Neverwinter Forest a new fantastic point of view
252 Posts
Ooc —
@Rannoch my son ! @Cypress ur welcome to join at any point as is dad

Eshe awoke to clean her sons up spick and span. Time was flying for her, where for most mothers it dragged on and on. There was nothing mundane about this life of motherhood; it was a role that fit her like a glove, and she embraced it. Exhausted no more from that tumultuous day of childbirth, Eshe was observant and aware. Scimitar kept her well fed and had told her the herds had returned. Her sons were a miracle given to her by the witch, and she did not doubt that so, too, was the herds coming. Her blessing had been given!

An angel brought me you two, did you know that? Well, I was having a tough time of it, y'see. Before you were born, the world was bleak and empty. No green! I was starvin'. I wasn't sure if we'd make it, any one of us. But my biggest wish was that I would have my children be alright... she smiled at her cubs and nuzzled them. I'm not sure what she said, but she did somethin'. And I know that she must pack some serious mojo. I felt better right after!!!! Belief was a potent and powerful thing in itself, and oh, did she believe. Then that day came. Oh, it was bad in the beginning, real bad. There might have been four Frostfurs, you know... but thank goodness, bless that angel, that she gave me any at all! Two handsome and strong and perfect boys. My life, she crooned adoringly.
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
The morning for the youngest forest prince had started just as any other had. He had snoozed during bath time. Bath time was always a time that lulled Rannoch to sleep. There was something about the careful attention and thorough job that drove the young boy into dreamland. He only returned to awareness as Eshe spoke. Though her words failed to portray any meaning, the boy embraced the hum of her voice. Lifting his head, the young boy smiled up to his mother and tipped his tail.

He was blissfully unaware that he was mere moment away from an instance that would change his life forever.

As he held his head high, the boy noticed that something seemed off around his eyes. Something felt different and it was unsettling to the young cub. As he realized this, the boy’s brows furrowed in confusion and his little heart’s tempo increased. What was going on. He drew a clumsy paw to his face, rubbing around the area around his eyes. Bringing his head to the ground as he clumsily wiped his eyes he breathed a airy whine, as if he were attempting to alert Eshe that something terribly wrong was happening.
252 Posts
Ooc —
The wheezing sound was all she needed to hear to know something was amiss. Her heart hammered as she zoomed in to her son, looking at him as he looked at her------

He was looking at her?

Oh! Would you!! Your eyes!!! One eye larger than most of him looked to him like a magnifying glass, inspecting his two milky blue eyes with just one of her own that contrasted the color there totally. Oh!!!! You can see me! It's me, mama! To sooth him, Eshe covered him in kisses. She moved slowly, not wanting to disturb his sensitive eyesight. Don't be nervous, this is the way of things! She peeped at Cypress, who snored on even still, and so her attentions solely went to Rannoch.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
The more the young boy rubbed, the looser his eyelids felt. Something was wrong, so terribly wrong. Longing to feel “normal” again, the young prince removed his paw from over his eyes. As he did this, something remarkable happened. Light touched his eyes for the first time. The world of light for Rannoch Tiberous Frostfur was a fuzzy one. He would soon find that his vision would clear in the coming days and that seeing would feel all the more natural for him. Stunned by this new sensation, Rannoch repeatedly blinked slowly and noticed theres was a difference in when his closed his eyes and when they were open. While all of this processed in his tiny noggin, and his mother doused him in kisses, the boy simply stared forward, trying to make sense of all of this. Though he would not be able to do so easily he was determined the know just what in the world was going on.

Time passed slowly for Rannoch, each second churning at a snail-like pace as he looked forward. Soon enough, with the kind hum of his mother’s praise, he lifted his eyes and for the first time saw her. His mother. His fear was soon replaced with a sense of wonder as he tipped his chin upwards in an attempt to get a better look at her. If he could find his words-- which would be remarkable for a puppy his age-- he would have vocalized just how pretty his mama was. But instead his pupils widened and his tail wagged as he studied her carefully. Just like that, she had been able to chase away all of his worries. Babbles soon dripped from his smiling lips as he began to rock himself back and forth. Do you see this?! His expression seemed to say as he lifted his brows, his tail continually waving in the newly-found excitement. I can see! I can SEE!
252 Posts
Ooc —
Yes, baby! she crooned in turn at his babbling, I can see you see, sweet-pea! And that you can see, literally, her drawling continued. I'm the first thing you ever did see--now, I bet your dear brother will be the second, and then maybe papa? Or maybe papa second! Paw is gettin' some grub for you and I, he is! Just the best dang daddy there is, I promise you that! My darling dear... a little tear pricked at the edge of her eye. What a miracle this was! Days ago, the very day he had been born, Eshe had feared the worst. With two dead sons beside her, she was distraught. Well, all that Hell was worth it. She'd endure it a thousand times over if it meant this! Looking into these innocent, sweet, adoring eyes... I love you, she murmured, moving to place another kiss on his crown.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
His grin only grew as she placed a kiss on his forehead. Though nothing was clear for him, he was still thoroughly enjoying this blurred world. Pulling himself closer to his mother, the boy attempted to take in everything around them. As he scooted forward, he kept his eyes fixated on his mother. He just couldn’t take his eyes off her. He scooted himself that he laid parallel to her, their fur intertwining as he cuddled into her. He didn’t know what to do in this moment, but the only logical thing that crossed his mind was to rest his head on his mother’s side and simply take everything in. Happiness shimmered in his newly revealed eyes as he watched in amazement. He would see many sights in his life, but for now he marveled in his first: mother.
252 Posts
Ooc —
Every move he made she absorbed and adored. It was simply the most precious thing she'd ever witnessed, you see. She and Scimitar had made these precious little kids and Eshe felt her whole life purpose had been realized. To just have hundreds of kids with her husband. But firstly: to love and adore and snuggle and kiss and coddle her two present cubs, who were undoubtedly her whole world. Scimitar had once been that, and to be sure, he still was one of the greatest parts of it! But Eshe was a mama bear, born for this role, and would be the best darn mama ever. Another goal.

Well, son, whaddaya think? Do you like what you see? You look happy, she queried and surmised, tilting her head down at her son who lay beside her like the cutest little thing he was. Don't forget, when daddy asks one day, you love me most!!! I'll be a cool mama. But no girlfriends! She forewarned. Mama's your first and best and probably hopefully only girlfriend. Oh, gosh, can't even think of that day!!! You're so small. But one day you're gonna be so big...
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Her forewarnings fell onto his deaf ears, but he paid no mind to this. Instead, he embraced this moment happily with a waving tail. Happiness danced in his eyes as he looked up to the blurred form of his mother. He fell in love with her with every second that he stared and he could not draw his eyes away. He pulled himself closer to her and reached out to her face, his tongue snaking out as he attempted to reach up and plant a kiss on her.
288 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Despite being first out of the womb — at least, as far as he and Rannoch were concerned — Cypress was something of a late bloomer in terms of milestones. He had yet to smile, the shadow-wrapped prince being more inclined to exercise his burgeoning vocal range than anything else. In truth, he was a bit of a stoic baby; a deep thinker, perhaps. Stark contrast shone between the two boys, for Rannoch was a ball of activity — wiggling tail and agile visage expressing already a variety of moods in spite of his youth. Cypress, meanwhile, was a very focused and solemn creature — and perhaps he would keep this trait as he grew and learned, for his brow already had a wrinkle where a furrow might easily find its place.

At eleven days of age, Cypress had no idea that his brother was being initiated into a world that was completely different from the one he knew. In this, too, the soot sprite lagged behind. Yet it seemed he would only be hours apart from his brother in this regard, for tiny slivers of blue had appeared to bifurcate his previously hooded gaze — a preview of coming attractions, perhaps. Deaf of ear and blind of eye, still he was sensitive to movement — and in a very Cypress-like way, he took his time about making his awareness known, picking his head up with greater ease than he had been for the past ten days. His legs, too, were stronger — he propelled himself forward with surety to demand his own attention from the loving pair, similarly garbed in muted, dove-like tones.

Perhaps one day he would worry he was an ugly duckling — an inkblot among dust motes — but it was doubtful that any son of Eshe’s could feel anything less than loved and cherished and wholly fawned over. “Oof,” he informed mother and brother in a babyish grunt-whine. “Oo-foo — ” And then, with a heavy breath, as though he had braved hell and high water to get to this juncture, “Hmmmhmhm,” he concluded. Yes, the chubby little Frostfur blob was certainly a talker once he decided to stop sleeping all the time.
252 Posts
Ooc —
Rannoch displayed his affections, which Eshe met with loving force. Many a tongue-swipe was given to him, though her ears cupped toward Cypress as he spoke to her. Mmm, she hummed, you think so? She queried, as though she understood him perfectly. And perhaps she did, as mothers oft did, or perhaps she was seeking amusement in imagining his retort. Well, you do have a wise look to you, don't you...? Eshe stared at his brow and moved to kiss it, though adored every wrinkle and furrow that he might press upon it. So little, and yet I sense your father in you, she informed, and as she peered to Rannoch, she nuzzled him. I see him upon you, my sweet prince! Which of you might have his eyes?
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
He smiled bashfully as he was showered in love. Without even realizing it, the child had a new way in which to express himself and a whole new world before him. Though he could nt hear very well at this point on his life, the young cub was distracted by the light rumbles that Cypress had murmured. Tilting his head, the younger of the two swung his head in the direction of his brother. As his eyes fell onto the furry lump, the child froze for a moment and looked on with a newfound curiosity. What… was that?! His concern came in a simple, “Buh?” as his eyes lingered on his brothers form.
288 Posts
Ooc — KJ
The soot sprite felt more than heard his mother’s voice as it washed lovingly over his tiny body, and as she leaned to kiss him, he wriggled like a live wire — his entire body shimmied like a snake’s as he butted his head gently against his mother’s muzzle, demanding without words: more! He and Rannoch were the only two, and bound to get more than their fair share of attention from their doting mother. Cypress sought her blindly, propping himself up on his forelegs to grow closer still to her.

The pointed, “Buh?” of his brother broke through the soft cottoned canals of his still developing ears, and he swung his blunt puppy nose to the side, still unable to see his dust bunny of a brother. He knew he was there, though, and began to paddle toward the paler puppy with a seeking nose and paws.
252 Posts
Ooc —
My two little prodigies, she smiled as she watched her sons at work, discovering. There was so much more for them to discover, but she loved them like this, her little dependent beans, and would not change anything about a single day with them. My perfect ones. She was content to just watch them explore one another, herself included in that number, and so she did just that.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
As Cypress neared, Rannoch watched on curiously. Once the soot sprite was close enough, Rannoch reached out with his own parted snout in an attempt to investigate further. Reaching forward, Rannoch attempted to grab at any area that he could grasp so he could really see what this thing tasted like. Taste thus far was all he had to rely on to identify others and he would continue to do until his sense of sight enhanced signifigantly.
288 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Cypress turned his head toward his mother’s voice, as sensitive to the lower thrum of her honeyed timbre as he was to Rannoch’s shrill cries and Scimitar’s deep, enduring rumblings — but the sensation of the grayscale puppy drawing nearer to him captured the soot sprite’s attention just as swiftly. It was difficult for him, at this tender age, to focus on any one thing for too long. He “looked” at Rannoch, his brow furrowing as he pointed his blunt muzzle toward his brother, and squealed immediate protest as the tip of his nose was engulfed by Rannoch’s mouth. Too clumsy to make a clean break for it, he flailed both forepaws frantically without ever making contact with the dandelion fluff boy, tiny tail whirring like a sad little helicopter rotor as his hind legs kicked in a tantrum-like way. Then, abruptly, he stopped, his body overtaken with a strange sensation he couldn’t define — and he paused in a waiting stillness, the breath hitching in his infinitesimal lungs —

— and sneezed directly into his brother’s mouth.
252 Posts
Ooc —
Eshe watched. They were her favorite soap opera, and that she could catch their episodes daily -- and that these episodes were new ones!! -- was greater than grand to the mother. Rannoch went to eat Cypress. Cypress went to--oh, no, he did. He sneezed right on his brothers mouth. Germs! Eshe was quick to swipe her tongue on the offended area to clean him right up. All better, she comforted.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
The sensation of Cypress sneezing directly into Rannoch’s mouth was one that did not please the silver prince one bit. As droplets of snot a saliva raced, Rannoch squirmed unhappily as he worked himself up for the aftermath of the surprise. Tears soon spurted from his new eyes as the shock and unpleasantry of the situation settled upon him. He did not like what had just happened one bit! Bubbled wails fell from him even as Eshe washed him off. Instead, he marveled in his misery and began to scoot himself closer to his mother, seeking solace in her undivided attention.
288 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Rannoch clearly had the upper hand in this situation, being the only Neverwinter prince right now with a set of working eyes — and Cypress had no idea of the chaos he’d wrought with the force of his sneeze. He knew only that the tickling sensation in his nose had yet to go away — but with a second sneeze in his dust bunny brother’s general direction, he gurgled with happiness. That fixed it right up! With his ears still stuffed with fluff and his eyes still largely sealed shut but for that sliver of blue heralding the advent of their opening, Cypress was blissfully ignorant of his brother’s wails of distress. What he did realize was that Rannoch was pushing closer to their sainted mother — and if the dust bunny was trying to get somewhere, the soot sprite knew instinctively that he wanted to be there, too. Flapping his little turtle flippers, he, too, made a concentrated push for Eshe’s attention — undivided no longer, it would seem.