Redtail Rise Claim: And so my watch begins
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Posting here guarantees you founder EXP for helping to found a new pack! You need only post once, as it is a pack howl rather than a meeting. This thread will be up for a week or so, so take your time! Lone wolves, if you see this thread and decide you would like your character to join RR, you are welcome to post here as well! Your character would be found and spoken with after the howl, and I can make those threads if applicable.

Saena's eyes locked onto a red-tailed hawk as it dove into the plains far below, careening out of the sky with dangerous precision. From her vantage point atop the ridge, their sport seemed deadly. The birds were natural kamikazes. Yet each time they plummeted, the hawks would rise up from the sea of grass or from the tops of the trees, gracefully climbing back to impossible heights. Each time they dove, they came back unscathed, so expert were they in their craft.

Saena watched for a while longer, catching sight of the same hawk winging toward the forest with something small and dark clutched in its talons. When it disappeared into the darkness, she turned and began to pick her way along the ridge. Her gaze lingered on the distant Sunspire range and her thoughts drifted to her family at the plateau, but just as quickly, thoughts of them dissipated. There was still much to do here; she couldn't afford to visit them yet.

As a fledgling Alpha, Saena knew a time would come when they needed to establish themselves. As she gazed out across the Dawnlark Plains to the south, she sensed that time had come. They were all there upon the ridge, all of them settling into their new lives. There was no longer any reason to hide their presence from the others. Nova Peak to the near north was their biggest concern, with no immediate peace treaty negotiated, but Nova Peak be damned.

Saena swung her muzzle into the sky and howled long and low, inviting the wolves of Redtail Rise to join their voices with her and announce themselves as a true pack.
Messages In This Thread
Claim: And so my watch begins - by Saēna - April 28, 2015, 04:56 PM
RE: Claim: And so my watch begins - by Reek - April 28, 2015, 05:22 PM
RE: Claim: And so my watch begins - by Arion - April 29, 2015, 12:21 AM
RE: Claim: And so my watch begins - by Lacinia - April 29, 2015, 09:16 AM
RE: Claim: And so my watch begins - by Junior - April 29, 2015, 11:39 AM
RE: Claim: And so my watch begins - by Gunnar - May 02, 2015, 10:28 AM