Redhawk Caldera Dead in the Water
25 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
All Welcome 
Dean looked around and stepped into a puddle of water the was very clean for some reason. His paws ached from some rugged terrain he was climbing earlier. He got out of the water and he sat on his rump. He lifted a leg and noticed a fairly deep cut. What happened? His head tilted his head.

Not long later Dean had wrapped his cut up and had stopped the bleeding for the moment. He sighed and felt a chill in the air. Autumn had already come and Dean's coat was getting thicker for winter. He felt bigger from the fur and wouldn't admit he was embarrassed by it. He always felt like a giant marshmallow during the winter.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
"What happened?" Elwood asked as he approached, looking to the bandage wrapped around Dean's foot. He could smell the metallic odor of blood in the air even though the other wolf had cleaned himself up. The Beta halted a few paces from his packmate, ears pricked with interest. He had been out looking for a hunting partner, but it didn't seem as though Dean would be up for it.

Their pack had lost many healers since its inception, to death as well as wanderlust, but they were lucky to have an unofficial medic in Peregrine's daughter. "You know, you can have Raven take a look at that if you want. Did you wrap it yourself?" he asked; perhaps Dean had some skills that he hadn't previously shared. Elwood himself certainly wouldn't have known how to poultice a wound and stop the bleeding.
25 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Dean looked over to the wolf and smiled. He saw the wolf's eyes on his wrapping."I must've gotten a cut earlier without noticing it, and put a simple wrap around it. It really isn't that hard to do." He remembered the somber memory of Ray showing him some medical things, they weren't that hard to preform on yourself just took a little effort. He also took to mind what herbs were to be used to not get an infection on the wound which helped a lot with the healing of the cut.

His mind drifted back to the present and he questioned the male, "Why did you want to know?"
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Although the bandage was relatively simple, Elwood was still impressed by Dean's handiwork. He wondered if Peregrine's kin would pursue the healer trade -- a pack could never have enough medics. The pale wolf explained what he had done, and then questioned Elwood's interest.

"I was just curious. It's good that you were able to take care of it yourself," he said with a twitch of his tail. He hesitated slightly and considered taking his leave so that he could continue with his original plan of hunting, but then decided against it. He didn't know Dean well, so this was the perfect opportunity to become better acquainted with the subordinate. "I don't know if we've officially been introduced -- I'm Elwood. You're related to Peregrine, right?" he said. With a territory as expansive as theirs, it was easy to become familiar with someone's scent without actually interacting.