Sun Mote Copse bitter melodies turning your orbit around
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
She had been afraid that the red woman might cast judgement on her for her parent's decisions, and to both see and feel her comfort broke Asherah further. Arunik'ra placed a paw on Asherah's own, and Asherah crumpled towards her, leaning her head to rest on the other's shoulder like a tearful pup. The tears dripped down her long muzzle, and she sniffled, but she listened to the words of her sister.

After a moment she raised her head, lifting a paw to brush the tears away. She nodded as her sister spoke the truth. Her head dipped as she addressed Asherah's parents and the darkness they had in their lives. Her sister must be right, they had steer her and her siblings from all danger they had seen during the day. They had turned them from traps and ravines, from crumbling logs and unsafe dens. Surely...had they truly been able to see Molech's light they would have guided their children away from the darkness? Surely if they had truly known....

At the mention of a final kindness, Asherah lifted her head, tilting it slightly in confusion. Another sob threatened to take her as Arunik'ra continued, stating that the gift had been her. She nodded again, for she would devote her life to Molech. She only wished she could have brought her parents to Molech, could have shown them the light. 

"Thank you, Arunik'ra. Thank you so much. I know that they would have shield me from any danger they could, and you are right. If they had known Molech, surely...surely they would not have turned from him. They were in the dark, unknowing. Perhaps...perhaps they knew something, an ember of Molech's love...but did not know to fan the flame. My name shows something, something I may never have an answer for. You are right, though, I can redeem them for whatever they might have done or not done." As she talked, her voice became stronger. There was undoubtedly still a sadness lingering, a pain within, but determination was drowning it out slowly.

"I have already pledged myself to Molech, but I pledge myself thricefold. In honor of my parents, of the sacrifice they made so that I may know the light of our lord. Your wisdom is great, sister. I thank you dearly for your comfort, and your words of love." She dipped her head to the priestess. Her feelings were conflicted, still pained for her parents but also warm and loved from her sister. She felt so blessed to be apart of this family, this religion. Truly Molech had shone down upon her many times to lead her here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: bitter melodies turning your orbit around - by Asherah - August 09, 2016, 07:38 PM