Sun Mote Copse bitter melodies turning your orbit around
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
The concern in Arunik'ra's face sent a warmth feeling through Asherah. She felt a motherly feeling towards Arunik'ra, as the priestess, and to see the concern filling her eyes for herself...it made her feel loved. She moved to follow the other at the gesture, wasting no time. Her sister's voice was grave, which was understandable. She knew not what Asherah would say or what made her want to move from the shrine. It would be good to put her mind at ease and let her know the sins she was concerned for were not her own.

Once the shrine was out of sight, and Asherah felt it's holiness could not be tainted, she turned to face her priestess. She smiled softly at the other, but her face was still written with trouble. "Sister," She began, glancing once more towards the ground. "I don't mean to frighten you by pulling you from the Shrine, I merely do not wish to speak of such things in front of such a sacred place. Ever since I was enlightened to the love of Molech, I have had questions. Not questions of the Many Armed God, for I believe the grace and blessings of Molech are clear to see. Questions of my...heritage, my parents." She glanced towards her sister, meeting her eyes finally. "I never knew, not until Eshamun lifted the shadows from my eyes, what my name meant. My parents, though they did pray and worship, they did not name their god. We gave offerings from every meal we ate, and we would pray to this nameless god. They lived as mates, explained to us that we would be bound to one male, or one female, for our lives. Our union would be a holy one, but that we were to save ourselves and that mating was only to produce children for god." She shrugged her shoulders and shook her head. "It all seems simple enough, on its own. It would be easy to say that they did not know Molech's grace and so were fooled by a false god and false beliefs. Yet, my name, Sister. How would they know the name of Molech's beloved...and not of Molech?" She glanced to the distance now, sadness on her face.

"It has troubled me greatly, had they turned from Molech's light? There seems no other way. And sister," She returned her gaze to Arunik'ra's. "The trials my birth family ran into! We were safe no where, hunted and killed left and right. From the moment I was born until I was only months old...that was the only peaceful time I had. My sibling was killed in a run from the birth den, he was too young to keep up and our parents could not carry us all. My father was killed by hunters, who found us even though we had kept from their flocks. And again, my mother. She too was killed by men." Her jaw grew tight and tears formed in her eyes, she looked to her paws and swallowed thickly.

"I lost all my family and have been too afraid to stay in one place until Eshamun was sent to me. Was that their punishment for turning from the light of Molech? For knowingly ignoring?" She shivered as she cry, again shaking her thing skull from side to side. "Why would they turn their back on the Many Armed God? Once they saw Molech's power take my brother? Why continue to close their eyes against the light? His death was strange in any case, for I swore he was right behind me. In front of father and the next I knew both were gone." She sniffled a little, but tried to regain her composure, raising a paw to wipe at her eyes. "After my brother died, we had peace for a short time again. Was that a time of warning they were meant to see? Did they neglect that too? Blindly and knowingly? This other god...why would they reject Molech for an imposter. Sister...it does not make sense and I am troubled, troubled by what I do not know."

Her fear was not with Molech, she bore no issue on those judgements. Her fear and confusion was with her parents, wondering why they would knowingly endanger themselves with the wrath of the Many Armed God. Why they would endanger their children. What turned them from the light in the first place? She was not upset with her God, but her parents. Throughout her time with her family there had been small moments of peace, a few bigger segments. Chances, as she saw it, to change their ways. Even in the midst of punishment Molech was graceful! And yet they still cast away the light. "I was clueless with my parents, did not know Molech's name. Yet, am I tainted by their actions? By their disbelief and refusal, if that is what it was, for that is what it must have been."

Messages In This Thread
RE: bitter melodies turning your orbit around - by Asherah - August 05, 2016, 03:46 PM