Silvertip Mountain The Territory
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
She was kind enough to let him know she had made the same mistake he just had, and he smiled his gratefulness. He got back into his stance, this time more dedicated to not making a mistake. He was quiet, concentrating on the water and looking for schools of fish. There was a lone one here and there, and then a couple swam by together, but he remember Mara Susi had asked for larger groups.

After a short while, the fish were coming more and more. Steady glanced to Mara, There are quite a few now, he whispered, not wanting to scare them off. What do I do? he asked, his voice still low.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

261 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
When Steady informed her of the larger schools of fish, she refocused onto the water and lowered her body closer towards the fish, ready to pounce and bite as soon as possible. "Do as I do," She instructed, keeping her voice quiet and low. "Jump the second before  you think it's in front of you," This was a trick she often used, by jumping ahead of time she likely caught the fish than when she thought it to be in front of her, because by the time she jumped for that fish it would often be on its way, away from her. The second Steady would jump, she knew the fish would scatter their separate paths, but she was trained enough to capture frantic fish.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
I'm so sorry about the long delay!

She instructed him to jump just before the fish got to him. He watched them, his body tensing in anticipation. There's one! Nope, it passed. Another! Nope, not that one, either. Steady took a deep breath, trying to calm himself the best he could, knowing that if he struck too soon, it would just scare the fish in a different direction. He concentrated on the incoming fish, his eyes locking on one that seemed to be heading straight in front of his legs.

Just before it reached him, Steady struck, his open jaws going into the water to grab the fish. Feeling something in his jaws, he instantly closed them. Bring his head up, the small fish was captured in his teeth, flailing about to try and get away, but he held it firmly. Tail wagging, he leapt out of the water and onto shore, going a few meters before dropping the fish and looking to Mara Susi to see if she had tried to grab one, as well.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

261 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Glad you're back!

It wasn't long after Steady had caught a fish did she catch one as well, lifting herself from the water, her whole face now soaking wet, she moved up to the shore alongside the dark male. She placed her fish beside his and gave an approving smile in his direction. "Congratulations!" Mara touted, knowing it felt utterly amazing when she caught her first fish. Then again, it had been for survival, but the same accomplishment.

"You did well you're first time." The girl admitted, wagging her tail slightly.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Thanks!

His tail wagged as he looked over and Mara Susi was catching her own fish and bringing it to shore. Thanks, you, too! he said when she congratulated him. He shrugged a bit when she commented he had done well his first time, looking down at his fish, who was laying still now. It's kinda small... he realized. It certainly didn't look as big as the other ones he had seen in the river.

Still he had caught, and that was certainly something. With a grin he said, Time to eat it! After all, the entire purpose of hunting was to eat! He made quick work of the fish, tearing it apart. He didn't particularly like the tiny bones, as they tended to stab his mouth. But, they were doable. When he was finished, he laid next to what was left of the carcass, looking over to Mara Susi. Thank you for teaching me, he said earnestly.