Wild Berry Meadow Have you come to raise the dead
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Private 
@Malice 

Yet another day of traveling had passed and Osprey, tired from the walking, had settled down in a meadow and with her eyes closed, recollected everything that had happened during this time. She went through the images of the new places she had seen first, sorting and putting them in various compartments of her mind palace. When the smells, sounds and the very feeling of the soul of such places, an entirely new room was created. She smiled, enjoying the exercise and after the furnishing of one such room was finished, she made sure that she remembered the way to get there. Knowing already that this journey would be one of the last ones before she would be able to do it again, she wanted to recall as much details as possible

She would have continued the writing of the imaginary blog, had not the direction of the wind changed and brought the rancid smell of rotting flesh with it. Osprey's eyes opened and she got to her feet, lifting her head to sniff the air and tell the location and, once it was done, she was on the move. What she found lying several feet away from her resting spot was a dead wolf's body. From the looks of the emaciated body and exposed bones here and there it was clear that this fellow had most likely passed away during the winter and lied frozen under the snow for a very long time. Curious, she drew nearer and with her muzzle almost touching the corpse, she examined it carefully.
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Hope it's no problem for you to have this take place after Sage returns to MH, otherwise Malice probably wouldn't have left her territory. :)

A lot had happened the past week. They had lost members, ones that had sworn loyalty had up and left without a word. It angered the queen of the moonlit wolves, yet she would not show it. If she were to get mad at whoever left her, there was a chance that the negative energy would bounce right back at her. Despite her cheery appearance and the smile on her face, she was tired, lonely and broken. Her mate had left her, making her a widow. The den she slept in now was too big for her, making it cold and eerie to sleep in without someone next to her. But despite all this, she kept her sanity. Well, at least she hoped so.

Today was another day that was beginning to look like it would fit into her boring routine, but the daughter of Lucifer refused. She didn't want to aimlessly wander over the borders all day and night till the sky turned lilac. Not today. So, as soon as the stars disappeared and the birds began singing their song, she stepped over the border of Moonlit Hills. She had been in this direction before, clearly remembering her talk with Nemesis, and had liked the look around here. It was so different from the quiet, eerie woods that she called home, so bright and warm. After just a few minutes, the sweet smell of berries hit her in the face just like a few days back. She sighed softly, her insanity showing by just a small chuckle. She looked around, not even thinking about that there might be others around, and started trotting happily. 

Her careless actions soon stopped and she froze, staring at a gray silhouette in the distance. then, a smell of rotting flesh mixed with the sweet smell of berries blew by, making her nose wrinkle. Her pale, yellow eyes stared at the other, hoping that the wolf hadn't seen her. What if it was a killer, returning to this place to look at it's victory once again. Somewhere in her head a voice screamed to run, but her legs refused. Her insanity had control of her body now, and there was no place for the once friendly Malice. So with that, her legs started moving towards the stranger, a confused and curious glint in her piercing orbs.

Hey! What is that aaawful smell? She asked as casually as she could, her voice wicked, clearly not totally sane.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Before Osprey had even begun to feel sorry for the poor soul that had perished during the winter, she had a company. The she-wolf notice the approaching stranger early enough to step away from the corpse and have a good head start in running, in case this meeting would be heading down the road of disaster. You never knew with the random people you happened to cross paths with. In most cases they were either hungry or territorial and, since she had caught a scent of another claimed area nearby, it wouldn't be a surprise, if this wolf happened to be both. 

As it came close enough to be seen and evaluated properly, Osprey took another step back for the sake of safety. The charcoal she-wolf was larger and obviously stronger than her and the way she had posed the question, made the elder feel a little uneasy. Of course the fact that the other one might be a bit off was not written accross the girl's facial features, but experience and instinct told her to be careful. "Have a look yourself," she beckoned to the corpse, playing it cool. "Is it one of your kin?"
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
How the other acted was expected. Malice would've done the same if it were her that would be randomly spoken to by a stranger. It seemed like she approached more strangers than strangers approached her though, which was a little weird. Maybe she had to be more on her toes from this point on, as most of the wolves on these lands carried secrets or were simply unsocial.

The stranger spoke, a calm tone that sort of invited Malice to come closer. And so she did, approaching a stranger further without even thinking of what could happen. But if something happened, she could easily overpower the smaller female. Or so she hoped. She kept a fair distance between them, inspecting the rotted corpse of an unrecognizable wolf. The smell was making her dizzy as it reminded her of the day she had killed her own mother. This couldn't be one of her wolves who she considered family now, it looked way too old for that. If it was one of her blood family, she didn't care. They could all rot in hell anyway.

How can I tell? I doubt a family member of this wolf could even recognize the body in this state. She said, shrugging and turning her muzzle away from the horrible sight, facing the gray stranger. Suddenly, she felt a stinging feeling in her heart. What if this wolf was Avalon? Heck, it didn't matter who it was, it was disrespectful to just leave it here.

You think we should bury it so it's soul can rest? She murmured, uneasy with asking such a question to a random stranger. If the female didn't want to, it didn't really matter. Malice was going to bury this body, with or without company.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Good news for you then," Osprey retorted, when the other denied knowing the dead body. It was true - in the current state even it's mother would not be able to tell, whether it was her child or not. While listening to the stranger suggesting to burry this unfortunate fellow in order to let it's soul rest, she regarded it with mild curiosity bordering boredom. As far as she could tell - the precious bird had long left it's trap and did not care for it either. So - why bother?

"Or we can eat it," she looked up, trying to catch the other's gaze, and smiled vicously. "Or let someone else do the job. Frankly speaking, I don't see, why should we even attempt to burry it. Most likely tomorrow, someone else will have it pulled out and finished it. Waste of time and effort, in my opinion," had it been someone she knew... she would do it out of respect. But this was a stranger, who had happened to be unlucky to die alone during winter.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice didn't know how to act in front of this woman. She was cold on another level. It wasn't good news for anybody to know someone had died, unless it was an enemy. And who knew, maybe this wolf had been good it's whole life. Or maybe she was just overthinking this all. Her ways were that of Satan back in the days, and as much as she liked to deny it, she still worshiped him. Profiting off the deceased was just another part of surviving, she told herself.

Their eyes met as soon as Malice's pale yellow orbs left the body, but it wasn't a challenge, She could tell. The words the stranger spoke were that of a survivor. The queen's belly had been rumbling this morning, and she had participated in cannibalism before, so why not know. Perhaps you're right. She spoke, a soft tone for her bombarding nature.  Alright then, we'll do it your way. Don't believe I know your name though, gray wanderer. Care to tell me before we have our meal?

Meep, don't know what to do with Malice's persona at all. Marie.exe has stopped working, please stand by XD
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"I am always right," Osprey said quietly, not looking at the black she-wolf, having her gaze fixed on the corpse. She didn't see cannibalism as something that violated moral principles, rather a mean of survival, where there was no other choice. And - yes - she had feasted on other canids too - foxes, coyotes - name a few. Especially, if they trespassed the pack territories and she had had bad day in hunting other game. Eating her own kind - yes - comrades that had already fallen either because of sickness or famine. If there was a choice between saving your own life by eating the shell that the user had no use of anymore and dying - then you know, what her answer would be. 

"Let's say I am The Fate itself," she said, choosing one of the hind legs that still had some meat of tolerable quality and pulling it in her direction. A quick, stern glance at the stranger made it clear that this bit was claimed and that she should better not challenge her for it.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
A part of her wanted to say; stuck up bitch, but she knew not to use foul language toward a stranger. Besides, she was sure the other didn't mean it. Otherwise she'd be more full of herself than both Malice and Nemesis combined. Oh who was she kidding, no one could top Nemesis. But this wasn't the time nor place to think about that, a meal awaited them.

Her question was answered, just not fully. Alright, she'll play along then. From now on, she would refer to this wolf as Fate. It actually sounded kind of nice, even though it made her wonder how full of itself she was. Malice believed in Fate, did that mean she believed this female too? Not really, but who cared. Malice carried on, as her name wasn't asked for, and picked a spot at the opposite side of the body. She was going for it's chest and shoulder, eating slowly and gracefully, making sure there was enough left for the other. They were sharing after all, and the other had more right over the meat because she had found it first, she thought.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
They ate in silence and though Osprey was usually more curious about the new people she came accross, now she was quite glad that she did not have to continue the conversation. It had been awkward already. 

The meat came off the bones easily and she ate it bit by bit, not even feeling remotely guilty and remorseful for feeding on her own kind. The taste, of course, was nowhere as good as that of a freshly caught hare's or the opened carcass of a deer, the gut and other organs still holding the warmth of once alive body. But in the wilds, alone, you had to take, what was given. And with this thought she ate more greedily, tearing larger chunks off and swallowing big pieces of fur. 

She stopped only briefly, when a sudden wave of nausea hit her and she lowered her head, as if about to vomit, but it did not happen. She snorted and retreated from the corpse, saying: "I believe I have had enough."
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Fade with your post? This was delightful :)

Malice, not like the other, felt guilty for feeding off her own sort again. It was simply because of lust that she had did it by her own mother, but this time she had no grudges toward the stranger she was tearing apart. But alas, it wouldn't do any good to just leave it here anyway. As Malice gently ripped pieces of flesh and fur off the lifeless body, she decided that she wanted to be buried when her time was to come. Yes, she was still young now, but every life was to end. Even the greatest leaders were destined to die. Everyone was. But the thought of her rotting body getting eaten by complete strangers was discomforting, to say the least.

Her stuck-up companion seemed to be done, and Malice was quite full now too. It wasn't the best meal she had ever had, but it was food. That's all that mattered. Very well. She said, licking her muzzle to clean herself up. Then I believe this is where our paths split, Fate. She said, giving a last smile to the stranger. 

She turned to walk back to Phantom Hollow, but waited for a possible response from Fate. As soon as she would, or would not in under around 10 seconds, she would begin trotting back home. It was a delight meeting you! She called out as a last farewell.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: deadly delightful! Thanks! :)

"One's path never splits with fate," Osprey returned just for the sake of sounding annoyingly smart and complicated. It had been a while, since she had messed with someone and this was very satisfying experience no matter, how sick the intentions were.  "It's there with you all along," she got to her feet, stretching and all the while feeling that the nausea was still there and it would not be too graceful, if she threw up all of the rotten meat, while the stranger was still looking. She had an image to keep up after all. 

"Pleasure's all mine," she called after the retreating wolf and once she was sure that the other was quite far away to suddenly decide to turn around and return, she began retching and soon after she had the opportunity to look her lunch in the "eye" again. "Oh, well..." she sighed, sitting down again, pondering, whether she should eat it all up again or leave it here.