The Sentinels Fire escape
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
As Wildfire set out in the direction of the coast, she was still marveling over the fact that Charon not only knew @Osprey but that they were evidently friends. Grinning to herself, she broke into a gallop that carried her swiftly across the landscape in the direction of The Sentinels. Maybe she could actually catch up with @Dante this time too, or perhaps catch a glimpse of @Lasher. Whoever came to receive her at the borders, the sprightly young she-wolf reminded herself that what was important was passing along her Alpha's message to its intended recipient.

It was early afternoon when she paused near the territory's fringes, tipping her smudged muzzle upward and enjoying the hint of sea salt in the bracing winter air. Wildfire's lips formed an "o" and she released a low, ululating howl to draw attention to herself, then stepped back and lowered her body as she waited.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
When Dante heard Wildfire on the border, he hustled over asap.  He had missed her visit last time, but he was happy to hear from her and curious to know how she was doing.  Jokingly (kinda) he wondered if she's finally decided Charon's leadership wasn't for her and come to take up a spot here.  Not likely, and uncharitable, but it amused him.

"Hey Attica," he called as he approached, jokingly calling out the name she'd first dubbed herself.  "What's going on?"  His approach was friendly and more relaxed than he'd normally be around an outsider.  She's pretty much earned his trust and he knew she was aware of border ettiquette.  There was no need for posturing here.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
cameo post!

as of late, the man had taken to wandering the outskirts of donnelaith rather fruitlessly, and with a restlessness within him he did not understand. today was no different. he feared a depression was taking root in his spirit, and attempted to dispel it with fonder memories of a more light-hearted time.

wildfire. why had she come? but lasher did not worry himself with such trivialities. he came forth to answer the voice of the flame-child, drawing close into the shadow of a tree to realize that dante had already arrived. strangely, he felt very little like joining the pair at the borders; with a faint and saddened expression, the man drew away and let his steps carry him deeper into the weald.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
It was sort of ironic that it was Dante who appeared to greet her. She was here with a message for Osprey. She had met Osprey (she was ninety-eight percent sure) last time when seeking Dante. Perhaps this was something mates did. That thought twitched her lips into a smile, which spread further as the pewter male made his approach. She bowed her head, ears pressing flat, black tail wiggling slowly in friendly salutations.

When he said her nickname, Wildfire couldn't resist saying, "Hey, Uncle Dante." She glanced up at him through her eyelashes. "Not much. I have a message to deliver but it's nothing urgent. How are you?" she inquired conversationally, dropping into a sit, all the while oblivious to Lasher's arrival and subsequently hasty departure.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante also failed to notice his leader's silent flyby, instead focusing in on Wildfire's greeting and reason for being there.  He smiled in both amusement and delight at her dubbing him 'Uncle Dante', knowing it was in response to his own joke but appreciating the reference to their new tie all the same.  It was a good phrase to hear.

"Yeah, a message?  Who for?"  If it wasn't urgent they didn't need to call them right away, but he could at least inform her if they were still around.  They'd lost and gained a few members recently.  He imagined it was probably for either one of their leaders or Osprey, but didn't want to assume as much.  "I've been good.  How are things down by you?"  He had nothing of note to inform her on, having mostly been sticking close to home, and so quickly turned the question back.  He was genuinely interested as well.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She took a moment to consider his question prior to answering. Things were all right, more or less, especially now that she knew her parents were back on track. Of course, she wouldn't have mentioned them to Dante regardless. Wildfire idly wondered what he would think, should he know of their issues, but let that thought drift away on the wintry breeze. As far as her things went with her personally, she couldn't complain, especially because of recent developments with Floki. But would he even want to hear about any of that fluff?

"Same," she answered simply, smilingly. "Just keeping busy working on trades and whatnot. Speaking of which, the message is for Osprey, actually," Wildfire reported in the next breath. "I'm pretty sure I met her the last time I came by here, though she never gave me a name—well, a proper name," she amended with an amused smirk. "In any case, my Alpha, Charon, is apparently on friendly terms with her. He asked me to let her know that we're living at Moonspear and welcome her to visit us sometime." She made a point of saying "us" because if Osprey was going to swing by, Wildfire wouldn't mind being there too. She was her aunt, after all.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
"Oh?" It wouldn't surprise him if she had, Osprey had a tendency to do exactly what he didn't expect, and it was one of the things he loved about her, both as a friend and a mate.  Must run in the family, he thought with a smile, though he didn't interrupt Wildfire's delivery.

He couldn't keep the smile from fading when she said her message was from Charon.  He would never make Osprey choose or ask that she stay away, but there was too much bad blood there for Dante to be thrilled about their friendship either.  He would make an attempt, for Osprey's sake.  But he definitely wasn't perfect.  "I'll let her know," he said, smiling again back at Wildfire.  It wasn't her fault he and her alpha had issues.  Wait.... oh he probably shouldn't.  But that didn't mean he wouldn't, and he was curious as hell.  "Can I ask you - what's it like?  Having Charon as an alpha?"  He kept anything negative out of his tone.  He wouldn't try to turn her against him, nor let his own opinion color it.  He just sincerely wanfed to know.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She saw Dante's smile fade and her lips pressed together. Soon, though, he was smiling again and promising to pass along her message. Wildfire grinned. Mission accomplished, she thought, finding she couldn't wait to report back to Charon with the news of a successful delivery. She was really making herself into a true pack diplomat.

Dante's question drilled through her daydream of earning her Alpha's praise for a job well done. "Ummm." She blinked, chewing on that question for a moment and taking a second to study Dante's face before dropping her eyes again. His tone was neutral, though Wildfire was no dummy. There must be a reason he was asking.

For the moment, she didn't ask why. She just considered the question, then replied, "It's fine, I guess. He can be a bit hard to swallow sometimes but, then, I grew up with Peregrine and Fox as leaders." Wildfire's lips twitched into a crooked smirk. It felt odd, referring to her parents by their names, yet she had done it to make a point. Dante would know what she meant.

After a moment, she added, "Why do you ask?" She kept her voice light, red head tilting.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He could not see the comparison she drew, when he thought on it.  A lot had happened, but he would never put either in the same category as Charon, as he saw them acting fundamentally different.  This was based on very limited exposure on his part, however.  And the Charon that hated him probably wasn't the same wolf that led the Moonspear.  He did tend to bring out the worst in him.

"Just curious," he said, shrugging.  Then he smiled, explaining a little more.  "We don't exactly get along, him and me.  So I figured I'd get an unbiased take.  Osprey is fond of him too, obviously." So apparently he was in a minority.  That was fine - he'd stay in it.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
While the fact that Dante knew Charon was surprising, the news that they didn't get along wasn't. Wildfire made a muffled "heh" noise under her breath. She didn't think she was actually that unbiased; her was her Alpha, after all, as well as her closest companion's older brother. But she knew what Dante meant and she understood why he wasn't Charon's biggest fan. Although she respected him, Wildfire was well aware of the young leader's faults.

"He's not everyone's cup of tea," she remarked a bit generically, crinkling her nose. She would never speak ill of Charon, no matter his flaws. "But how did he and Osprey become friends?" Wildfire wondered in the next breath. It was interesting to note that two halves of a mated pair could feel so differently toward a particular individual.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
It was strange, if you thought about it.  "I'm not sure.  They met a long time ago.  And she has a way of making friends," he added, smiling fondly.  He was not quite so accomplished.  Most of his lasting relationships lay inside the pack, Wildfire being one of the only outsiders he had repeated contact with. "But, as you said; to each their own."
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Dante didn't know, so perhaps she would have to ask Charon, once she returned home to verify the delivery of his message. On that note, Wildfire said, "Well, I trust you to pass that along, so... mission: accomplished." She tossed him a little grin. "Guess I'll be heading back now. Thanks for taking the time, Dante. I'm sure I'll see you around. Take care."

She waited, giving him a moment to speak any words of parting he desired, then pivoted on a red heel and began the long journey back toward Moonspear. Whatever Dante felt about Charon, she was excited to nab him the moment she got home and let her Alpha know that she had passed along his message, just like he'd asked.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante nodded, having no issues with delivering the message to Osprey as soon as he could.  Turns out it would not be immediate, but the news was hardly critical.  "Thanks for the delivery.  I'll be sure it makes it to her.  Travel safe!"

He watched her go on her way, then shook his head and started back in on his own territory.  It was always fun running into her - the cheer was catching.