Sleeping Dragon my heart has always been soaked in rocket fuel and sorrow
a page ripped
258 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Medic
As the eyes of Alpha bore into those of the submissive lone wolf, Lucani's instincts were confirmed — this was a personal meeting, but Lucani was by no means obliged to flee it.  If Thuringwethil wanted her gone from this meeting, she would have made it known to the older female.

Lucani's stance was not entirely relevant to this exchange, but she remained fairly low and certainly respectful in posture — though nowhere near as submissive as the stranger. This meant that if Thuringwethil turned suddenly, she would see a loyal and dignified subordinate awaiting her command.

Speaking of command, Lucani knew in her heart that if her new Alpha demanded that she attack this wolf (though currently she could see no reason why Thuringwethil would request such a thing, despite the tension in the air), she would not do so without reason. If the stranger unexpectedly became dominant or progressed unbidden into Sleeping Dragon territory, wild instinct would flare up and Lucani would become aggressive. But if Thuringwethil suddenly told her to hurt this wolf with no rhyme or reason, Lucani's loyalty would truly be tested... and she suspected she might fail.

"I think you will adapt well to my ways. They may be harsh, but they are fair." She remembered what the young leader had told her. And she had faith. If Thuringwethil wanted her to be a brutal right paw in this situation, she would show Lucani it was fair. After all, what brave commander wanted someone who was blindly loyal...?

And in the meantime, Lucani remained obedient and stoic, watching the exchange closely. They spoke in an unknown language, and so she had to pick up on the tonal cues. She felt for the grovelling stranger, but this whole thing was... frankly, fascinating.
Messages In This Thread
RE: my heart has always been soaked in rocket fuel and sorrow - by Lucani - January 14, 2016, 04:55 AM