Redhawk Caldera i was gone long before i left
when you're dead, there will be no grave to remember your name
146 Posts
Ooc — Mary

The days that filled the small pup’s life were simple enough. She woke and ate, and the stronger she grew, the more time she would have to play and romp with her siblings. They frequently took naps inside of their dark home, and those times were warm and welcome to little Lucy. When Eljay would come and look after them, though… that was her favorite. She would eagerly sit inside the den and wait for the silver-furred young man to poke his head inside the dark hole and when he did, she would come alive with joy. Her tiny frame would bounce to and fro and her tail would swing wildly behind her. Lucy loved her parents; they were a constant in her life and they allowed her to feel a sense of comfort that she knew was only attributed to them. Elwood and Finley were the light at the end of the rainbow, but Eljay was the pot of gold. Each day she waited to see if the older Blackthorn would come to watch over them. Each day she would look with bright blue eyes at the entrance to the den in hopes of seeing him.

On that particular day, there was something different on the outside of the Blackthorn home. Lucy could not have said exactly what it was, but she was committed to finding out. The inky spot had a tendency to wander a little too far during play time, and she would test the boundaries that her parents had set in order to keep her safe. The youngest Blackthorn was not willing to be confined to the dark hole for the rest of her life! So, peering cautiously over her shoulder, the tiny figure inched upward toward the den entrance. Her dark head popped up from the hole and her bright baby blue eyes peered curiously at the tawny figure who did not appear as large as Eljay did, but not as small as Liffey or Lagan.

Careful not to rouse her parents inside of the den, Lucy parted her lips and called out a soft, “meep!” It was almost as if the young pup was inviting this stranger over to the den. Her tiny peeping voice was curious and welcoming, but Lucy did not know how her parents would react to having someone other than Eljay come meandering around their home.
Messages In This Thread
i was gone long before i left - by Jackrabbit - July 16, 2016, 01:30 PM
RE: i was gone long before i left - by Lucy - July 26, 2016, 03:08 PM
RE: i was gone long before i left - by Jackrabbit - July 27, 2016, 02:47 PM
RE: i was gone long before i left - by Lucy - August 10, 2016, 02:42 AM