Blackfoot Forest run
years of love have been forgotten; in the hatred of a minute.
110 Posts
Ooc — Allie
Private 

she had run.

faster, faster than she had before. there had been no question of it, this time it was her own body that betrayed her. her scent, and the danger it brought to herself. there was no telling what kind of alpha had taken up the throne, and what disaster he would bring upon them. there was also no telling what he would do to her if he caught her alluring scent. a tear escaped her eye, the exauhstion of fleeing and malnourishment taking the toll on her, at the worst of times. with a sob, she fell, laying on the forest floor with defeat.

how could she let this happen? if it was not for her, aaron would never have left, never encountered the stranger, never have endangered himself or the pack. yet, she needed to be strong. she could not waste away now. not when so many depended on her. picking herself up, she loped a steady speed, to a place where her scent could not be caught.
winter ghost
330 Posts
Ooc — Mary
i knew i forgot to do something... u r an angel for making this thread

The brute had found nothing but hostility from the wolves of Rosings. He was not a man of pleasantries, nor did he do well to soften the blow of having lost their kind leader. His only comrade had come in the form of Pallas Stormthorn. Her rugged and intense presence was monumental in his state of being. The pale female allowed him to breathe in the forest he had claimed. There was a part of him that longed for the wandering. He did miss the shore and the companionship of the inky and savage form of Caiaphas. Times were difficult, though, and he knew he could not survive on his own. His taking of the pack had been out of necessity. 

As the ghost plodded through the wood, his nares spread to the scent of a woman. Her body reeked of a natural need and he could not seem to shake the aroma from his glands. With furrowed brows and a ruffled pelt, the great savage beast moved to follow the female through the tangle of trees and brush. His tail held aloft, the man caught sight of her retreating form in just the nick of time. Long limbs carried him swiftly in pursuit and when the distance on them had closed, his golden gaze settled on her. She was in dismay. But her rank surprised him. Lifting his crown, the ghost breathed heavily through his nostrils and frowned. 

"What is it that eats at you?" his gruff voice struck the air with some strength and he narrowed his brows further on his skull. 
old enough to know i'll end up dying, not young enough to forget again
110 Posts
Ooc — Allie
aha lol, it's no big deal! <3
her pace had just but slowed when she was met by the voice of the very being she had been running from. his rugged voice, it sent a chill down her spine. she did not know him, but she only assumed he would be less than kind to her, heeding Aaron's warning. she had fought all her life to not judge those she did not know, even preaching the very message to her husband. yet, the man before her.. she could not help to hate. he was a monster, to her very limited knowledge. yet when she met his face, well, she was surprised. he was rather.. handsome. not in the way that was boastful like Aaron but strong, and otherwise less inclined to take note of his own features. she felt a small pull, he was indeed strong. he had taken the pack whole with but a few moves, and while she empathized with Aaron, she knew that this male had won purely by being talented. was that not admirable? who could truly blame her. her eyes met his fire filled ones, momentarily, before pulling away. this was the enemy. 

"i.. y-yes," she was intimidated. her body and mind betrayed her, fighting a war against her toung as she attempted to form an coherent answer. she was an alpha, the same as him. she would not be gentle, she was not frail. she was an alpha and he would respect her. she stepped forward, closing distance between them to make her point clear. "you. as long as I am alpha here.. you shall not be the king," her voice wavered only once, but it hardened all the same. this intruder, however good looking he was, would not simply burst upon her home and take it as his. it was hers, and she would share it with those of her choosing.
winter ghost
330 Posts
Ooc — Mary
When the words fell from her mouth, the brute threw his ears forward and his lips curled into a ghastly smile. He dropped his muzzle so that it pointed to the earth and shook his skull back and forth. No, these wolves were not likely to accept him, but he had anticipated this would happen. That alone had elicited the rumbling chuckle from within his chest. Her attempt to assert herself before him was even more humorous. These creatures did not need to speak their hatred. They need only continue to bristle at his approach. He could taste it on them. 

Looking back up, the ghost locked his gaze with her own. "I do not disrespect you. But you're wrong. I already reign. We share that space," he rumbled, lifting his brows. The words were not malicious. "Don't be foolish." If she should attempt to attack him and remove him from their lands, she would find a different nature in him. The quiet embers in his gaze would turn to a bright and beautiful flame... and it would ravage all that it saw. 
110 Posts
Ooc — Allie
however intriguing he was, he was dangerous, she decided. yet, he seemed to be dangerous only with reason. if they stayed in line, he would be good to them. but if they were not, their lives would take a sharp turn. the small woman did not know how she felt about this. confliction, she was great full yet terrified. but she was surprised by his words, he did respect her, unlike she had been led to believe. and she took his word for it. his tone did not suggest he was merely talking lies to trick her into submission, but the truth, and the warning that came with it. yet, she did not agree. "you only reign if your subjects are willing to follow. they will not follow you, not until they believe you will not run us into the the ground and bury us alive. that is, if you are not planning to do so,"

while she could not tell if the male would believe her, but he would not truly be alpha if they did not respect him. she was unaware of the rebellion in the rise, but if she was, she would tell them to stop. even though the male had one, conquering their alpha in the process, who was to say he meant to do them harm? truly, she had to admit, he did not come off as someone who was unfair, but cruel for the right reasons. perhaps it wasn't such a bad thing to give him a chance, after all, it was truly not in her nature to hate even the worst of characters. she simply couldn't. 

"i am not foolish, but i will not be bullied, understand that," while the male might find her assertive attempts amusing, she meant what she said. because she was small, she had learned to not be swayed by the influences of others. despite her underwhelming size, she could be strong in mind and even though she wished for peace, she would not have it with someone who threatened her family.
winter ghost
330 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The female spoke of loyalties, and Kierkegaard found a strange sense of anger that rose within him at the idea of the wolves rejecting him simply because he was not pleasant and endearing like their previous ruler had been. He was a survivor; a savage and feral beast who had lasted as many years as he had simply because he had been willing to do what others had not. Claiming the rank of Alpha had been a necessary decision; the ghost would have perished in the wasteland of the wilds had he turned away from the opportunity that had presented itself. His figure had already begun to regain strength and life. The pallid wanderer would thrive again, and he would do so with or without the help of the Rosings wolves.

“Your failure would mean my own,” he insisted. “I did not come here on a whim. I came to survive. If I should run this pack into the earth, it would mean my own failure.” There was truth in what he had to say. This woman could accept it or she could cast it aside as falsity. Though he did not understand a logical thought process that consisted of him risking life and limb to claim land only to sink it and then abandon it. They all thought him a brute, and though they were not entirely wrong, they also seemed to think him a foolish man. Were he so doltish, he certainly would not have lasted as long as he had.

The unknown she-wolf then spoke of foolishness and he cocked his ears forward in a surprising snap. The knitting of his brows seemed to soften somewhat, but his dark lips still curved downward in a quiet frown. She had used the term bullied and he found it childish to call it such. The ghost was an opportunist and a survivor… nothing more. “And are you being bullied, girl?” he implored with a single quirked brow and a questioning expression. Was he so frightening and awful that she felt she was being attacked by his mere presence? If so, she had further issues to worry about. He was not the vilest thing in the wood.
110 Posts
Ooc — Allie
his answer suprised her, for she had not considered the pack may be his ambition not his prize by default. aarons words had led her to believe that this man was a savage, taking their home as a selfish victory rather than a responsibility. this was wrong, it seemed, for even if this male was terrifying, he had no intention of bringing them their death.. unprovoked. 

she cast her eyes aside, not sure how to meet his gaze after such a realisation. this made her look foolish, standing up to a bully who was not truly a bully indeed. "no.." her tone deepened, adamant on her thoughts. "--but should your reign evolve in such a way that undermines my authority and others freedom, you will not be met with such an obedient group as you would like," while she did not care for it, she had her pride and would not be sent packing for the benefit and superiority of the alpha male. while this may have been the polar opposite not so long ago, she had grown to relent against those who dare thought they could push her around. she was not a play thing, and would not be treated as such.
winter ghost
330 Posts
Ooc — Mary
If you'd like, we could fade soon and have another... >:3
The wildness inside of him had always been something to be reckoned with. He was not a submissive creature in the slightest, and the brute had seen many things in his time that would never allow such a nature to overcome him. Kierkegaard was not meant to follow in the steps of others. While he had lent his body to a cause, it made him nothing more than a mercenary for those in need. When it had come to it, the ghostly figure was self-serving, and he was capable of obtaining the things he needed in order to survive. The Demonte-Sairensu line was not composed of tragedies; they were creatures of darkness and would endure.

She left him a reminder that – should his reign prove to be unruly and unjust – he would not be welcome in those lands. With a soft nod of his skull, the brute peered at her with careful golden eyes. His expression remained, but he could still scent the need on her body. It drove him mad.

Taking a single step forward, the ghost breathed heavily and lifted his knitted brows so that they sat high over his fiery optics. “You have a need,” he remarked with a stern expression. “Should you need it tended to, you need only find me.” A bold statement from a brute who had stolen the spot of leader from her mate. Kierkegaard cared very little if the wolf Aaron was the one intended to bed this woman. He was a creature of the wild and instinct was a fickle thing.
110 Posts
Ooc — Allie
definatly ;)
following her carefully worded confronation, the small woman had felt the tiniest bit of self pride; putting intimidating the alpha male in his place. he would know now that the way he ruled would mean everything, from the amount of respect he would recieve to the sheer obidence of the pack. yet, his next remark had her lost for words, sputtering quite unattractively at the outrageousness of his suggestion. "e-excuse me?" she gasped, quite baffled and embarrassed; heat rising to her cheeks and set aflame. he had stepped forward, almost entirely closing the distance between them. her breath caught in her throat, obviously affected by his proposal and his scent; masculine.

"y-you can't— how dare you?" she let out, shock still etched her facial features; almost in denial. yet, she could not deny her body's longing, it's enflamed need for the seductive touch of another. her thoughts drifted towards the dire need, and what she could feel if she let herself slip, and how good it would feel. but she could not, she would not think such things. she had aaron, he was still her lover, despite his crippled state. yet, somewhere in the back of her mind screamed a controversal truth. aaron was not as good as the male that stood before her; and he was not in the best state to fufil her needs once more. however, kierkgaard was. it was a truth, a horrible one.

she could not believe what she was thinking, yet her features had noticably relaxed. how was it that her body could betray her mind, when she did not want it to? even her mind was changing, slowly. she stepped back a pace, away from the proximity they were at. she didn't want this, she told herself. yet truly, she was not too sure.
winter ghost
330 Posts
Ooc — Mary
You can close with your next post and I'll get the new one up. <3
The ashen brute had fathered many children in his time. He had a vagabond way about him; traveling here and there without much of a steady home, and so he had come across many who had sought the gruff touch of his limbs and the warmth of his body. Instinct allowed for him to bed with many, and it was no different with this woman… the woman whose name he did not even know. Though she seemed entirely taken aback by his statement, Kierkegaard did not retract it. He simply held her gaze with his own as she stumbled over her next few words and peered at him with an indignant stare. Certainly, it could not have been that upsetting to her, because she had not reacted the way he had imagined she would. There were no lashing teeth or bristled tufts of fur, but he understood that she must have needed to feel composed.

“Don’t act like it’s below you, girl. I did not turn you around and claim you,” he returned with a soft growl and his eyes sparked as they danced across her features. “I simply made an offer. Should you choose to accept it, you will know where to find me.” It was all that he was suggesting. He was capable, and she did not deserve to wallow home to the den where her mate would be quietly cursing his own life and wishing that he had not lost his throne to the brute before her.

Without another word, the soot-spattered man turned from her and disappeared into the deep tangles of the woods. His eyes did not glance back. If she should come to him, he would know what it was that she desired, and he would not have blamed her for her actions.