Snowforest Taiga when the firetrucks show up
32 Posts
Ooc —
Always expect the unexpected.

A saying often told, but not always heard.

Lane led Askari to a mangled carcass. Birds flapped around, pecking at the flesh. Insects swarmed, craving the taste of the crimson offering. No stench was prominent — which was shocking, given the flagrant appearance — but it was to be expected in the near future.

Never before had she seen something so revolting. It made her want to wretch, but with what strength she could muster, she held her composure.. — and her lunch. The way the brain had deteriorated was an awing sight, while also managing to be disgusting all the same. Lane had questions, but Askari wasn't sure if she had answers.

I've never seen anything like it. There is always the possibility that the brain can become completely dead before the rest of the body's organs, such as the heart... but I'm curious as to how the creature continued to physically live a few days on. Once the brain dies, there is no function left for the body. This shouldn't have happened. That was that. She was in complete and utter shock. No, she was no medicinal expert, but she did know a few things. To her, this was considered impossible, regardless if it was staring her in the face.

Had a whole geek medical professional moment there, lol. Don't mind me.
Messages In This Thread
when the firetrucks show up - by Lane - December 01, 2021, 05:52 PM
RE: when the firetrucks show up - by Askari - December 02, 2021, 01:00 AM
RE: when the firetrucks show up - by Lane - December 05, 2021, 10:00 AM
RE: when the firetrucks show up - by Askari - December 06, 2021, 09:09 PM
RE: when the firetrucks show up - by Lane - December 07, 2021, 04:03 PM
RE: when the firetrucks show up - by Askari - December 10, 2021, 01:48 PM
RE: when the firetrucks show up - by Lane - December 18, 2021, 11:10 AM
RE: when the firetrucks show up - by Askari - December 19, 2021, 10:19 PM