Without you, I've lost my way
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
I'm so sorry for the inactivity! Blame it on school and life =) I'm trying to get back in the saddle here, though.

[size=medium]
The morning sun was just peaking out over the horizon as Julooke's paws crossed over into Dragonwatchers territory. Every night since Verrine's disappearance, she would go to the spot where his scent stopped and call for him. She had searched for days when he went missing, but came up with nothing. Nothing. Not even a patch of fur was left of him. His scent had mingled with unfamiliar smells and she feared the worst. But, that did not stop her from going back and continuing to call for him. It would be his beacon; his light to show him the way home.

Every morning, she returned to the pack. She hadn't eaten much since he had gone, but she hunted for the pack; still doing her part for the group of wolves. She didn't mingle much, really only when she had to. She was an empty shell of what she used to be, just going through the motions now. The group she had come with had all but disappeared. They had come in strong but were now just a fraction of themselves. But, Yildun... He had prospered here. He found his niche within this pack and was excelling beyond anyone's dreams. Julooke had known he would eventually find his footing. However, it meant he didn't need her anymore. He was doing great within the pack without her. But, she wouldn't leave. Not with the hope that Verrine might show up one day.

Her paws led her to the lake and she drank a little from it before lying down. With her head on her paws, her empty gaze stared out over the water. She never bothered to go to a den to sleep and the bags under her eyes showed it. She didn't want the comfort of the space without Verrine.

[/size]
Messages In This Thread
Without you, I've lost my way - by Julooke - September 27, 2013, 04:37 PM
RE: Without you, I've lost my way - by Koontz - September 27, 2013, 08:13 PM
RE: Without you, I've lost my way - by Julooke - September 27, 2013, 09:00 PM
RE: Without you, I've lost my way - by Koontz - September 27, 2013, 09:26 PM
RE: Without you, I've lost my way - by Julooke - September 27, 2013, 09:52 PM
RE: Without you, I've lost my way - by Koontz - September 27, 2013, 09:59 PM
RE: Without you, I've lost my way - by Julooke - September 27, 2013, 10:19 PM
RE: Without you, I've lost my way - by Koontz - September 27, 2013, 10:48 PM
RE: Without you, I've lost my way - by Julooke - October 05, 2013, 10:35 PM
RE: Without you, I've lost my way - by Koontz - October 06, 2013, 08:51 PM