Phoenix Maplewood Joining pack.
Delta
56 Posts
Ooc —
Occ:  This was meant to be posted BEFORE Reeks post. We must of posted within very close time. Just take this post as happening BEFORE Reek arrives. 

After quickly grabbing the scruff of Rain and holding her back, Lyric lightly scolded her.
'Rain, you shouldn't run up to strangers it's not safe' 
Turning back to both wolves she greeted the new wolf politely. 
'Nice to meet you, I am Lyric and this little one is Rain'
Rain was still staring at the newcomer, her wagging tail hitting Lyrics legs painfully.
'I understand what you mean Apollo, those few weeks I walked alone after being banished were rough.  Then she came along, I wasn't lonely any more but she needs a proper pack, a family' 
Delta
56 Posts
Ooc —
Lyric tensed, straightened her back and stood her ground. She had been warned of his snarky personality, she was not going to loose her temper, even though she could still feel anger bubbling in her chest. 
' Well then, you must be Reek, pleasure to meet you. I also see you've met my daughter, Rain.
Say hello dear' She spoke coldly. 
Lyric nudged Rain forward.
' Hello, I'm Rain '  She said quietly but confidently.
She bent her head down, arching her back showing submission.
'We wish to join your pack'   
Epsilon
Hunting threads: 3/5 Caregiver threads: 1/5
218 Posts
Ooc —
Ooc:long post because of all that's happened. 

Lunar smiled at the pup,dipping into a play bow. She straightened when the pup's mother pulled her back. "That's alright. She didn't mean any harm,"she smiled at her pup,"she's very beautiful. Unlike any wolf I've ever seen." She nodded as the female told her of her name and her pup's as well. Lyric and Rain,unusual names but nice nonetheless. She felt for the young mother,having to leave her own pack as well,of course for very different reasons. When Reek padded into the clearing she shuffled into a respectful position. Her mouth gaped open upon hearing his rude words. She had known her Alpha to be rather difficult and even aggressive,considering the display put on when she joined, but his words were unnecessarily cruel. Rain couldn't help her appearance,she rather liked the young one. She hoped the two would be allowed to join. She didn't blame Lyric for sounding a bit put off when she answered Reek,pushing her pup a bit forward to be introduced. Her eyes flicked between the small family and her Alpha,expecting some kind of confrontation.
41 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Apollo couldn't help but contain his laugh, he smiled for a split second at Reek's comment, but gained his composure and instantly felt regret wash over him. He didn't agree with what his alpha had said, but out of context that was hilarious. He cleared his throat and looked down, disappointed in himself. The second his leader arrived he lowered his body to a more submissive stance.  Lyric had expressed his distaste in being a loner as well, he also had some experience with caring for a pup as a lone wolf, so he knew what she had been going through and respected her need to join.
Apollo's fluent in both Greek and Latin. 
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Her daughter? How the hell did that even work? The youth looked so foreign; so different. Reek had seen the products of couplings between coyotes and wolves, but the two he felt were more or less the same. Coyote's were simply smaller, scavengers... but they were still creatures of the wild. This, however, Reek didn't know what this was. His brow scrunched hard with confusion, so much so that he hardly noticed (nor cared) about her request to join his pack.

His gaze shot back to the mother. "What?" spoke Reek, somewhat flabbergasted. "But why does it look so wierd? Is it sick?" No matter what it was, he wasn't keen on exposing his family to it.

Once again, his gaze jumped from mother to child, and back to mother again. "How the hell does that come out of you?"
Delta
56 Posts
Ooc —
Lyric could not help but feel enraged by his reaction but she knew that she had to keep her cool if she wanted any chance at all to join. 
 ' Her father was a domestic, if that answers your question.' 
Rain was now shaking slightly in front of her mother, obviously scared of the wolves reaction to her. Lyric quickly took another step forward shielding her child protectively. 
' We come from outside the Teekon Wilds, my old pack lived near domestic civilisation. 
Now, we've travelled here, in hopes of a second chance. As from what I've heard, Phoenix Maplewood is known to take in wolves who wish to leave their past behind them, which we desire to do so' 
54 Posts
Ooc — Nico
Rain didn't understand why this dark wolf seemed so upset with her, had she done something wrong? She couldn't help but shiver with fear, Rain knew that she was different but was it really a bad thing? Also she didn't seem to understand him, she wasn't sick at all, she was perfectly healthy. Rain then wandered towards Reek, staring straight into his eyes, much to her mother's dismay.
' What's wrong with me? '
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
Poor thing,nothing was wrong with her. Reek had dug himself into a deeper hole, the child was a she not an it for God's sake! She couldn't help but wince at the pup looking into the Alpha's eyes,she remembered her own mistake of looking the Lost Creek's Alpha in the eye. This wasn't going to end well.
41 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Apollo's blood ran cold when the young hybrid moved herself towards their alpha, he tried his best to signal her to step back with his muzzle, and shared a glance with her mother. Hoping her to save Rain from Reek's wrath, whether it be verbal or physical, though he doubted the scruffy male would take it that far unless presented a challenge in the first place. He shifted uncomfortable hearing his leaders words. "She's a mix with a dog, sir, the father being a Border Collie." 
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Numerous red flags were raised in Reek's mind after listening to her explanation, however, the bulk of the problems he felt with these newcomers lied in the subtext. She had fallen pregnant from a domestic dog. Surely, her previous alpha wouldn't have given her permission to breed with such a creature. This willingness to go around her pack to serve her own wills gave Reek discomfort and served as another nail in the coffin for the pair's potential joining. He simply couldn't take the risk, not with his own children possibly on the way.

The final straw however came at the hands of the child. Eye contact, especially with the alpha, was a big no-no. It was a challenge hardwired directly into their very instincts, and Reek's reaction was only natural. His lips pulled back, exposing a row of long, crooked teeth and a low, gutteral growl passed his lips. The hair on the back of Reek's back stood straight. No matter how hard his subordinates tried to stave off Reek's anger, his decision had already been made.

"Leave," he snapped. If they turned tail and left now, he would show them the mercy of allowing them to leave intact.
Delta
56 Posts
Ooc —
Lyric sprinted  forward and grabbed the pup's scruff with her jaws. Her pup was trembling in terror. 
'I'm so sorry, she didn't mean any harm' Lyric's own voice was wavering. She'd been denied, her and Rain had been walking for days on end, this was now the third pack they had came to, she was exhausted. Tears filled her eyes in disappointment and hopelessness, she didn't want to try again, she wanted a home for her family. She felt the prejudice that she'd felt a thousand times before, she wanted to grovel but realized for the sake of Rain it would be better to be an outcast for now than join a pack that would  not fully accept Rain. 
'I respect you decision, Reek. Thank you for your time' She whimpered. Watching Reek leave, she glanced at the other wolves. 
'Well. I did kind of expect that, but it still comes as a shock I guess.' 
Lyric pulled Rain to her chest and nuzzled her neck comfortingly, telling her it was going to be OK. Lyric laughed pathetically and looked up.
'Don't suppose any of you know any other packs round here?' 
54 Posts
Ooc — Nico
Nuzzling into her mother's chest, she allowed herself to calm down. The Reek wolf had scared her so badly, she didn't understand why he was so mean to her.
'He was a poop head' She mumbled.
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
Lunar winced when the verdict came, these two would not be joining it seemed. Lyric really should have taught her daughter about the ways of packs before coming, it really would've been best for the pup to hang back being quiet. Perhaps then maybe Reek might've let them in.

No matter what's done is done, she gave the two a last smile. "Sleeping Dragon is close to here,"she told the pair. Maybe they would find luck there. With a small nod to Reek she left, heading back the way she came.
41 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Apollo gave the two a sorrowful look, but lacked little remorse in the pups decisions, if they were to respect the Alpha they weren't allowed to treat him with such actions. Giving a loud sigh, he nodded at the two. "I hope to see you two around," He truly liked the two wolves, but he didn't wish to say goodbye. He anticipated seeing them again sometime soon, and with that he began to walk off. 

Apollo out!