Blackfoot Forest Climbing on a wire
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Overjoyed at being accepted into her new pack, after a night's rest Minna made it her first order of business to scout out any herbs she could find in the ravaged forest. She nosed through dead insects and dirt every time she time across a spurt of green, but often it was simply a few blades of grass or leaves from gnarled undergrowth, slowly return. After an hour of search, however, Minna struck gold. She nosed the base of a shoot, inhaling deeply and recognizing the scent of chamomile. She nudged the plant tenderly, recalling the various uses of the little herb. Used to treat shock, nervous breakdowns, and sometimes good for sore throats. She glanced around for landmarks she might recognize, she she may leter return and check up on the little plant.
@Liri
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
if you want to use the OOC header it's [0oc] your text [/0oc] (except use os instead of 0s) :)

Hearing the call, Liri smiled and began to make her way across the territory to speak with Minna. The arctic wolf hoped to make a friend, one that would stick around longer than a month, but was careful not to get her hopes up too high.

Liri greeted Minna with a soft chuffing noise, smiling kindly at their newest member. She didn't bother with forcing submission, she never did unless someone annoyed her enough to show her dominance. 

The smell of chamomile was strong, the first plant she had seen in weeks. Liri's eyes lit up with eagerness as she approached Minna, hoping to discuss herbs with her new colleague.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
A soft chuff caused Minna to turn on her heel, and with pleasant surprise saw Liri. To her she offered a smile, and nodded in to direction of the chamomile. "Isn't it nice to see some new growth?" She murmured by way of greeting. "And such an important herb, too."

She glanced back up the the pale female. "Are you at all interested in herbs, Liri?" She asked curiously. She wondered what interested this female. Herbs fascinated her- the odd properties of a harmless plant that could help, heal or kill. She wondered often about them, and how they worked.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
"As a matter of fact, I am. I hope to become a Caregiver someday." Liri smiled brightly, excited about finally continuing her progress towards her trade. If Minna wanted to discuss plants with her of course.

"Do you know of many herbs?" The petite woman sat, ready to listen whole heartedly to anything the woman was willing to pass on to her.

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Minna sat opposite of Liri, sweeping her tail over her paws as she settled down. "I do know about quite a few herbs. I've been a wanderer for months now, and along they way met a few friends with interesting tales and knowledge. I learned most of what I know of herbs from a close friend, his name was-" she stopped, and a flicker of pain crossed her features. "Anyway, I could tell you about them, if you would like."
Gesturing at the herb beside her she said "This is chamomile. It is best known for its ability to calm shock and nervousness, but I found it can also help a sore throat."
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri watched with concern as Minna stumbled over her words, pain flitting across her features. She lost someone. Or they hurt her, I'm not sure. Liri didn't press, knowing better than to pry and besides-she had her own skeletons in the closet.

"I'm familiar with chamomile, though I've only used it to relieve stress." The small she wolf stored the information away in her brain for later, listening with rapt attention as Minna spoke.

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Minna noticed as Liri gave her her full attention. She was pleased to find something that they were both interested in. She decided to tell her about the other herbs she had come across in the skeletal woods, perhaps she could help nurse them back to health with Minna. "I've spent the morning searching the forest for herbs, my plan is to get them growing again." she thought of something, and her eyes brightened. "Have you ever heard of nettle seeds and borage leaves? I found some growing fairly close together by a stream- I don't know it's name- and am hoping to collect a little bit of each tomorrow."

If Liri didn't know, Minna would gladly oblidge her. Perhaps they could walk together after their talk, if Liri was interested in finding herbs with her.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
"I know of nettles, they grew in my natal pack but borage is newer to me. Perhaps I could accompany you to the river? I would be willing to help you pick it." Liri offered her services with a bright smile, tail thumping eagerly as she hoped Minna would say yes.

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Minna chuffed in agreement. "That would be wonderful, Liri! I would love an extra muzzle to help me. We could go to the stream, then head to my den and I could show you a couple other herbs I've collected?" Minna was happy that she seemed to have made a friend already, especially one interested in the same things as she was. She spun on her heel, delicatlely plucked some chamomile, then motioned for Liri to follow her to the river.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri only nodded exciteably to all of Minna's suggestions, getting to her feet as her tail wagged a mile a minute. She might have offered to show Minna her own stored herbs if she still had any. The edible ones had long ago been rationed out to eat, even if most wolves didn't like plant food. The nonedibles had been used on injuries and now were gone.

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Minna begun to walk, happy at Liri's enthusiasm. Admittedly, herb knowledge was useful and she like to have a small supply in case of emergencies, but she did not care to pursue the knowledge much further. She was quite happy with what she knew, deeming it enough to keep her and others alive should an emergency occur. As she walked, she chatted idly with Liri about various herbs; soon they came to the river. Minna motioned toward the borage leaves first. "Borage is a herb used to treat fevers. It can also be used to...umm, what was it..." Minna hesitated, mind turning back to the things he had told her. But the thought of him brought on an ache in her chest, so she quickly returned the Liri. "...bring up a mothers milk supply! Yes, that was it."
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri nodded, examining the plant closely before beginning to pick some as well. She memorized Minna's words, storing away the information for later use. 

Liri moved onto the nettles soon enough, the plants were few and far between but it was plant life. It brought a bloom of hope to Liri to see plants beginning to return.

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Gathering herbs beside her friend, Minna delicately chose a few of the nettles. They worked in silence for a few moments, before Minna, mouth full with herbs, motioned to her den. She spun on her heel and sat off, arriving at the den a few moments later. She carefully deposited the precious cargo inside, making sure they were saftely out of the way. She thanked Liri for her help with a warm smile, tail wagging. 
Should we fade here?
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
yeah I'll archive, thanks for the thread!

Liri carried the herbs back to Minna's den before departing, determined to go find some good for her and Sam.