August 09, 2021, 04:54 PM
RE: times are changing, so I must too - by Roulette - August 09, 2021, 08:54 PM
RE: times are changing, so I must too - by RIP Tzila - August 09, 2021, 10:10 PM
RE: times are changing, so I must too - by Arius - August 10, 2021, 04:44 PM
RE: times are changing, so I must too - by Roulette - August 11, 2021, 12:30 AM
RE: times are changing, so I must too - by RIP Tzila - August 23, 2021, 05:57 PM
RE: times are changing, so I must too - by Roulette - August 31, 2021, 12:49 AM
RE: times are changing, so I must too - by Arius - September 02, 2021, 04:30 PM
RE: times are changing, so I must too - by RIP Tzila - September 02, 2021, 09:25 PM
RE: times are changing, so I must too - by Roulette - September 04, 2021, 12:08 AM