Blackfoot Forest dance at bougival
133 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
Not sure if its full! Feel free to send him away if so.

He had gone east for what felt like days - perhaps an entire lifetime - and gradually drifted north with the onset of spring. With his mind and heart in turmoil, he innately lost sight of himself. Food went un-eaten, water was only consumed when the idle thought struck his golden head. When finally the boy came to a halt, he was on the doorstep of a pack; his weariness was clear by the haggard state of his body. He sighed and stared off in to space, watching some tiny birds flit between the boughs of a nearby tree.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
not sure if its full but you need to have the joining code somewhere in your thread: love conquers all.

Liri was patrolling, switching it up from her usual routine. She usually hunted prey for the pack's cache, stored herbs for the winter, or chased away foxes. Thankfully the scar on her shoulder had become covered with snowy white fur, hiding it from sight like the many others on her body. She had yet to be injured by another fox and hoped to not be again.

She had just stopped at one of the caches, figuring since she helped to fill them it would be alright to grab lunch from one. She snagged a rabbit from it and continued her patrol, hoping to find somewhere to sit and eat it.

Smelling the wolf on the breeze, she increased her pace. She found the straggler outside the border, looking very tired. She stopped just inside the border. "Hello," she greeted after setting down the rabbit. 

She didn't bother with dominance, she didn't care if this stranger was a loner. As long as he was polite she saw no reason to enforce submission from him. "Are you hungry?" She nudged the rabbit towards him kindly, seeing how weary he was.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

133 Posts
Ooc —
The starlings bickered like children; grabbing at the same piece of twine and heaving-ho, or pecking at their rival's cheeks, or even tumbling wing-first against the other. Whether they sat in the tree or lay 'splain like messy piles across the forest floor, they reminded him in their sporadic mannerisms of a pair of siblings cavorting like fools together. It should not have distracted him so. Yet, the boy was indeed hungry, and his drifting attention homed in on the plump offering. He heard it crash through the chiaroscuro of the bleak woods first; then, almost as an afterthought, he looked gradually upon the stranger.

Briefly, he was reminded of Monet. He could not even fathom that name without his heart lurching, twisting, breaking, all anew, like he had just said his fleeting goodbyes again. Perhaps he would never see her again - his beautiful, brilliant sister - but a part of him dreamed, love conquers all.

I do hunger, he finally says, words heavily accented with sorrow, but also with a dull Cajun flair. But I... I am not sure dat your kindness is worth the effort,  bab. He was a stranger. More than that, he was a stranger with unholy tastes.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She cocked her head in confusion. Who was Bab? She cleared her throat softly, wondering if his hunger made him think she was another. "My name's not Bab. It's Liri," she inclined her head to him gracefully as she introduced herself. 

She smiled kindly,"It's always worth it to help someone who needs it." She nudged it towards him once more as she sat. She watched him in case things turned around, although he seemed nice enough now. "You might as well eat it now, I won't offer again." She chuckled lightly, letting him know it was humour.

133 Posts
Ooc —
He finds himself smiling a half-hearted, crooked smile her way. Perhaps the people here are of a different sort? Non, it... it is only a word. To me, it means darling." Although she laughed and looked nonplussed by his slip, the boy wondered if his mind has finally taken leave of his body - perhaps absconded with his tongue. 

Licking his lips through a thin-lined and taut jaw, Renoir nods his head in acceptance of this humble gift. Gradually he slumps towards the hare, as if expecting to be slapped away, and pulls it close. Having been studious in his early years, he remains reproachful, and does not dig in yet.

Is it... normal, this gift giving? I 'ave not seen dis ennywhere before. Gifts were reserved for family, not strange men in the woods. But he begins to pick at the carcass before she responds, taking care to remain proper and tidy, though hunger goads his animal instinct.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She nodded in embarrassment. Had she been human she would be blushing furiously, as it was she looked down shyly as she scuffled the dirt with a paw. "My apologies." Silly her, thinking it was a name. 

She pondered the question. "I wouldn't consider it a gift. Perhaps an act of kindness. You were hungry, I have a pack territory that I can hunt in and caches at my disposal. It is a reasonable thing to do." It was very possible that he could become a pack mate, that he would remember her giving him food was better than remembering her as a snotty bitch who had rebuffed him rather than been kind him. 

"Are you here to join?" If he was not, after he ate he could be on his way. If he was, she could howl for an Alpha to come speak with him, it was not up to her if he were allowed into the pack.

years of love have been forgotten; in the hatred of a minute.
110 Posts
Ooc — Allie
joining code: Love conquers all.
The howl sounded clear and concise, a new arrival at their borders. This one would be her's as Aaron had accepted all of their members thus far. She needed the practice, as well as building her assertment. Many did not think her an Alpha, for her body size and overall frame leaked nothing of tough. But she held a sense of respect around her, that she was to be obeyed or suffer the hand of her male counterpart. Yes, that fitted her just fine. "Liri, who is this?" She asked, eyeing down the male with curiosity. She would be very picky when interviewing this one for they only had space for one more member and she would not waste it on a leech.

She signalled for Liri to introduce her before continuing, but leaned into the Gamma's ear to inform her of their space. "We only have enough room for one more wolf," She explained, giving her a knowing look. They would both have to be picky when admitting the male or not, and she hoped that the stranger would suit their needs and customs.
133 Posts
Ooc —
She is bashful but he remains ignorant; as soon as supple flesh meets his teeth it takes all of the boys focus not to tear the gift asunder. As desirous as Renoir is to fully tuck in, to pull apart the skin like gift wrapping and pop morsels in his mouth as one would a box of fine chocolate, he resists. And it is good he does - for they are soon met with another. This woman earns his attention as soon as she arrives, carrying herself assuredly towards them. The pale woman asks him a question, and though his ear is welcoming of her voice, his mind is drifting. When the new arrival speaks however, he is quick to heed her.

Renoir, he licks the rabbit blood from his lips as he names himself, but then appears to shirk away from the woman's gaze, realizing he had spoken out of turn.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She nodded, letting Amara know she heard her. Only room for one more, perhaps this male would be it. Amma had disappeared it seemed, which had upset her for awhile. She had considered the female a friend. 

She shook her head, "I don't know his name.." She trailed off as he answered with it before cowering, afraid he had spoken out of turn. "It's Renoir, apparently," she commented. "I have not had time to question him nor have I told him of our pack's unique customs." She stepped back, letting Amara do these things as an Alpha.

years of love have been forgotten; in the hatred of a minute.
110 Posts
Ooc — Allie
"Well Renoir, I am Alpha Amara of Rosings," She introduced herself, as not to appear arrogant. But she was not sure the male knew of their customs, as they were quite particular and possibly demanding. "All of our members heed by the code that love can conquers all, and we undergo marriage ceremonies from which pairs will be made up accordingly by me and Alpha Aaron. Some other may not agree to this custom, but arranged mates ensure the best possible outcome and ensures survival," She explained, although it was a lot to process. It would have to be made clear to the male of he were to join that such pairing  could not be avoided or undermined. 

"Do you have any questions?" If he was unclear if what was asked of him , now was the time to ask before she asked about his capabilities and possible trades. They could not have a defiant and useless wolf in their pack, save for the spot that was most valued by all.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Aaron arrived rather late, but arrived all the same. He took place beside his co-alpha, disappointed that there was a male at his borders. He looked to Amara silently, his tail flicking back at forth before he spoke. "We have no room for males in our pack," he informed the group, clearing his throat loudly. "Only room for a female" he added quickly, making it known to the other two.  

short phone post! I'm sorry we're full of males ): we do a 6/6 even number of males and females to keep the pairs even.
133 Posts
Ooc —
Fearing briefly that he had caused some upset, Renoir remained silent as the more dominant woman speaks; or rather, the two of them engage in a swift conversation. It is easy to follow along with - however, as the topic of marriage pops up, Ren feels a mixture of surprise, apprehension, and oddly enough confidence. It is not the first time he has heard of such demands being made.

Before he can sputter any form of response, a male strides up to Amara and his words swiftly veto the discussion. Renoir is left to sort out his next move - and while he had not come here seeking a home, having the option presented to him and just as succinctly removed, causes his already weakened heart to flutter with uncertainty.

This is sad news. Even if their ways were familiar, even welcome, he would have to obey and take himself elsewhere. Oui, I will... Go, rapidment, and bother you no further.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She didn't understand some of the noises that came from his mouth but she understood the gist of what he was saying. He would leave peacefully it seemed, she backed away some. She stayed in case anything became violent but she doubted the loner would try anything against three pack wolves. Especially looking at the large frame Aaron possessed.

She made no move to claim the rabbit, letting Renoir keep it. She waited for him to depart, keeping deferentially aside of her Alphas in a show of respect to them.