Blackfeather Woods Slackers are not allowed.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke just exited from the Melloni's entrance. It was the main entrance into the tunnels below and it was were his mate was hiding herself. He basically gave her a set of babies for her birthday, but since she was having so much negative effects from it Burke decided not to point that out to her. He just tried his best being the best mate. He made sure she got enough to eat while she was resting in the dark. He tried not to get too much into it. Females were strange creatures and one word too much could basically leave him without his balls. Still the Alpha male was more than happy to have a litter with Meldresi. 

With his mate on his mind Burke made his way through the thick dark woods he called his home. He hadn't seen Misty, Grimnir, Shego and Lakhesis around. Those were a good four members of their pack and they weren't an hotel. He was cutting Grimnir some slack with being a father and all, but he hadn't seen him at the pack hunt either. Lusa was accounted for with her injured leg, he wondered if Meldresi already looked at it. Oh well. Then his mind wandered to Ayana and how her mission was going. Would she be accepted by now? Burke hoped so, she better be. She had to get accepted. Burke was definitely going to be stricter around the wolves who were slacking around.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
The thought of her mother being pregnant again was...interesting. She smelled her mother's heat and (unfortunately) heard her parents mating throughout her estrous, and now, she was secluded away, going through the motions of her first trimester. The symptoms that she had described long ago were magnified with her mother, who hid away to spare everyone the trouble. Thank Sithis that she did. She had enough of cleaning her mother's dirty bedding, reeking of vomit — and sometimes — diarrhea. Pregnancy was disgusting.

She was a few steps behind her dad, glad to be freed of her mother's temper and sickness. Smelling Burke a few lengths away, the teenager trotted forward, running to catch up to him. "Hey." She breathed, keeping Burke in the sight of her good eye as she walked beside him.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked up at the small 'hey'. The male turned to see Potema closing in. He licked her over her cheek in greeting. She was just like her mother and her stealthiness. Burke hummed softly when she took a step next to her. Even though Potema wasn't his own by blood he did see her as his daughter. She had done a great job taking care of her mother. "You did a good job in there," he spoke with a hum. Burke was honestly surprised how much Meldresi's pregnancy was affecting her, but then again this was the first time he was uncles experiencing a pregnancy. 

Burke was secretly also a bit glad to leave the female to rest a few moments. It wasn't the smell of her vomit or the other smells, but seeing her in pain was making him feel ... weird. He wasn't sure how to explain it since burke had little compassion for anything, but seeing his mate in pain and struggling was not how he pictured it in his mind. He knew it was only getting worse as her belly grew. Hopefully he didn't give her the worst two months of her life. "Eager to get new siblings?," he wondered.
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Potema returned the kiss with a small one of her own, quick, but not without love. This was her (foster) dad, after all. "I guess." She shrugged, trying not to remember what happened in there. "Mom nearly bit my tail off after I left." It was a good judgment call on her mother's part to sequester herself away as her symptoms got worse; if any of their pack members saw her like that, she would lose that royal mystery she always had about her. Keeping up the persona was the key to her power, in a sense. "And I'm going to smell like shit for days." She pouted.

Potema was uncertain about having new siblings. Like most children, she will most likely be jealous of the new kids, who would take up her mother's attention entirely. If that was going to happen, she needed to get her training done and fast before the little brats arrived. "Sure. I'm glad to have little fuzzballs stop my mother from teaching me and take up most of her time. I'm really happy about it."
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke had to laugh a bit at that. "Yes, luckily I already lost my tail," he joked, finding the joke rather funny. He looked over her. "Yes, you will. But your mother would have done the same for you," he returned to give her some perspective. "In fact when you had your eye injury Meldresi and I were both there for you," he pointed out. Burke said it in a way that it didn't sound too judgmental. Potema was a teenager after all, that was the age when they were really starting to be aware of their appearance. 

He knew that this was quite the change for the three youngsters. They noticed with Lusa how much young pups would take all their parents attention away. "Awww, don't be jealous," he teased and looked at her with some amusement. "After all, in a few months they will have an incredible big sister to look up to. And you will be surprised how much young minds can learn you new things," he pointed out. He had the same with the three spiderlings. They gave him another way of thinking.
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
"Why would anyone want to inseminate me anyway?" She shrugged away the thought of getting pregnant, or even having a mate. While she did not thing she wasn't pretty, she never saw the true appeal behind having children other than passing along genes and knowledge. And besides, her life was dedicated on much more...uplifting things now. "And from experience, I don't seem to get along well with most guys my age or older." She thought back to her previous experiences with men outside of the pack, most of the time being disillusioned with them, or being straight-up frightened of them. The only guy she could remember actually getting along with was Charon, but that was moons ago.

"Tch." Potema rolled her eyes at Burke's teasing. "I'm not jealous." She lied, not even bothering to cover it up. It was true, and both of them knew it. She was her mother's favorite, for sure, and she didn't like the thought of others encroaching on her position. "What if they all end up like Damien." She put forward flatly. They could very well do that, for all she knew.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke let out an awkward cough because he didn't even know that Potema was up to date on that type of information already. He could have known that Meldresi would keep her kids informed about that. Plus the worshipped the the goddess of murder, sex and deceit... Burke quickly recovered. "I didn't mean that. I meant more that we were there for you when you weren't feeling well." Burke would not like to see anyone with Potema. He had that fatherly protectiveness for the white princess even though she wasn't his own. Luckily Potema didn't seem too interested in boys as of now. 

Burke smiled at that. "You sooooo are," he teased and glanced at her in a fond way. "I don't mind. You are allowed to be jealous. It just means you love us a lot and you wouldn't like to lose us, which is a very nice thought," he pointed and then almost playfully licked her cheek. "I love you too, Potie," he cooed, laughing afterwards. Burke then laughed further when she said that. "Well, they won't have the same father as you three, so maybe they will have very different characters."
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Potema looked at her father with a skeptical glance when he coughed awkwardly. She did not understand the reason for his awkwardness. She was very close to adulthood, after all, and besides even that, they worshipped a Goddess of Sex. She knew about the act moons ago. "I know you were." She sighed, ignoring the fact that she took most things too literally.

The White Princess ducked away from the lick on the cheek, then growled in a half good-natured, half annoyed manner. "That's a terrible nickname, Dad." She pouted. "Does parentage dictate personality?" She queried rhetorically, her brain working to answer her own question. "Damien very well could have gotten his anger from Mom's side of the family."
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at the girl, she was quick to doge his kiss. He grinned though, not minding that she evaded his mega lick. It was only to tease after all. He laughed. "That was the point actually. Am I doing a good job at annoying you and cheering you up?," he asked cheekily. Burke thought about her question, not sure if she wanted an answer for it. "Your mother is very feisty," he then spoke, almost in a serious matter. Burke could laugh petty quick afterwards. 

"I think parents can dictate certain personality trades, though those are often learned personality traits, not born ones," he spoke, thinking more out loud, instead of making a statement.
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
"Yeah, sure. Great job, Dad." She admitted in her typical, angsty teenager fashion, silently agreeing with him. He always had a way of making her smile in some way or another, regardless of how she felt. He was comical that way, a strange trait for a Dark Brother, but Cicero was cheerful and happy once, too. "I can tell."

"Explain orphans then, or people who grew up without their birth parents." Like yourself. A long unheard (or ignored) voice murmured, a smirk behind the comment. Bane was much like you and your siblings.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke laughed at that because only the tone kinda made him smile. The male glanced at Potema and then quirked up his lips. The male then cleared his throats. "I actually meant parents as in who you grow up with, maybe you would be really different if Bane had been your dad and not I," he explained, which was something to think about. Because how much influence did he have on Potema's life? Burke had not realized that until this moment. It was weird to think about to be honest. If he hadn't been there and if Bane hadn't been here would the spiderlings be even more different? Growing up without a father figure.

Burke looked at the girl and then smiled. "I think it depends on the wolves in your life, and the culture you grow up with that might set your values which can later can become trades. But maybe some traits are just you. I don't know. Never really thought about it. Maybe some personality trades are there from the start?," he shrugged.
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Potema thought back to the pathetic looking wolf who inhabited the same body as her father. He had looked the part, yes, but his voice, his mannerisms, were not her father. Whatever the dominant personality of that vessel was, she would not call him father. Not anymore. "I would have been pathetic." She grumbled, more to herself than to the man she knew was her father, regardless of the lack of blood between them.

"Damien has always been bossy. Cicero has always been day-dreamy. I've always been curious." She knew there were base traits that every wolf grew from: she had seen it for herself first hand. Her mother could testify for this.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke had to smile internally at that. Because it was clear that Potema was more fond of him compared to her biological father. The big male nudged her. "You are an amazing princess," he spoke. "And my little girl. Always." Burke smiled at that. Was he going to discourage her distaste for her father? Nah. He hummed, pleased with himself. 

He nodded slowly. "Yes, that is true," He could only agree with her. "So that probably means that this curious thing you are isn't going to stay in Black Feather?," he asked. He would let her go, he wasn't a very restricting father at all. He wanted her to live her life as she wanted to, and if that wasn't in Black Feather so be it. "Or are you going to follow your dark sister training?"
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
"Until another little girl appears." She murmured, but enjoyed the praise from her father anyway. Burke was much more affectionate when it came to them. Don't get me wrong, Meldresi lavished praise on her children, but it was far and in-between. Especially not since she disappeared. Especially not since Damien and Cicero went missing. "I'll always be the best princess, though."

She thought about what he said for a moment. She had always wanted to be a loner: go exploring, learn more magic, grow personally, that stuff. But she was discouraged, for the moment, but the sudden chill that befell them: winter was coming, and soon. "I'll wait until winter is over to leave. But from now until then, I'll complete my Dark Brotherhood training." She hoped Burke and Meldresi weren't too upsetted by having their first daughter leave them as spring arrived. "Maybe you and Mom can use me for some long term mission. Maybe." She thought about what she could do; she wasn't persuasive or personal enough to be a spy or infiltrator. No, she could do something else... "I can curse other packs or poison people if you want." She said with a mischievous smile on her face.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at Potema, she was almost adorable with her jealously. "Maybe they are all boys," Burke pointed out. Who knows. He didn't know what Meldresi was cooking in that belly of hers. "And if there is a girl or multiple I will all love you just as much. Just in the beginning they need more help than you do. But it wouldn't mean I would love you any less," he hummed, quirking his lips up a bit. 

Burke listened to Potema and could only think that she was very wise. He admired her for that. "That is a very smart idea," he hummed and nodded in approval. "And as a Dark Sister you can always return. A dark mission sounds perfect. Maybe you can take over Bearclaw and show them how to run a dark pack. Or maybe infiltrate the previous Swiftcurrent and murder them from the inside." Burke felt his evil plan rising again.
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Potema frowned at the idea of leading a pack. Killing an entire pack sounded nice: she could do that by poisoning their food, of course, but leading? "You can get Damien to lead Bearclaw, if we ever find him." She hadn't seen her brothers since the storm, and while she would never say it, she missed them. Dearly. They were her kin after all, and the only wolves her age.

"Why are we wasting our time with Bearclaw anymore? It's too far gone, anyway." What would a hostile take-over achieve anyway? The other wolves there were too loyal to Raziel and Scarlett to let some wolf just kill their leader and take over. And besides, the place was far too bright. "Let's set up a place elsewhere, far from Blackfeather so we can keep an eye on the northern packs. Let Damien build his own pack. Cic' and I can help him." She smirked at the idea of those three having their own pack, or even just a wandering band, an assassin, a spy, a priestess, all working together to carve Mephala's name into Teekon Wilds.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at Potema and didn't think that the male was very much interested in the fact of leading Bearclaw but he could discuss it with the male once he would return from being vanished. Burke was wondering about the two siblings too. He had been so busy with the pack and caring for Meldresi that he had not seen the two for quite some time. He figured they were heading out and exploring like Potema. But that didn't seem the case, or they had been gone for quite awhile. He hadn't heard Meldresi about them either. Maybe she was hiding her worry for him, or maybe she even felt hurt that her sons weren't visiting her. Burke frowned for a moment. He just didn't want to restrain the two boys and Potema too much. They were close to being adults. They could handle themselves.

"Maybe you are right," he spoke to the girl. Slowly Burke quirked up his lips and looked at the girl he saw as his daughter. "God, that is an excellent idea, Potema," he spoke. "Sometimes I really think you have my evil side of plotting. But i guess Bane or Meldresi have some of that too." Still Meldresi had more moral than Burke but that was how they balanced each other out. Burke looked at Potema and then thought about it. "Still I think that Damien doesn't really want to leave BFW? Maybe your mother and I will set up another pack. Who knows. I still like the idea of murdering that Swiftcurrent pack, now the Nova Peak Pack I believe." If Burke would find out Ayana was with their enemy now, oh that wouldn't fall into his good graces.
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
She smiled deviously at Burke's praise, though ignoring the mention of Bane. She was scheming on her own right, but she did get it from the best. The young adult thought about Damien. He was right: her brother would be stubborn when it came to leaving. "I can talk to Cic' about it. And then we can both try to convince Damien together." It might just work; Cicero had a better sense of reasoning when it came to her eldest brother, after all.

"I think you and Mom should stay here." She couldn't imagine her mother anywhere else; she was a part of the Woods and the Woods was a part of her. But then she thought: her mother and father weren't getting any younger. They could pass on soon. "Maybe the new pups can take over the Woods when you've passed into the Void..."
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke returned the same kind of smile. "That sound like a good idea. Maybe since you like to travel, after the winter or maybe before you can explore the winter settles," he spoke. "But beware, the last time your mother was in the north she was attacked," he spoke, he couldn't help but warn his daughter. He wasn't willing to lose Potema because their ambitious ideas of having that sister pack. "Otherwise take your brother with you," he then added. He meant either one of them. 

Burke let out a snort. "We are not leaving to the void anytime soon," he pointed out. He planned on staying around. Even if he would end up being one annoying old man the pack would have to deal with him. "Maybe they will. Depending on how many and if they have ambition to lead. Not all like the leading role," he explained. "Let me know if you want to know more about leadership. I can tell you a thing or two."
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
"Next time I see them, I'll talk to them about it." She was uncertain if and when she would see her brothers again, but if she did, the topic would come up. The sooner the better: they could scout out areas for the rest of the season, then talk about the best spot, and return there during Spring. "We should talk about this to Mom, too."

"Oh, yeah I know that." She said. She wasn't stupid; her parents were very healthy and strong and they were bound to survive a few more winters. "When they're old enough, we can invite them to live with us for a while to. Or we can visit."
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke nodded. "Perfect," he spoke agreeing that Potema would talk to her brother. "Of course, i have no secret for your mother. I will tell her tonight," he assured the teenager. Burke was very pleased with this idea. Maybe there would be something of interest in the North for them. 

"Maybe," he agreed. "But once we are old and grumpy you probably want to stay far away from us," he then teased. Burke then looked towards the border. "I should do my patrols," he spoke with a soft hum. "Are you joining me or are you going to do your own thing?"
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Potema would speak to her mother more about this later, perhaps days later, when she wasn't grumpy after vomiting so much. She would start scouting soon, especially after the new litter was born. Her mother would want some space in her own den, and Burke probably wouldn't let anyone enter the den while his own children were so tiny and defenseless.

"I have to do a few things, gathering herbs and stuff." She shrugged, though she would relish spending more time with her father at another time. "As well as clean off this vomit smell." She wrinkled her nose goodnaturedly, smirking. With a hurried lick across her father's nose, she bounded off deeper into the Woods, hoping to find a clean basin of water to wash in as soon as possible.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke laughed softly.  Hopefully she hadn't have the same sickness while being pregnant like he mother had. Anyways, that would still be a long way off. The dark male looked and Potema and nodded. "Alright, do what you need to do. Good talk," he spoke. He smiled at the quick lick she got from him before the teenager went to of do her own thing. Burke also trotted off in another direction to make sure the borders were marked strongly. The male was more than eager to make sure all strangers would stay away from their pack especially now Meldresi was pregnant. 

-end thread-