Silvertip Mountain compass, point me anywhere
Dazzle me, dazzle me, dazzle me with gold
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
All Welcome 
scouting approval thread with @Steady but anyone can join if they want to come along :>

Anita had eased off when it came to working on her scouting trade, but wanted to get further along in it. After the trip with Niita, she had realized how much she enjoyed adventuring in unfamilar places. The she-wolf had enjoyed her time at the Quarry and was excited to explore the lands further. Despite this excitement, Anita needed ideas. What would be the purpose of her trip? Or even more, where should she go?

She wasn't sure if she should ask Steady, since scouting probably wasn't his trade -- though she had never asked. Regardless, Anita sent out a friendly howl for the Alpha. She needed ideas, and maybe he had a few to offer.
[Image: TBIERmG.gif](5/5) I, II, III, IV, V Incomplete
[Image: TAZ76Qd.gif](3/5) I, IIIII, IV, V Incomplete
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady was patrolling the borders, his body moving fluidly across the lands as he marked various spots. His mood had somewhat improved as he came to terms with the changes that were made within the pack. Having Krypton leave was a blow, and Steady was now leading on his own once again, but he knew he could just do his best and no more.

Steady paused in his patrols when a howl went out, summoning him. His tail wagged when he realized it was Anita. They had fun hanging out the other day, and he hoped it gave her a little more confidence to build stronger bonds with the other wolves here. He wondered if she was a little shy about approaching others, but, then again, she hadn't been shy with Ezekiel. He let out a chuckle thinking about it, able to laugh about it now. 

The dark Alpha change his course and headed towards his Kappa. His tail wagged as he approached her, a smile upon his maw. Hey, Anita. You howled? His voice was light, but curious as to why she needed him.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Anita saw Steady's dark shape trotting towards her, tail wagging in a friendly gesture. She greeted him with a respectful nod, though her tail was wagging as well. After hanging out, the she-wolf felt more comfortable around the Alpha; she glad that they had the chance to go down to the river and mess around. 

"Hello Steady," she greeted with a mock seriousness. A few weeks before, she would have probably sat there stiffly while in his presence, but it felt good to be casual. Not too casual, though. Anita had to remember that one play in the river didn't mean she could wash away the rules of subordination. But maybe, they could be thinned out -- just a little bit.

"I was wondering if I could go on a scouting trip--or if you had any ideas for one," she responded. "I'd like to work more on my scouting trade, but I can't think of anything to work towards, if that makes sense," Anita added, hoping that she was, in fact, making sense.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He chuckled as Anita greeted him in a mock-serious tone, knowing they were on a more familiar basis than that now. He listened intently as she expressed her need to go on another scouting trip- not surprising to him since she had went with Niita- but wasn't sure on where she wanted to go.

Yeah, of course you can, he said easily, knowing he wouldn't hinder her on getting her trade. He looked thoughtful a moment as he tried to think of where she might go. Well, I don't know much about Tuktu Hinterlands, if you want to go there, he admitted. But, if you don't want to go that far, an update on Kintla Flatlands might be nice, he said, trying to give her a few options.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
She listened to Steady's explanation of where she might go on her trip, trying to figure out which one she'd take. The sound of exploring an unfamiliar place sounded interesting making the Tuktu Hinderlands all the more appealing. Maybe an update on the Kintla Flatlands would be a good second scouting trip.

"I'll prepare to leave for the Tuktu Hinderlands soon, and save the latter for another day," she answered after careful contemplation. She dipped her head to Steady thankfully before opening her mouth to speak. "Thanks for the ideas, by the way." 
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Though the howl had been meant for the alpha, Day wasn't too far from the source of the sound. He knew he shouldn't butt in, but maybe he could help? It was a terrible excuse, but he'd had nothing to do for several days, now, and hunting just wasn't cutting it anymore as his one-and-only passtime.

So I'll be a busybody, he thought cheerfully, dragging himself to his feet and indulging in a long, comfortable stretch. When his back had popped all it was able and his yawns no longer came so close together, he shook off his coat (fuzzy grey undercoat flew everywhere) and was off. It did not take long to find Steady speaking genially with Anita. They were out in the open, and the conversation didn't appear to be too intense. Day approached without much caution, though he showed the proper deference to his alpha.

"The Hinterlands?" he asked, his heart skipping strangely as the words slipped from Anita's tongue. He hadn't been there since - since he'd lost that little wolf. The friendly one, the crazy one. The one he'd failed to help. He kept meaning to go back, just to look around, see if she could be found... This had to be a sign. "You're going there?"
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He nodded to her decision, happy with it as long as she was, too. You're welcome, he said with a smile. He was glad to see that she was still continuing going for the scouting trade, though was a little surprised she didn't seemed to want to go with Niita this time. To be honest, he liked the two traveling together as it made him feel better that they would be able to protect each other. However, if they wanted to scout separate, he wouldn't say anything.

Grayday appeared, and Steady greeting him with a smile and a tail wag, nodding to confirm what he had heard. Yeah, Anita is going to check them out for me, he said. Steady paused as he considered Grayday, wondering if there might be a reason Anita shouldn't go that he didn't know about. Or maybe Grayday would want to go with her?

181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Anita turned around, surprised to see that Grayday had arrived. "Hello, Gray." Anita smiled, dipping her head to the male. She listened to his query and nodded her head to confirm. She hadn't explored the Tuktu Hinterlands too much. Anita wondered if Grayday knew anything about them, which would help her out a lot. Exploring alone in a new place didn't scare her, but she always enjoyed company.

"You can come along, if you'd like," the girl offered. "Company is always welcome -- it makes all scouting trips like, ten times more fun."
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Though he'd wandered often since arriving at Silvertip, Day wasn't sure he wanted to go all the way back to the Hinterlands. It'd been hard to lose the little shewolf, and he worried about what he might find left of her, if he really put his mind into searching. But they were not going just for him; Anita was going on a scouting trip. He could be of help to her, since he'd been there before. He could be her back-up if she encountered something or someone that meant her harm, and maybe that was what fate wanted. Maybe he couldn't save the little shewolf, but he could keep Anita safe, or at least do his very best. He wouldn't leave anyone behind this time - and maybe that would be enough to ease the grip of guilt in his chest.

"I travelled through there just before the famine. I'd be glad to tag along, if you don't mind," he replied, tail wagging despite his misgivings about going back to the place. He'd be with Anita this time, and the famine was over. It might even be fun.
What's Mine is Ours
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Anita invited Grayday to go along, and Steady looked to him, wondering if he would accept. It would make the Alpha feel better, knowing each of them had backup if they got into trouble. And, as Anita said, it would make things more fun.

Grayday accepted, and Steady smiled between the two. Great! Now that it was settled, Steady made his leave. Well, if you two don’t need anything else, I think I’ll go see what Adeline is up to, he said, waiting to see if they needed him further.

181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Anita nodded as Steady dismissed himself. She knew only a bit about Adeline, though didn't doubt for a second that she was an exuberant pup. "Go ahead," she nodded to Steady, indicating that they didn't need any further assistance. "Oh, and thanks for the suggestions." They had been helpful, and Anita couldn't wait to explore the Hinterlands.

And with that, she turned to Grayday. The girl had run in to him a few times, but with all that aside, she didn't know much about him. That would most likely change after the trip, since it's hard to be distant with someone you are travelling with. "You're in!" she exclaimed suddenly. Of course he was -- Anita couldn't say no to someone going with her, unless...it was a grumpy, grey Gamma, in which things would get a bit complicated. Did she mind his presence? No. But did she mind his presence for the duration of a long trip? Well, --

She shook her head, clearing her mind of her inner turmoil. "We are going to the Hinterlands," she stated, forgetting that Gray already knew that fact. "Any place you'd like to go in particular?" she covered, after realizing her stumble.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day licked his lips, closing his eyes as he tried to picture the scene. Dusk, it was, and the air was cool and damp... the fetid smell of black mud had filled the land, and the low croaks of frogs had been all around them.

"A swamp," he said after a moment. "There's a swamp out there - with lots of frogs. I left... well, I found it before I came here. During the famine."

For some reason, he wanted to keep the little shewolf to himself. Guilt, maybe? He didn't know, but he was sure there would be plenty of time to figure things out. Maybe he'd tell her about his lost friend. Maybe they'd even find her. They wouldn't know until we left.

"I'm ready to leave whenever you are," he said with a grin. "I await your command, Captain."
What's Mine is Ours
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
sorry for the late response, on vacation and trying my best to catch up on mobile. Also, Steady is letting me go ahead and post! :>
Anita waited as Grayday described the scene, trying to imagine it for herself. Swamps would be something quite new -- she had been to many places but a swamp was not one of them.

She listened with interest as Grayday described his duration at the swamp during the famine, wondering if at any point he ever had to eat frogs. Anita's mind seemed to wander as much as a pup's sometimes, and she had to refrain herself from asking.

"Alright, let's go ahead and hit the road." She grinned when Gray called her captain, picking up on his sense of humor.

Should we make a seperate thread after your post or continue it here?
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Probably a separate post
Tail swishing in giddy relief that he would finally be going back and looking for her; finally getting this proverbial monkey off his back, Day followed after the red woman. He did not have any possessions to grab, no friends to say goodbye to. (In fact, he was rather hoping they'd not run into Ezekiel - but that would be just his luck, wouldn't it?)

He was ready to go.
What's Mine is Ours
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Alright! I'll archive this thread and make a new one after this post.

Anita waited for Gray to gather his things, though it seemed he did not have much to bring along. Oh well, light packing would be beneficial to a long embark across the wilds. She proceeded to walk as the gray male followed close behind, hoping that she was going in the right direction. Heading north seemed reasonable.

She gave one last nod to Steady before looking ahead. She had no idea what would be in store for herself and Gray, but faced it with childlike anticipation rather than doubt.