Overture Downs So it begins
35 Posts
Ooc — Twi
I hate starter's xD.

@Akela

A soft mutter left the dark dame, as that nose tracked down the scent of possible herbs to dig up. However the dame made sure to visit the tree trunks first and foremost, searching for any moss or spider webs she could gather. Which she happened to be in luck, thus taking the homes of a few spiders here and there while being sure to peel the moss off of any poking rocks or off the trees in the area. It took time if anything, she was in no rush however in order to do her task. The cattails weren't left alone either, Morgäna was if anything quite busy collecting different types of useful items that a healer should have. Using the spider web to act as a little carrier as she slowly but steadily filled it with what she could find here.

An ear was kept on the alert for any possible dangers as she moved through the area at a slow pace, so she didn't miss any valuable herb along the way. Naturally, she had best gather what she could now rather before the snows hit. It would be far harder to find the herbs she needed once winter it. The plants would die off or go into their own hibernation only to reemerge once the warmer months melted away the snow.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
Akela had decided to take a break before heading back to Blackfeather. His wounds were closed by now, but he had not the sufficient strength to make the trip up and down in one day. He was not worried at all, he was used to being on his own and fend on his own , and Burke would send back up if he did not come back after the given window of time he had noticed his alpha of.  You could just feel autumn had washed over the lands.  Things were starting to get a little more grim.

Given that he was alone , and that the fox glade had not provided interesting food,  he had walked a little past it, to get something to eat, which in his case was a rabbit. He was planning on finishing his meal before heading somewhere for the night. While chewing on a piece, he saw a black figure go through everything it could find.  Probably scavenging for something, he thought, yet did nothing to get the attention of that wolf towards him.
35 Posts
Ooc — Twi
Morgäna hardly noticed as the time went by, far too distracted by her own task perhaps. The only reminder was that stomach gnawing at her insides to be fed. She tolerated it and pushed on despite her growing hunger, for she was one to dedicate her self to a task however silly it maybe to some and see it done, first and foremost. The dark dame went from place to place picking up herbs, grabbing spider webs and the like for some hours despite the darkening day.

Once a scent of another, a pack wolf at that came to her the dame ignored it for a few moments. For she was quite finishing the bundle for the day only to rise that head and catch sight of the male. The dark women debated upon greeting him but it seemed he was only passing through; once spying the last bit in his jaws it only made her blink as that stomach gave a rumble. Muttering under her breath, the women picked up the bundle of herbs in her jaws and debated about chasing down a rabbit or simply tapping into a cache at home. Weird, to call a place 'home'. Shoving such aside the dame proved to head towards his way and yet she only intended to pass him by.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
Akela saw the wolf come closer. It appeared it was a she. Well wasn't he a lucky one to attract only females these days.  He suspected it was the hormones, although no, that was done now...right?  Females, he'll never really get the bottom of their doing. As she came closer, he noticed that she was carrying something in her mouth, greens and stuff.  Huh, must be a healer, or a fellow herbs-to-get-high amateur. He knew that healers were busy gathering the last plants before the winter. Hell he was happy to have a home this year, because he could feel it, it would get really cold.

"Afternoon, dear"  he spoke up when she was passing by. Why exactly, because he was bored and in a better mood. He really did not need any reason to interact with others.
35 Posts
Ooc — Twi
Those frosted eyes quite watched the male partly as she headed by, not expecting a hostile encounter but such was a possibility. Hearing his words however and catching the scent of a pack on him, call it curiosity but Morgäna set the bundle down at her feet as she looked the male over. "Afternoon..and what pack are you from?" Perhaps straight to the point but she didn't see the reason for beating around the bush.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
Akela could appreciate her not wasting time in small talk.  He knew he wasn't wearing the paw of the brotherhood, otherwise she might not even have asked such question, but he was curious as to see her reaction.  " Blackfeather Woods. " he spoke.  "A day walk south of here. " he replied , remaining perfectly still.  " And before you ask, I was tracking a packmate that was believed to be in these parts  due to the storm. As it turns out, said mate does not wish to return. Shame really.  How about you miss ? "
35 Posts
Ooc — Twi
Morgäna watched him with a critical eye, for any sign of aggression or of an impending attack. Such didn't seem to be forth coming however. Those frosted eyes blinked as he said his pack name, which she recalled upon meeting her Alpha whom granted her to join; they had some misdoings or so she assumed. But she made sure to note the location of where his own resided, maybe she'd pay them a visit. "I've little reason to accuse you of anything or to attack you for." Quite simply getting it out of the way. "I know little of your pack but it seems you have some history with Scimitar; he neglected to say what however." Well, leaving it up to the male if he wanted to inform her of such or not. Regardless Morgäna would remain indifferent until they posed a true threat.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
Akela h'med. "Yes and no.  I have not all the details. And as you may well know, what the Alpha does not share, is not important for us pack members to know.  " he replied.  He noted the name in the back of his head. There was no doubt he would inform Burke of this. If this pack had a history with Blackfeather woods and was seemingly close, to another part which was neutral to them, he needed to be informed.  " So you are part of the pack of Scimitar... where lies your pack's location these days ?  That storm changed things around here quite a bit"
35 Posts
Ooc — Twi
Morgäna flicked an ear. "Unless they wish to endanger those within their pack." Knowing all too well, if one had enemies, you best inform those around you. Being caught unprepared..was far from ideal and had dire consequences in the end. However upon hearing his words and asking where the pack was located..her tongue was not as loose as he might of hoped. "I'm afraid I can't say, for these lands are new to me." Which was largely true, she had after all just made her way from her once home lands.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
"Now that would be a fool to have as Alpha. " he retorted and munched on another piece of the rabbit. His damn chewing habbit.  " A new comer to these lands who doesn't know the name of her own pack ...how fortunate. " he replied with a light sarcasm and swallowed the piece it was eating. He knew of two packs forming in the area. Ravens had been quite handy to him to gather information. They were close to each other  , she could be of either  Jade Grove or Lost Creek Hollow. Not that he tremendously cared, even though he was curious to know if the wolf in front of him would tell her Alpha about meeting a BFW scout. "You know this area well enough after your herb gathering , that's a start. "
35 Posts
Ooc — Twi
Morgäna took a seat, wrapping that tail around her as the dame did so. "Oh? And why do you say this?" Well, she was open to whatever he may have to say on the matter. A brow rose at his sarcasm however, but she didn't bother to indulge in such things. Though she knew sooner or later word would get around, the birds perhaps knew far more then their far share. Then again they did nothing but talk, they had their uses.."I suppose, but this is nothing like home." She said, meaning her birth pack or once birth pack anyway. Those eyes had noted his wounds finally. "And just what did you tangle with?" Possibly a large cat or maybe a bear, the two could be quite identical in causing some wounds.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
The wolf did not answer directly. Her question entailed a longer explanation that would give far too much away about how he was thinking. She was not playing by the same rules of  I reply to your question, you reply to mine. Akela bend his head down to clean a little more of the little carcass.  "For someone who does not wish to share many details, you ask a lot of questions to a stranger. " Akela pointed out.   " Risks of being a warden, you attract stuff with claws and teeth" he then replied , concerning his wounds.  "If this doesn't feel like home, why are you staying ?"
35 Posts
Ooc — Twi
That was very much true, Morgäna didn't play by the sames rules that everyone did. But she'd played along if she must and it seemed this one was questioning her way of doing things, she could of laughed at the male but she did not. That dark head titled slightly however. "To the north of here." It was an answer to one of his earlier questions, but she'd say no more then that. "You should have them tended to." The dark women merely stated the obvious, knowing even with the wounds perhaps closed as they are, they could reopen easily and cause quite a sever infection. As for his question. "The place I had once called 'home'; no longer exist." Silently she was somewhat cursing the male for eating in front of her, but Morgäna kept silent on the matter.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
The wolf looked at the direction she pointed.  The answer to his question.  Good.  " I had them tended to, but then I decided to ignore the rest advice from the healer to get some work done.  " he admitted.  He did not say anything about her home being gone. She must had her own reasons for leaving, staying, he did not really care.  "I have a deal to offer you.  " he started.  " I have to head back to my pack, but it would greatly help if those wounds would not open while I  travel. " he spoke.  " I'll give you the rest of this rabbit if you take the time to mend them for me"
35 Posts
Ooc — Twi
Morgäna snorted at the male. "Foolishness, that will one day get you killed." A simple truth he may or may not agree with, but he did so at his own peril. As for him getting work done, well she would not argue with that. A brow was raised at the males off of a deal and yet Morgäna couldn't help but chuckle a bit at what he spewed forth. "Work to be paid with something that is little more then bones and fur? I think not." The women paused here, pushing down another laugh that threatened to bubble up. "I have a far better one for you; catch me a fawn and I'll see what I can do." The women offered a light smirk upon such, knowing he just may refuse..but well that was on him; she cared little which way he wished to go about it. She neglected to mention the other part of this 'deal', one he would see upon and depending on his answer.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
Akela frowned.  "A fawn ?  Do you want me to also skin it and rip it open for you to enjoy the organs ?" he blinked at her. She was either mocking him, or being serious. In both cases, he had no will power nor energy to hunt a fawn and face an angry mother in the process. " Why would  I be willing but I'm not suicidal to take away prey from a whole pack, especially when winter is around the corner and finding meat starts to prove difficult. "  Since he was on his own, recovering , he did not want to tempt fate and attract any pack's attention.  "Darling your services are too expensive for me  I'm afraid "
35 Posts
Ooc — Twi
Morgäna titled that head slightly, listening and watching the male with some amusement. But no, she was far from mocking the male; she was being quite serious on the matter. Why wouldn't she be after all? It had been awhile sine her last meal yet she hadn't tapped into the caches back at the pack lands, with due reason. "Taking the life of something that will not see the end of winter? Hardly taking something from a possible pack in the area." The assassin knew, it was too close to the winter and the fawn would have far too little time to fatten up for the up coming winter. As for his next words, they made her chuckle a bit. "They are far more then just expensive." Every deal had a consequence, but this was something trivial and not worth seeking a unfair price for. "And what of the lands near your own pack? wouldn't they do?" Oh Morgäna was curious about this pack of his and wanted to know just may have transpired between the one she resided in now and between his own. She hardly needed enemies, at least right then.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
Akela looked at the woman. She still thought like a lone wolf.  He was not going to make himself extra tired just to get her something to eat to maybe have her take a look at his wounds.  There was no point in that.  "That is not the question here.  Your request was to get you a fawn.  I do not know these lands here, and do not wish to tire me for the prospect of you maybe healing me. "  Akela contemplated the situation for a moment.  "My Alpha sent me here to look for members of our pack who got lost after the storm. Maybe that you can help me with.  Their names are Shego, Lakhesis, Ayana and Grimnir , have you heard those names or seen them ? "
35 Posts
Ooc — Twi
Morgäna snorted a touch at this of course, flicking an ear in thought as he spoke naturally. "Lie down and stay still." It was all the women said before opening the little bundle of herbs, going through them, she selected a few to be chewed and turned into a paste. Once the male laid down and well was still, only then did she reach over and bother putting such on this wounds, to help keeping them from opening up on him but also to healer faster. Once every wound was given a good look over, did she finally apply the spider web to bind them and to keep the paste in place. "Only one resides here, that I know of." Of course she neglected to give a name, as she was soon finished, spitting out the rest of the bitter herbs. "My price for the name, would to be to meet one of your leaders to learn of what happened between this pack and yours." A fair trade off, she could gather some herbs on the way and keep an eye on his wounds.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
Akela did as told and let her work. It seemed that she knew what she was doing. When she answered his question about one of the wolves, his interest peaked. So one of those had joined the woman's pack. Interesting. He could get the name from someone else, but since he had managed to establish some sort of basic trust with the healer, he was not going to let that go to waste.  " Agreed. " he spoke. There was no law against meeting the leaders, and asking them questions, however, Akela would not vouch nor promise that she would get her answers. There was the twist he kept quiet.  "Who knows...you might even want to stay with us. Although maybe it's a little too dark for your likings. " he pointed out.  "The pack is south of here, beyond the mountains, it is more or less a day...a day and a half walk from here. "
35 Posts
Ooc — Twi
Morgäna worked quickly but effectively as well, knowing how to do a healers job, it simply had been a part of her training. Then again, if your stuck on your own and hurt, no one was around to save your sorry hide. However getting the male to agree made a brow rise, knowing that had been far too easy. "But, your going to take me there, as it is I should keep an eye on those wounds." Knowing it'd be enough of a reason to take her to the boarders of his pack, rather then leaving her to sniff them out. Blinking at his next words however, she laughed a bit at that. "I doubt they are my dear, this pack..isn't my type typically." Anything to blend in and avoid a winter alone. Came such thoughts, knowing doing such was far from fun.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
I think you can close it after my answer, and  I'll open the thread at BFW ? I'll then archive it.

The wolf titled his head, but then gave in. He did not see why not. " Fair enough.  The name then. " he demanded and stood up and lead the way.  They needed to get moving if this was going to happen.  He looked back at the female, wondering why she had joined if it wasn't her typicial pack, but it wasn't his business and he did not want to enter more into unnecessary conversations that would get nowhere. " Well, at least you have their protection for this winter. Who knows, not typical can be surprising at times. " he trotted faster.  "Come on , doll, gotta get moving to get there on this day still. "
35 Posts
Ooc — Twi
Shall do and otay~

"Ayana." The dark women spoke lightly but true enough, as she returned to that bundle. Making sure to tie it up before she dipped that head down to pick it up in her jaws. The oncoming winter was the main reason for her joining, she wasn't sure if it was going to be a passing thing or if she was going to remain here. Time would tell. "For now; we shall see what the winter brings." A simple truth, things could change even during the older and bitter month. Snorting at the males words, she easily kept up; staying by his right side -- close enough but not too close.