Moonspear nothing can stop us
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
The wait was one that had Gyda nearly humming with anticipation. She was a mix of feelings, unsure how Thistle would take the news. In Gyda's mind her mother was angry with her ...this was a play off of the belief that Ragnar was still angry with her when he'd passed to Valhalla. It wasn't too far of a stretch for her to imagine that he hadn't forgiven her because Ragnar had been known to hold grudges. This caused much pain and unrest within the shield-maiden's heart. She sucked in her breath when her mother's frame came into view. That was the moment that everything — including Dash's presence — disappeared and it was just her and her mother. Everything came rushing to the Scandinavian at once, unbidden, like a flood gate wrenching itself open. 

Thouugh Gyda had believed she had wept every tear she was ever going to have over Ragnar's death they welled, hot at her eyelids all the same. Yet, she held herself tall and proud though her heart was breaking all over again. “það er mér, móðir” She breathed in the guttural language of her people and took an uneven breath. “I have found his g-grave,” Thinking and speaking of Ragnar had broke down her pride and she stuttered over the word. “I never got to apologize or tell him that I loved him.” ...in a way that she could not entirely claim was the love a daughter was supposed to have for her father — even an adopted one. It was her darkest secret and she was terrified of it though it didn't much matter anymore. He was in Valhalla and she had no choice but to mourn him and move on. “Did he hate me? Did he die hating me?” Gyda asked, the tears breaking free. She didn't entirely want to know but at the same time she did ...not that she was sure what she was going to do with the knowledge if he had died hating her.

and armor underneath her skin
who crushes the world beneath her feet
Messages In This Thread
nothing can stop us - by Gyda - January 07, 2016, 02:40 PM
RE: nothing can stop us - by Dash - January 10, 2016, 03:53 PM
RE: nothing can stop us - by Gyda - January 11, 2016, 04:50 PM
RE: nothing can stop us - by Dash - January 12, 2016, 06:55 PM
RE: nothing can stop us - by Gyda - January 13, 2016, 05:06 PM
RE: nothing can stop us - by Dash - January 15, 2016, 07:14 PM
RE: nothing can stop us - by Thistle Cloud - January 17, 2016, 09:26 AM
RE: nothing can stop us - by Gyda - January 17, 2016, 11:03 AM
RE: nothing can stop us - by Thistle Cloud - January 24, 2016, 07:53 PM