Redtail Rise [m] I think we better do it like we're doing it now
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Reek settled beside her and Saena's heart picked up its faster pace again, though her eyes fluttered and threatened to carry her into sleep. The press of his body around hers was comforting, and while it was unthinkable just over an hour ago—her crush a mere subtlety, almost unacknowledged, and now this—she felt at ease with it now. Any thoughts of his relationship with Wynter were far from her mind. There would be time for them later, but right now, the alpha wanted to enjoy his closeness and at least pretend that it could last.

Well, she wasn't thinking about Wynter until Reek mentioned her. The alpha female lifted her ears and tired eyes to him, and though he was talking seriously, she couldn't help the gooey smile that spread across her lips. Wynter who? But then the haze began to lift and she remembered that he was still a mated man, and her gooey smile began to falter toward a frown.

"We'll hurt her," the alpha female said slowly just to press her lips together thoughtfully. The two sides of her warred within. Part of her selfishly wanted to say, well fuck her, she left! while another part cried out, she's your friend! But Wynter wasn't really a respected member of the pack any longer, not after her departure and subsequent avoidance behaviour. She was a bit of a recluse, and their relationship (Reek's and hers) was dead as of now, so he was technically available anyway. "But... you're... well, you're incredible. You're too good for... well, y'know." She didn't want to say bad things about a friend, and yet... and yet.

In the end, Reek won out over Saena's guilty conscience, and she whispered, "really?" She hadn't known, hadn't had the slightest idea before this, that she might want the same thing, and though they needed time—time to understand one another as a couple rather than as friends and colleages—she did want it now that they'd broken down all their own walls. "I want there to be an us, too," she whispered shyly, smiling almost sappily as she rested her head across his legs. Though sleep was coaxing her, so too was her budding attraction... and slyly she asked through his fur, "wanna go again?"
Messages In This Thread
RE: [m] I think we better do it like we're doing it now - by Saēna - July 09, 2015, 11:01 PM