Broken Antler Fen The Huntsman Has No Prey
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Embry's approach of thanks wasn't really what she was expecting, but she couln't assume much from him just yet. She barely knew him, but here he was saying that he wanted to be like her. Pearl blinked a bit, almost confused, as what she did she considered a normal thing for a leader to do. Perhaps she simply had been around good leaders all her life, and had followed a mixture of examples. To say she was surprised was an understatement. "Um, thanks," she said, not completely sure of how to respond. What else was she supposed to say? Some wise-leader-I-accept-you-guru-crap? Let's give it a whirl. "You've also shown your willingness to fight for the pack and defend it, and for that I thank you." Smooth. Like butter.

"I'm doing fairly well, the cut's not too bad," she said, looking back at it. She'd have Sebastian take another look at it soon. "How have you been faring since the hunt?" she asked, genuinely interested in the well-being of her packmates. Pearl had a hard time getting used to being above everyone, and was occasionally caught off gaurd by their submissiveness. 

Also, their willingness to give her food handouts. Was she that good? I mean, if other leaders were in control then they might have to give it up anyway, but here she was, her wolves readily giving her thier hard-earned catches. That was tough, since the situation was normally reversed. Needless to say, handouts to her weren't her thing. She'd rather work for her own meal, and even then probably give it to the ones who needed it most. She smlled at Embry's generosity. "You caught it, you should eat at least some of it. Top or bottom half?" she asked, intending to take part of it to Sebastian, who wasn't looking too hot as of late.
Messages In This Thread
The Huntsman Has No Prey - by Embry - June 03, 2016, 04:41 PM
RE: The Huntsman Has No Prey - by Pearl - June 06, 2016, 01:01 PM
RE: The Huntsman Has No Prey - by Embry - June 06, 2016, 08:22 PM
RE: The Huntsman Has No Prey - by Pearl - June 08, 2016, 09:44 AM
RE: The Huntsman Has No Prey - by Embry - June 18, 2016, 09:33 PM
RE: The Huntsman Has No Prey - by Pearl - June 28, 2016, 03:04 PM