Blackfoot Forest America oil lamb
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
Wildfire felt apprehensive as she and @Gavriel approached the borders of a sun-dappled woodland, strange and powerful scents filling her nose. It wasn't that she was shy about approaching perfect strangers (although she was, sort of), she just didn't want to screw up this mission and disappoint Thuringwethil. This was her first showing as a proper Bandrona and there was a lot at stake, personally and professionally. She wondered if her companion could smell her anxiety.

"This is it, I'm pretty sure," she muttered to him, drawing up to stand well back from the borders out of respect. She eyed the nearby trees, then bit the bullet, threw back her head and howled. She almost requested @Kierkegaard by name but instead opted to stay humble, as a visitor, and politely request the presence of anyone who had time for a quick call at the borders.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Being crowned king once more, Aaron walks with pride through his territory. When he hears a call, he moves quickly towards the borders, his ears angled forward. He steps through the thick foliage to see two wolves-- one of whom had not called. There was a fiery red female, small and thin, and a larger male with her. He eyes them both curiously for a moment before he speaks. "Welcome to my borders," he says, somewhat cautiously. He's pleased to welcome wolves into his ranks, but after a previous encounter with a hostile trespasser he's not sure he should be so laid back. "What brings you here?" he asks, opting to remain friendly anyway.
i've lost the word for prayer
258 Posts
Ooc — Mica
Gavriel does not know Wildfire's business going to another pack, especially when it comes directly from their leader. There had been wolves assigned as guards for these things and Gavriel hadn't often been one of them, until now, but he knew what he was supposed to be doing. Aside from standing with purpose as guard, he's meant to blend into the background and for the rest of the world to go on without him. He remains a step or two behind Wildfire once she's made the call and their exchange is over, and he waits instead for someone to show.

His gaze lifts a little when another walks to them through the thick expanse of trees, scanning over his intent before he settles back down to just watching over his charge. He doesn't speak and instead flicks his gaze toward the fiery woman and waits.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
A pale wolf with hypnotically blue eyes and an opalescent smile came to greet them. Wildfire drank in his appearance for a solid beat before lowering her eyes, bowing her head and letting her black tail droop. This must be Kierkegaard, as he specifically mentioned his borders. He seemed amiable enough, if she went by tone and body language, and did not appear in the least threatened by two perfect strangers calling at his borders.

"I'm here as a representative of Drageda. You are familiar with its commander, Thuringwethil?" It was meant as a rhetorical question, as Wildfire knew the two were acquainted and it hadn't yet occurred to her that this might be anyone other than Kierkegaard himself. "I am Wildfire, the pack's Bandrona, and this is my guard, Gavriel. I'm here to inquire about the strength of your claim here in Rosings."
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Aaron does not respond right away to the young girls words-- instead he listens carefully and studies the expressions of both wolves. When she finishes speaking, his curiosity is peaked, but he can't help but feel confused. "I have never heard of your pack," he tells her, his blue eyes narrowing. "Or of your commander," he adds, his gaze flitting to the man beside the Wildfire. "But it is a pleasure."

"We are a strong pack," he says, although isn't sure why she asks. "Our strengths lie within our bonds-- I lead a loyal group."
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Skipping Gav with permission.

His response surprised her, as Thuringwethil had clearly indicated a certain familiarity with this Kierkegaard fellow. But surely the commander wouldn't be inquiring after a perfect stranger. And here the guy didn't seem to know the leader's or the pack's names at all. Wildfire blinked, then looked dumbly at Gavriel, before facing the wolf she took to be Kierkegaard again. He politely answered her question and seemed happy to make their acquaintance, though Wildfire was too busy being thrown to really process much.

Then she remembered that she hadn't called him by name and although this wolf was definitely behaving like an Alpha, perhaps this was a case of mistaken identity. "Are you not Kierkegaard?" Wildfire guessed before having the presence of mind to add, "We're well met and I appreciate the information. I just think we—well, I—have had a mix-up here..."
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
The fur along his shoulders began to prickle as the red female spoke, his tail lashing once or twice behind him. "I am Aaron," he says lowly, eyeing both wolves. "This is my home and my pack. Kierkegaard is not welcome here," he begins, forcing his fur back down. "I have no quarrel with either of you, you have both been kind and respectful, but if you have no business with me I will have to politely ask your leave." 
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
His entire demeanor changed and Wildfire's weight shifted subtly in Gavriel's direction as she realized she must have made a big mistake here. Not only was this not Kierkegaard, he seemed to very badly resent the mistaken identity. Her lips parted as he made it very clear that neither Kierkegaard nor they were particularly welcome here. Wildfire swallowed and felt a tendril of heat shoot up her back, a mixture of embarrassment and discomfort. The entire tone of this encounter had changed quite rapidly and drastically and Wildfire blamed herself for dropping the ball on this, her very first mission.

You kinda knew you weren't cut out for leadership, a slippery voice whispered in the back of her head. But she muted it for now, instead focusing on making a quick and respectful exit. "I'm sorry for the mistake," she said simply to Aaron, keeping her gaze lowered. "Thanks, Aaron, we'll be going." There was a split second of confusion as she second-guessed—maybe she did have business with him, perhaps she should find out more details—but she quickly tossed out that thought. She had enough information to take back to Thuringwethil, who would not want her risking pissing off another pack's Alpha trying to obtain more.

"C'mon, Gav," she said, slipping to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with her guard. She immediately felt safer in his presence, despite what had happened in the cave the other day. "Let's get back home." Still maintaining a lower posture out of deference to Aaron's claim, the Bandrona trotted swiftly away from the borders to avoid inviting any further ire from him.
i've lost the word for prayer
258 Posts
Ooc — Mica
It turns pretty quickly that this wolf isn’t the one they’d come for as Wildfire back pedals the conversation. Gavriel looks between the two quickly and even takes half a step forward to remind the white canine of his presence. It isn’t needed, however, as the ambassador decides to back up anyway and take her leave. The guard lingers a moment longer, looking toward the other male, before he turns his attention back toward the girl now that their duty had been complete, even if the outcome hadn’t been what they’d hoped for.