Silver Moraine Come on Superman, Say Your Stupid Line
45 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
  <3 <3   < 
Added the song because it seemed a bit fitting

Her heart still raced, this time out of embarrassment. Omnium tried his best to comfort her but his tenderness went unheeded, instead Etephyr honed in on the sickly ache that formed in the chambers of her heart. Every contraction squeezed more tears from the creases of her eyes. The humiliation worsened. The thought of running did little to quench the burn of her shame. The woman couldn't understand why it happened, many months had passed since her last terror. Etephyr questioned Omniums role in it but quickly ushered it away, the blame was solely on her. Grace was all she had and although Ete knew she let it slip away at times, that didn't mean she strayed too far.

Through blurred vision she gazed at the sky, still looking away from Omnium, a familiar forlorn tenderness tugging at her heart strings. She was sure her father peered down at her, his stature looming over her with the typical disappointed fatherly glare. "Grace, Etephyr. Wipe your tears, we are in company." His words repeated in her mind, his stern tone striking much of the same guilt as she felt the day she heard it. Eteph wiped her tears, roughly rubbing her eyes against her legs. She swallowed down any pit that had crawled its way up, then cleared her throat for extra measure. 

Turning to Omnium, she spoke. "You demonstrated grace in the face of adversity, overcoming your trials but upon my turn, I failed to demonstrate the same grace." Her voice grew hoarse by the end, a surge of emotion tightening her throat. "We are nothing without grace. It is one of the few things no one can steal from you." Etephyr looked ahead, staring into the vast valley as she fought another round of tears. Her words were merely a hint of her past, just enough to explain loss but not enough to place any true worldly connections.  

They already stole a great deal. 
No one ever told me I made sense, so I stopped trying to.
Thread limit (1/2)
Messages In This Thread
Come on Superman, Say Your Stupid Line - by Omnium - May 28, 2023, 02:09 AM
RE: Come on Superman, Say Your Stupid Line - by Etephyr - June 02, 2023, 02:19 PM
RE: Come on Superman, Say Your Stupid Line - by Omnium - June 05, 2023, 01:01 AM