and when you wanted someone else, i withdrew [van crash]
32 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Like Minion, Reaper, too, snapped at the humans who had come to collect them in the dead of the night. So used to the strange, furless hands indicating another round of experiments as he was, he fought them off with snarls and threatening bites. That was until another two pairs of arms emerged and, together, shoved his head roughly to the ground, quickly fastening the all-too familiar muzzle onto his jaws. The sound of grating metal and hushed whispers followed, accompanied by the frantic whining and barking of the other dogs from the facility. A loud car engine started somewhere close and Reaper was suddenly thrown against the side of his cage as they begun to move.

The journey to wherever they were headed was largely uneventful, the rumbling of the van and the shock of the rude awakening lulling some dogs back to sleep. Reaper, however, continued to paw at the cage, every so often letting out a sharp whine that was silenced by a deep, unknown snarl.

Then, suddenly, their world was quite literally turned upside down.

There was the sound of screeching tires before they tumbled, cages abruptly thrown against each other, stirring the settled animals as they exploded into fits of barking and hissing. Reaper barely had time to react, his head knocked against the side of his cage and his own world went black.

However, it didn't take long for the mutt to regain his senses — albeit, he awoke disoriented and uncharacteristically calm. Panicked cries and the scent of blood and other animals flooded his senses, which Reaper regarded with only a twitch of his ear as he groggily lifted his head. He had ended up being thrown from his cage, his body weight forcing the door open. Squinting, the dog stared as dark, formless shapes wandered around the wreckage, before pain seared in the deep cut above his left eye, causing him to growl and paw at it, also realising he still had the muzzle on. He was thankful for the physical pain, though, being a somewhat pleasant distraction from the chaos he and the other lab dogs had suddenly found themselves in.
Messages In This Thread
RE: and when you wanted someone else, i withdrew [van crash] - by Reaper - January 31, 2015, 11:49 PM
RE: and when you wanted someone else, i withdrew [van crash] - by Axel - February 01, 2015, 03:01 AM