Silvertip Mountain Could you move your seat up
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
All Welcome 
Zeke is bringing back a rabbit from a previous hunt. Thread where he caught it here!

Ezekiel had made the day's journey from west of Silvertip mountain in search of food. In the process, he'd caught a small rabbit, but managed to injure his paw. With the help of a good samaritan, he would be able to continue on without the threat of it getting infected, however she had warned him to try and stay off of it. He had too much to be doing to worry about staying off of his paw. The rabbit was beginning to become a burden as he walked further into the territory. He longed to eat it himself, but it should go to the pups and their mother, not him. 

The mountainous range sloped through many forests, that in any normal spring would likely be budding and beautiful. If only today he could see such a sight. But he'd come to Teekon to late for that and now he was paying the price. He didn't want to get to close to the middle. He didn't know that many wolves yet and didn't think it appropriate to seek out the pups first hand. He'd howl for another wolf, and hopefully they'd be able to bring the rabbit to the little kids. He let out a short howl, his gruff voice echoing in the forest cemetery around him. He dropped his kill and waited, once again, waiting.
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
*snags all Zeke's threads (roll here)

With success in her fishing trip, Kryptonw as able to snag a good-sized fish. It wasn't king od the pond, but it was not just a small fry. The salmon dangled from her bloodied maw as she made her way over to the pup's den. What stopped her though was the howl of someone familiar. Listening closely, her fluffy ears perked up to hear Zeke. Was he let in by Steady or Mason?

Letting out a hmm, the brutish woman decided to make her way over. With a even-paced trot gracing her long legs, she spotted the light male. His fur almost stuck out in the empty land, if it was winter, he would have better camoflague. Making her way over, she let out a muffled chuff to show she was there. 

Looking to his paws, Krypton saw that he had a fresh kill. Was he going to bring to the children? She approached with a neutral position, her tail curling like when they first met. "Zeeke?" She asked, the fish muffling her mouth. Her tongue slipped and accidently dragged his name on, she decided to set the fish down. "You joined Silvertip?" She asked, her head tilted the slightest.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Yay Kryp!

Ezekiel was beginning to get impatient, and the rabbit was looking more and more like his own meal. Lucky for the brutish boy, a familiar face came along with a kill of her own in her mouth. A small smile appeared on his face when he saw her. She had been the first wolf he met when he arrived in Teekon and she was very nice. She came towards him in a friendly stance, tail curled. His long plush tail swept across the ground, pleased to see Krypton again. She tried to speak with the fish in her mouth but that didn't work. He grinned, finding it rather amusing.

You joined Silvertip? She asked, sounding a bit surprised. Zeke nodded, feeling better about his decision already. Well you know with the famine and all, I thought I might need a famil- I mean pack. To you know help me out. Hot red flushed his cheeks when he spilled the word family. He didn't like saying sentimental things like that. It made him sound like a child. He didn't need family, he'd survived long enough without one. I also thought you were nice and so far I've liked everyone I've met. Your beta, uh uh Steady! Yeah Steady he let me in. Nice guy. He stumbled over the black wolf's name, forgetting it for a moment. As he talked his mind continued to drift back to the kill he'd brought, as well as the one Krypton had.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
His answer made the woman nod her head, though his quick word change made her quirk a brow. Why did he hesitate to say family? Was there something about the word that made him cringe or something? well, whatever it was, it was none of Krypton's concern.

Zeke spoke of liking the beta, Steady. He was a good man, and was a good beta for Silvertip. Krypton saw him as a close friend and almost a mentor, though he is younger than her.

seeing that his words became a bit dazed, Krypton decided it was time to go and give their kills to the kids. "The kids are probably starving, we should go and offer them food" she said, soon looking to the path that led to the den.

looking to Zeke, she gave him an apologetic smile. "Excuse me for saying this, but I will have to make sure you don't get too close. Protocol with the alpha and all" she said, shuffling her paws a bit before picking up her fish.

giving Zeke a "follow me" motion with her muzzle, she soon began to jog towards the den.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Krypton must've picked up on his hunger vibe, because she decided it was time to take the kill back to the pups. He nodded with a relieved sigh. Oh good. He laughed a bit, I can't stand to look at this rabbit one moment longer or I might eat it. He gave her a charming smile before picking up the rabbit to follow her. She paused to look back with an apologetic look and told him about the protocol and everything. He shook his head and replied, Nah don't worry about it, I understand. Rules are rules.

He shook out his storm colored fur when he stood, stretching his legs before padding along behind Krypton. He wanted to talk to her, but didn't know what to say exactly. Besides whatever they said would be muffled with the kill in their mouths. He decided to let her start if they were to talk at all.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
ooc: slight pp that they took it, correct me if that is wrong to do so :)

They made good time to say the least. The pups had just woken up and were starving, though quite relieved to have fresh kills pushed to their paws. Seeing that they were quite happy, Krypton motioned Zeke to follow her again. "Follow me, there's something I want you to see here" she said, hoping to catch his interest. Where she planned on taking him was to the Glass Caves, one of her favorite spots in all of the territory. It would be absolutely stunning since the time was almost perfect for sunlight to reflect off the crystals and quartzs. If he decided to follow her, small talk would actually be made for once between the two of them.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel waited patiently until Krypton returned. She seemed in a cheery mood, which hopefully meant the pups had taken the kill without a fuss. Then Krypton wanted to show him something. Intrigued, Ezekiel stood and gave a brief shake of his fur. He really wanted to go back to his den and sleep, but he was new here, Krypton was nice and he did kind of want to know what it was she wanted to show him. He caught up to her quickly, stepping into place beside her, broad shoulders and all.

Where are we going? He asked, turning his head to give her his attention. He had no idea, but it better be really nice because his expectations were pretty damn high.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
He followed her with no hesitation, though his question made her grin widely. She turned her head to look back at him over her shoulder. "To the Glass Caves, they look really pretty during this time of the day" she said, her voice peachy keen. She was excited to show the new wolves the caves, considering that the rainbows that reflected around were stunning. However, traveling to the caves would take a little longer than expected. Thinking that it was best to just make the situation comfortable, Krypton slowed down and waited for Zeke to join her side.

"So... what exactly made you leave your nuclear family pack?" She asked, wondering why Zeke would even want to join Silvertip in the first place.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
The glass caves. It sounded like the kind of thing that was pretty, but Ezekiel didn't quite care about. Zeke wasn't partial to underground areas, they made him feel tense. What if they collapsed and killed him? He paused in his tracks for a moment, not sure if he wanted to follow, but he quickly shook it off. He didn't want to look like a scaredy cat in front of her, so he sped up when she slowed down. Sounds nice. He said with a smile, with on a bit of a nervous twinge to it.

Then Krypton asked about his old pack. Not a good topic, and Zeke wasn't sure how to explain about his old family. He gave it thought for a second then spoke. My old family was very, strict. They were a military pack, always about fighting and taking over territories and expanding our pack's borders. They were successful too, but they had a lot of bad stuff going on. I didn't like that so I left them. He'd left out the part about him being the pack's main fighter and about how he'd trained his whole life to kill. He'd even been beta of the bluff at one point. But he'd had a second wind and realized he could start his own life. The real reason he'd left was because he'd realized how horrible he had been and not just the pack.

Frantic to change the subject, he changed the question to Krypton. What about you? Were you born here? He doubted it, but it seemed she'd been here for quite some time.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Zeke's explanation made Krypton a bid saddened. A military family who preffered power over everyone rather than ruling together as one; it made the beta almost sick to her stomach. She had nothing against a military, but the actions some did were disgusting to her. She nodded her head to signify she was listening, her curved ears perking up when the male asked her a similar question. She smiled a bit at the memory of her home, but Silver's coat infested her brain like ravenous spiders. "My home isn't too far, maybe a couple days worth traveling. I came from a family pack called Metris Ridge since my grandparents started it," she explained, feeling a bit awkward talking about her relatives. "I left because I was ran out. It was a fight for leadership and I lost to my sister." Krypton deadpanned, feeling her toes almost curl in anger when speaking about the damned wolf. 

She took a deep breath, remembering that she couldn't be angry at something that happened in the past. "But that's okay, it gave me the chance to start off somewhere new and discover Silvertip." Krypton was very lucky to find the mountain pack, for it helped boost her morale and wellbeing, both physically and mentally.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel noticed the small smile on Krypton's face when he returned her question on herself. She probably had better memories about her homeland than he did. His were quite sour. Other than his sister's tough love and brother's bro relationship, he hadn't had many friends back there. His mind flitted back to Captain for a moment. She was his friend, hopefully they'd wet again. His thoughts were interrupted when Kryp began to explain her home, he was interested. Zeke didn't often like doing the talking, which made him quite adept at the whole listening thing.

Her story of her home took a dark curve when she spoke of being ran out. Personally, Zeke would've much rather been ran out then have to leave on account of realizing your moral standards were compromised, but that was just him. He liked to think he had it worse than everyone, but he would pretend like he understood. The female took a breath, bringing it to a happier note. That was a learned skill, Zeke was a pessimist, and once he got started on a sad or frustrating topic he found it harder than most to bounce back.

Same for me. This pack was my first real chance to be my own wolf. Honestly, you're the first real, non complicated, normal friend I've ever had. All my other relationships haven't gone as good. He mumbled quietly towards the end. His tail began to swish behind him as he walked, this was a very calming chat, the the walk was nice, even though the forest itself was bare.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Both of the two brutes had something in common, surprisingly. Both didn't really like home, both left, both discovered Silvertip. Krypton smiled at Zeke's words, feeling honored to be his first friend that wasn't complicated. His worlds became soft and jumbled at the end, though she paid no attention to decipher them. If he wished to cut them off, then he had the right to. "It's my honor to be your first uncomplicated friend then, Zeke." She said genuinely, smiling a bit wider towards him.

Soon enough, their walk had come to an end as the two came close to the entrance of the Glass Caves. Luckily for them, the time of day was just perfect as sunbeams bounced off the quartz and crystals. Rainbows upon rainbows reflected off each nook and cranny of the cave, giving off a mystical, magical feeling and aura. Truly this was one of Krypton's favorite places to go and just relax. A few rainbows made their way outside, warming up the beta's chest and lower part of her neck. Krypton paused a bit before turning to her partner. "See why I wanted to bring ya up here?" She asked, returning her gaze to the endless rows of color.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Krypton's smile really did lighten his spirit's a bit. It felt good to have more than one friend. He felt like he could trust her. Silvertip Mountain would be a great place for him. He returned the smile happily, then continued walking towards their destination quietly. When the arrived, Ezekiel could see the caves before he entered them. Bright light emanated from them and the closer he got, the more color he saw. When they walked inside, color shot through their fur, dappling Zeke's white spots with rainbow. The crystals glimmered and refracted all sorts of light and color, and it was beautiful. He stopped and looked around in awe. Truly amazing.

This is unbelievable. He said, unable to think of a better word for the glass caves. He would remember this place. How could he forget?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
"It really is a sight to see." She returned, nodding her head and looking into the cave more. It was always breathtaking, even in the dark. The tiniest bit of light can do so much to a cave,similar to a wolf's heart. Just the tiniest thing, a spark of happiness, a smile filled with joy, or even love; all helped those who felt dark and alone shine bright.

"You ought to bring the others down here when you get a chance," she suggested, never getting enough time to talk to the other wolves.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel stood beside Krypton, marveling at the amazing sight of the cave. The shimmering crystals reflected so much personality, so much happiness. It was like the tunnel was alive. Alive and thriving. He watched eagerly as the movement of the sun shot at the crystal's differently, moving one of the colorful rainbows to his and Krypton's feet. He turned and looked to her as she spoke, though was still abut occupied by looking at his multi colored paws. I would, but I don't know many others yet. 

He waited until the sun was no longer lighting the cave to stand. The rainbows were gone, and it was about time he leave. He looked to the older woman, giving her a respectful nod and a grin. Thank you for taking me here. I'll be going though. Good bye. And awkward goodbye, but sincere. He was so glad he'd chosen Silvertip, and his thanks was for more than just the glass caves. It was a thank you for taking him to the pack. The large male then turned to leave, heading towards his den to sleep.

Thanks for the thread <3