Swiftcurrent Creek Only hate the road when you're missing home.
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#000;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #000;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><b><FONT COLOR="#5a0b0b">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5a0c0c">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#590d0d">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#580f0e">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#56100f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#551110">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#541211">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#531311">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#521512">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#511613">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#501714">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4f1815"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#4d1a16">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4c1b17">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4b1c18">k</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4a1d19">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#491e1a"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#48201b">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#47211c">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#46221d">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#44231d">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#43241e">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#42261f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#412720">b</FONT><FONT COLOR="#402821">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3f2922">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3e2a23">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3c2c24">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3b2d25">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3a2e26"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#392f27">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#383128">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#373228">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#363329"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#35342a">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#33352b">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#32372c">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#31382d">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#30382d">d</FONT></i></b></span></p>
53 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
Hope you don't mind me! Trying to get 'Fari to meet his pack mates. And I've been wanting a thread with you for a while. :-)

The Shaman Apprentice had been out and about attempting to scavenge what medicinal and non-medicinal herbs and plants that he could before winter killed everything. As it was, the pickings were already slim, and he had already accepted the idea that he would have to make do with substitutes until spring came. It would have been easier, Nefarious knew, if Suluk would have let him take the stores he had already had in Akkuma, but his father had accepted no word of taking from Akkuma. Nefarious hadn't considered it theft if because if was his own caches that he was raiding, but even so, Nefarious knew better than to argue with the Warlord. Nefarious had never won an argument against Suluk, and had long since accepted the truth that he likely never would, no matter how old Nefarious was. Suluk was a commanding creature and one did not simply disobey without facing the consequences for the action; and more likely than not there was a life lesson wrapped in having to start his cache of poisons and medicines from scratch. Two years later and Suluk was still schooling Nefarious in life. Nefarious just did not wish to anger Sos or Atka for not being able to do complete rituals, especially if he was missing key ingredients. He did not know if the Great Bear Gods made exceptions.

It was on his search for things to add to his pitifully bare cache outside his den, that he came across the scent of a pack mate. One that, admittedly, he had yet to meet, which wasn't all that surprising considering his newness to the Creek. He paused, deliberating for a second if he wished to allow himself to be distracted by the opportunity to meet another pack mate, or if he wished to keep searching. The latter option seemed horrendously anti-social, and the Shaman didn't want to be seen as a hermit, though wild assumptions and rumors were likely to surface if his Shamanism was taken wrongly, which most of the time it was. For now, Nefarious kept it private, much as he did his chosen faith, unsure how it would be perceived by these wolves.

A quick glimpse was given as towards the cloudy afternoon sky as Nefarious deliberated before he decided that a break wouldn't hurt. After all, he'd been on the search all morning, thus far. Diverting his course he began to follow the scent trail finding it's owner a few minutes later. A moment of hesitation was given as pumpkin orange gaze found the woman, her sides swollen with the children she carried in her womb. A moment of doubt clouded Nefarious as he wondered if he would be attacked by some over protective mate for even just starting a conversation with her, but decided that conversations were harmless and he had every right to talk to a fellow pack mate. A soft chuff left the Kesuk's lips to announce his presence to her, though he stayed back, allowing her the option of either acknowledging him or ignoring him.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Only hate the road when you're missing home. - by Nefarious - November 11, 2014, 10:20 AM