Moonspear nothing can stop us
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
“I know it is where he always wanted to be,” She paused for a moment to collect her thoughts. “Our fates are already written by the Gods, Odin decided that he needed Ragnar more than we did,” Another brave warrior to join the Allfather's ranks in preperation for Ragnarok. “Yet I cannot help but think that it is not fair. That we need him more than Odin.” Gyda loved the Gods as Ragnar had, devout to them as he'd been. This loyalty and love she had learned from him, fascinated as a girl by the rituals he would hold no matter how macabre. “I did not mind the Prietess' need of me.” Gyda admitted to Thistle, glimpsing down away from her mother's face. She could not  bring herself to admit what she knew and what she suspected none of the others, even Ragnar himself, knew. It was not Gyda's secret to tell, anyhow.

“Floki is eccentric,” Gyda said with a small chuckle accented with the fondest of smiles. “but he is an amazing healer, like you,” Gyda suspected the Floki and her mother would get along quite well, if not for this shared passion alone. “I like Dagrun very much,” Gyda spoke. “He finished the training I had started with Ragnar, and helped me end Vali's tyranny. When I stepped up as the Cove's Queen I made him my Jarl, my co-alpha.” Of course Thistle was savvy to the words of the Northmen and yet Gyda had gotten into the habit of explaining them anyway. “He is very ambitious, but are not all men?” Women too, though of that Gyda needed no reminding. She, herself, was quite ambitious, if her rise to power so young and desire to keep it was of any major indication.

“At least promise me you will visit. I know we will be far away but I would like to see you more often. There is so much to talk about.” Much that Gyda didn't even know about — like her siblings for one.
and armor underneath her skin
who crushes the world beneath her feet
Messages In This Thread
nothing can stop us - by Gyda - January 07, 2016, 02:40 PM
RE: nothing can stop us - by Dash - January 10, 2016, 03:53 PM
RE: nothing can stop us - by Gyda - January 11, 2016, 04:50 PM
RE: nothing can stop us - by Dash - January 12, 2016, 06:55 PM
RE: nothing can stop us - by Gyda - January 13, 2016, 05:06 PM
RE: nothing can stop us - by Dash - January 15, 2016, 07:14 PM
RE: nothing can stop us - by Thistle Cloud - January 17, 2016, 09:26 AM
RE: nothing can stop us - by Gyda - January 17, 2016, 11:03 AM
RE: nothing can stop us - by Thistle Cloud - January 24, 2016, 07:53 PM