Blackfoot Forest Learn to love
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
Love conquers all
Minna nosed at the tiny buds, overjoyed at this tiny signs of life. These forest were devestated and barren, but hope grew in tiny spurts of green like these. She chuffed happily, delicately sniffing the tiny buds. Feeling a new sense of hope, Minna continued throught the forest, angling toward the border but in no rush, eye's searching for any other signs of life but finding almost none. "Oh well. It was a start" she thought to herself. 

She loved spring, in normal circumstances- she sincerley hoped that the beautiful flowers and shoots would return quickly. She hummed a little ditty to herself, revelling in the morning's sunshine.Soon she came to the border, and feel excited and nervous all at once, she howled for the alpha of this pack- hopefully they would be friendly. She shook her coat, quickly smoothing and grooming it in a burst of nervous energy. She struggled to sit still, eagerly waiting.

Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
As she often was, especially with Faramir stepping down as Beta and Maja also seeming to dissapear, Liri patrolled the barren territory with vigor. Depsite the drop in her weight, much muscle mass being lost to the leeway of skin and bones, Liri forced herself to keep trecking. 

There was a new scent on the wind, one of an unfamiliar female from an unknown place. The white woman had become more cautious of strangers after so many had joined and then vanished, even more so of letting them into her heart as friends. 

The woman she approached was the strangest colored wolf she had ever seen- but not ugly in the slightest. The sweet natured wolf marveled silently at the woman's coat coloring- a marbled red and white pelt. She approached the stranger with a neutral stance, if this woman showed signs of disrespect or aggression she could always force her rank. 

"I am Liri, who are you?" Her words were cautious but curious, meant as an intro for the woman to introduce herself and not meant to be malicious at all.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

years of love have been forgotten; in the hatred of a minute.
110 Posts
Ooc — Allie
Each day, the state of her home increased her worry. But it was not the barren trees that worried her, it would always grow back, it was the fact that they were almost to extinction. How it had come to be that way, she had no clue. Sure, the devesation had impacted them all but there had been no reason to loose more than half of their pack. Only Hosannah seemlingly had a reason. After Gotham's death, Amara could not blame the female for not wanting to stick around. Although, she often pondered why she had departed without a word, especially after she had led them to believe she was still supporting the pack. Nevertheless, Amara tried not to let it impact her. Their numbers would increase, she at least had hope.

But for now, she would try her hand at hunting. While she was a formiable tracker, she was not so skilled at the braun. Yet, it seemed unfair that Aaron took up the responsibility for feeding them while she could at least make an effort. She would only travel just outside the territory, and no further to avoid the conflict that seemed to conjure out of thin air, outside the confines of her home. But, the call of another made her more intrigued than possibliy failing a hunt. She loped, almost unheard for her size did not come with much weight. While it seemed a disadvantage, it was her forte. She need not be intimidating, when she had sly skill on her side. 

The small woman greeted the female at the border with a nod of her head, but her stature and scent reeked of power. "What do you seek?" Her tone came kind but firm, a regal poweress that hid the heart of gold underneath. Times had changed her. She had become much more hard headed than before, when she had not a care in the world. Now, she had responsibility and a duty to maintain. That kind of pressure did anything but make her soft. Especially when the threat came not from the outside but within her own borders.
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
The white shadow approached, and Minna tried to put on her best "Respectful and sicere" look. As the wolf approached, Minna discerened that is was a female, especially after her her voice as she introduced herself and asked for Minna's name. "Hello, Liri!" she said. Was that too enthusiastc? Maybe it was. Maybe she came of as needy, or nervous, or crazy. "It's nothing, you're simply nervous"  she reassured herself. Still she had never before asked entrance into a pack and was unsure of the protocal. Suddenly, another female appeared, this one appeared dominant and and had the confident stride of an alpha. "Greetings, ma'am" she said, bowing her head.

"My name is Minna. Ich suche-" She hesitated, and dipped her head slightly in embaressment. "I mean, I am looking for a pack. Are you the alpha?" Should she be more submissive? Was she showing the proper respect? Did she seem nervous at all? Nervous energy caused her to bounce up and down in her paws for a few seconds, before stopping herself. "I'm messing this all up!" she thought to herself worriedly.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri let out a small chuckle seeing Minna's nervous tendencies which were so like her own. The trembling of her body have away the nerves as it had many times for Liri, though the word vomit was not something the arctic wolf had ever experienced.

Liri dipped her head in respect as Amara, the Alpha female and a friend, appeared. As Minna stumbled over her words, even a strange language that made Liri perk her ears in curiosity, the small arctic wolf smiled as she had decided she liked Minna. They could use more wolves, it meant more food even if it meant more mouths to take up that food. 

Five pack wolves couldn't defend Rosings on their own, especially if another pack that was faring better attacked. Even if they were in poor condition, if they had more numbers Rosings was doomed. Liri hoped Minna was accepted-for all their sakes.

110 Posts
Ooc — Allie
Amara smiled to Liri, but soon returned her attention to the female ahead. This was good, this was very good. The female was shaky, nervous even but it didn't matter. This was a potential recruit. While she tried not to show it, she was very excited. She would not explain their principles yet, mainly because she did not want to deter the female from settling in their pack. Besides, there were not enough males to contiune the marriages now. Instead, she skipped to the point. "Do not be worried, I only have two questions," She wanted to keep it simple, and she hardly asked much. Of course, each wolf had to prove their worth when admitted, but right now she liked to give them the benefit of the doubt that they would work well and kindly.

"Do you happen to be a cannibal?" They did not do that here. While outside the pack they did what they needed to do to survive, Rosings was not accepting of that practice. The female did not look the part, but she needed to make sure. "And, what will you contribute to our pack?" While Rosings was open to oportunity, they looked for wolves that were capable on their own. However, she was more inclined to accept the female rather than decline, they needed the numbers and Liri could agree.
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
The alpha's kind words stopped most of Minna's nervousness from overwhelming her. She smiled, pleased that the pack she had stumbled upon was not a tribe of creepy phyco maniacs. But the Alpha's next question gave her pause. A cannibal? She blinked, in shock and a little bit of worry? Had she stumbled upon a pack of cheery cannibals? She answered quickly "No. never!" she yipped. "I mean, no, ma'am, I would never contemplate such a thing."

Her next question seemed a little more normal. "Well, ma'am, I am an self-taught healer and tracker, and I bring my loyalty and claws." While it was rare that she fought, she would be willing to do so for a pack that accepted her. She dipped her head in submission to the alpha, nervously awaiting her verdict. Would be she sent away, accepted, or...eaten?
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri glanced at Amara out of the corner of her eye, wondering if she had missed something. She supposed anything could happen in a famine, it was a valid question. Liri was sickened by the thought of eating one of her comrades, even eating a stranger seemed horrendous.

At the mention of healing, her chocolatey eyes brightened considerably with interest. She had been meaning to earn her Caregiver trade but with the famine it had gotten pushed to the side. Perhaps if Minna joined Liri could pick it back up again.

110 Posts
Ooc — Allie
Amara was please to hear that the female was infact, not a cannibal. It was reassuring. The female was respectful, and kind, maybe just a little bit timid but so was Amara. "Good. You may call me Amara," There was nothing left to say, she liked the female, and seen no red flags nor a reason to be cautious from what she seen. Besides, all new wolves would be watched for a few days to see if they were contributing.

"Heavens! What is your name?" 

She had completely forgot to ask. This was a talented girl, if what she calimed was true. Perhaps Amara would take her with to scout and replant. They would be lucky to have her. She gave an excited smile to Liri, indicating her will to accept the female. Liri and the girl would get along, she was sure. "Come with me, I will explain how we work on the way," She turned on her heel, indicating for the female to follow her. She also invited Liri to come too, if she wished. So, maybe there was a silverlining to their demise.
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Screeches in excitment
"Minna, ma'am. Minna Amsel"
Right now, Minna was walking on clouds. Any tension hanging over the scene broke as the serene alpha offered a smile to both Liri and Minna, and the marbled wolf felt excitment coarse through her viens. She was now, once again, a pack wolf. She wanted to ran straight into the territory, burn off the nervous energy and excitment, but restrained herself. 
So pumped up she was, she almost missed the alpha's words. Luckily, she caught the tail end of the sentence, and when the she-wolf turned on her heel, Minna followed at a comfortable distance. Her amber eyes sparkled with excitment, the day felt shiny and new.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri's tail wagged in excitement, though she was still cautious about completely trusting Minna. What was to say she wouldn't just vanish like the others?

With a bright smile, she rubbed against the woman to rub some scent on her. Others would now know Minna was a part of the pack, part of the family.

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Slight PP/ skip post permission granted

Minna was overjoyed. She had a pack, a family. As Amara explained the pack's ways, Minna's mind wandered slightly. She would prove her worth to this pack, she would repay them for their kindness. The information about the pairings perked Minna's interest, she was excited for when she would find her mate in this manner. All in all, it was a good day.