The Sentinels [MANDATORY] down to earth, keep on falling when i know it hurts
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Osprey said nothing, because people voiced their opinions and partly theirs mirrored her own too. Living nicely and peacefully was preferrable, but you had to know, how to defend yourself. It surprised her a little though that Aria or any other of the young people at the top of the ranks would think that in their choice to be either explorers or healers (or story-weavers in her case) they would have forgotten the basic skill of self-defence. That streak was ingrained deep in every wolf's being no matter the age and even the most peaceful ones of theirs could become dangerous and violent, should they be met with danger. 

Deirdre's passionate speech made her smile sadly - if only the world was such a fair place the young girl imagined it to be. She waited until others had finished talking and then felt that she too was expected to say something - for herself and her mate, who was out and away hunting and could not be here. "At times of peace it is easy to talk about being non-violent and ignore the neccessity of battle tactics and skills," she regarded them all, though this part was meant more for Deirdre than the rest. "Yet history shows that there are people in this world, who don't share the same values and ideals and these people rather than respecting a pack's neutrality and peaceful ways would regard us as weak and would not hestitate to attack us or drive us out of our lands."

A moment of silence and then she went on. "While I think that sticking to the very ways and traditions that make Donnelaith the pack it is, that define us, I agree with Aria - it's better to learn to defend ourselves and pack as a whole, should need arise. Should there ever be people, who understand no other language than violence."
Messages In This Thread
RE: [MANDATORY] down to earth, keep on falling when i know it hurts - by Osprey - August 07, 2016, 03:19 PM