Blackfoot Forest and she told me all about it."
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
AW <3 looking for a spar! in the pack or outside, since this takes place along the eastern border. (: aaron's bulkin up for amara since his beta's are gone and he's a lil worried.

The man patrolled as he did every other day-- but with an obsession now. He could not contain his need to walk the borders, and it seemed he'd even worn down the grass in some spots. It did not matter, it only further illustrated the fact that there was indeed a pack here. With his ears and head raised, his tail high, and his posture stiff, Aaron paused. He stared out of the fox-infested woods and into the open field just outside the territory. He saw no one immediately, but was on high alert. He turned and continued along, occasionally wishing for someone to keep him company. Amara was busy, he thought, much better things to do than patrol-- but he had not seem his trusted @Liri in a while, and wondered what she was up to.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
speak of the devil and she shall appear

Liri had not been blind-nose blind?- to the happenings of her pack. Faramir and Maja who had mated shortly after her had disappeared somewhere, she knew not of where, and their scents had become vague about the territory.

The lack of wolves within Rosings made her patrol more often, picking it instead of hunting and/or gathering and drying herbs for winter. Liri didn't want anyone to think the pack was weak for the lack of the Betas, Maja having risen to Beta when mating Faramir. 

She came across Aaron whilst out patrolling, barking softly at him in greeting as she came up beside him. "Hello, Aaron."
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
"Liri," the man greeted as the girl appeared. "I was just thinking of you," he said, his tail wagging. "Come," he then told her, sitting, "Join me, we have not spoken in a while,"

He waited for the girl to sit with him, his ears perked and his head high as always. He studied her expressions, her white face darkened slightly by the lack of light in the forest. "How is Samuel?" he asked her once she'd settled. He remembered one of the first talks he had with her, and how he'd easily discovered a piece of her past. She had been abused-- he could tell-- and he wanted to be certain she was handling her current situation well.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
He needn't have worried for her, despite the large size gap between her and Samuel and consequently the strength gap-he would never hurt her. For all his massive size he was a gentle type. He was her best friend, the closest she ever had. 

His question brought a shy smile to her face as she looked away. "You picked well. He's a good man,"she assured her Alpha. Her tail wagged a bit as she thought about her mate-she had romantic feelings for him and knew it wouldn't be far off that she would fall in love with him.

"How is Amara?" Liri knew the Alphas were not married, but she could see the way Aaron talked about her. The male was in love. It was only a question as to whether Amara returned such affections.

338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Aaron nods, pleased to hear that Samuel is exactly the whole he thought he was. "That's wonderful," he replies, giving her a gentle nudge from his nose. "He and Faramir are wonderful males-- I am blessed to have them in my pack," he adds, smiling fondly at the thought of his little family. She then asks about Amara, and the man's smile broadens. 

"She's warmed up to me," he tells her, but leaves it at that. His tail thumps gently against the ground, and he reminds himself of plans he made.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
"That's good to hear,"Liri smiled politely. She had immensely enjoyed living here and had brightened much from the docile, trembling girl she was upon arriving on Aaron's borders. She had him and her new family to thank for that. 

"What are you doing anyways, you don't seem to be patrolling...?" Patrolling generally involved following the border and checking it for breaks but Aaron was just sitting. It was logical to assume he had another plan.

338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
"It appears nothing," the man replied with a smile, shrugging. "I should be patrolling, or at least training. But I actually quite enjoy talking to you," he told her. He'd been rather antsy moments ago, but Liri was a kind soul and always so sweet-- she had a strange feel about her that made him calmer. He wished Amara would give him that sensation, he always felt so jumpy and needy when she was near. 
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Her 'happy smile' came into play upon hearing his compliment, a wide grin that caused the tip of one canine to poke between her lips. 

"Well, perhaps we can find something to do. We could spar? I haven't done that in awhile and it wouldn't do to be getting rusty with Faramir and Maja gone,"she offered, tail waving hopefully.

338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
"Yes!" the man answers quickly, his tail waving as he stood. "I would love that-- I have not yet seen your fighting skills yet anyway," he adds, smiling kindly to her. He bends to stretch, shifting weight from his back to front in turn as he prepares himself for their friendly battle. 

"You first," he offers. It is a kind thing-- sure-- but Aaron's biggest advantage is defense, and therefore if he had made the first move he would have been at a disadvantage.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri rolled her shoulders, hearing a few slight popping noises as she stretched her body. Her tail gave a few short wags before she forced it to still, lowering her body into a defensive position.

Fighting was not her best talent, she was better at hunting. The slender woman was fast though and though smaller that might give her an advantage. 

She circled him for a moment, chocolate eyes scanning him for any kind of weakness. Feigning as if she were going to aim for his chest, Liri turned quickly on her paws and aimed to ram his shoulder with her own.

338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
i'm sorry i'm terrible ):

The man should have fallen for the chest trick, but he knew of it. He did not, however, know where she was aiming, and misjudged her attacks aim. While he attempted to dodge from one side, she collided at the other. The man was larger and not easily knocked down by such a small female, but she caught him heavily off gaurd and he stumbled slightly to the side. He let out a playful growl and lunged for her scruff as it was not too far off now.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri knew her past made her a liability in a fight, Remo had always grabbed her scruff when attacking her which led her to attack any who reached for it. It was likely someone would go to grab it in a fight and she would either attack them or freeze. 

Seeing Aaron aim for her scruff, she hunched her shoulders up and growled lowly. It was a warning to stay away from that sensitive area, turning her body so instead he grabbed the fur of her shoulder. 

Once she was no longer on the verge of attacking him, Liri batted at one of his legs with a paw with the intent of tripping him off of her.

338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Caught off guard, Aaron twists away from her completely, stumbling over outstretched legs and falling to the dirt U gracefully. He pants heavily and stands slowly, looking to the girl with a concerned gaze. 

"I apologize, my dear Liri-- I realize that you did not like that-- but you must know that strangers will not abide by that discomfort," he tells her firmly, his ears cupping forward gently. 
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri nodded, wondering if they were done now. "I'm aware. I'm not a Mercenary Aaron, I'm a healer." Liri pointed out, knowing that fighting wasn't her strongest suit -- not until she got over her adversion to touch -- and a bit embarrassed. Liri glanced at him hopefully, wanting to escape already from the spar. "If we're done sparring, could I go patrol?" 
trying to wrap this up since its been open since April 18

338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
sure! last post from me.

He sighs, but dips his head. "Very well, thank you Liri," he says, shaking out his coat. After she departs, he himself leaves to find food to bring to Amara-- as usual.