Silvertip Mountain No Easy Way Out
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Does anyone want to spar with Chaska?
Chaska set out to find a sparring partner. He recalled that before he had left, he had been attempting to teach himself how to fight. Chaska remembered the spar he had with Steady. The alpha had taught him well in how to fight. And he had thanked him for it.

With his tail swaying in joy, imaging the adrenaline and the emotions felt from sparring, he moved through the territory while on the lookout for someone to fight him and his cupped ears pointing forward. Occasionally licking along his muzzle or stopping to scratch behind his ears. Now the question that was on his mind, who would come to train him?
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
After everything that was going on, Krypton leaving, waiting for Valette's return, all the while remaining alert and on duty at his border. Ezekiel needed a break. A spar, to get his mind off of things, would be great. So he rummaged around the mountain, searching for a partner to enjoy the afternoon with. Soon he came upon a friendly face, however not one he expected would want to spar. Chaska was nice and all, but very emotional and kind of hurt. Zeke had one of his cruel thoughts to keep walking and ignore the older male, but stopped anyway.

Chaska. He said curtly, walking forwards and dipping his head in greeting before seating himself across from him.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska was alerted to the presence of Ezekiel by his voice. He in turn dipped his muzzle in greeting, his tail wagging. Maybe he would be hs sparring partner. For a moment, he wondered if Anita had told Zeke about their talk. Or Steady, for that matter.

"Ezekiel. How has life been treating you?" Chaska could feel his muscles tense up, yearning for the fight his mind and heart desired.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Hey! So for the spar, which method do you prefer to find the outcome? I'm ok with anything so it's up to you!

Long day, was looking for someone to spar with. And you? Ezekiel said bluntly, he still didn't exactly expect Chaska to be his partner. He doubted the other would want to, and was also afraid that if he did, he might get a little too rough like with Niita. If he reopened one of Chaska's wounds, Krypton wouldn't be here to heal him again and the pack no longer had a healer. Zeke knew a little but not enough to really help his pack mate.

He hoped to get out of this pleasant conversation soon, to go find an able body to spar with. He shifted tensely, his own muscles yearning for a fight, however safe it may be.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Oh, it's been a while since I had a character do a spar...I do not know. Maybe dice roll? And I forgot about Chaska's wounds! Whoops

Chaska couldn't help but have a grin stretch across his muzzle. In an instant he had lowered his front half to the ground in a play bow, eyes wild and on their target at all times and his tail wagging. A playful growl came from his throat. He waited for his opponent to do the same to initiate the spar.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ok! We can do Chaska's even and Zeke is odd and roll a 1d8 maybe? Or anything else works with me.

Ezekiel hadn't expected what came next, and was hesitant to begin, but Chaska looked excited. Zeke wouldn't say no now, for he too had been searching for a partner. He would have to take it very easy on Chaska, but if would be fun all the same. Returning a quick grin before returning to his usual stoical features, the stark grey wolf leaped into a play bow as well. Pale blue eyes watched Chaska carefully, analyzing him for a place to aim for.

Finally he leaped, jaws open and hoping to grab Chaska's scruff to push the male away. A play fight of course, but still a fight.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Rolled for dodge. even for chaska successful, odd for ezekiel successful.

After his 'little' trip away, he had learnt some things about fighting and survival. He had learnt to be more careful with his moves. To trick his foe into attacking, leaving them open.

zekiel came at him. Chaska skipped to the side to dodge the lunge, and then circled around to get at him from behind. Once behind, he made his lunge, but the first was meant to land short of his target, as a feint. It would be followed by a second leap, the one that would be aimed at his spar partner.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Unsuccessful dodge for Ezekiel

Ezekiel wasn't surprised when Chaska dodged his attack, for he had started out a bit weak. He was still worried sparring at his full level would be a bit too much for the other male. When he landed he watched as Chaska began to circle him. The other male did seem a bit more tired than Zeke, however the large boy was underestimating his pack mate a bit. When Chaska made a feint attack, Ezekiel had almost thought it was real, and was going to leap towards him as he did. As he leaped, Chaska stopped short.

The older male then threw himself at Zeke, and since Zeke was only now landing, Chaska hit his mark. Ezekiel thumped to the ground with all his weight, the other above him. Now understanding that the other had some real skill, Zeke pushed it up a bit. He rolled himself over off of his stomach and bucked his legs upward, attempting to push Chaska off.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska's feint had worked, much to his own surprise. But he didn't let that show, as it would be a sign of no trust in his own movements. He landed on Ezekiel. But Chaska was tired,  and Ezekiel got the better of him and managed to kick him off. Before too much damage could be done, Chaska backed off and allowed the other to stand.

"Round..two?" This time he let his surprise show, as he was panting already. But he shook it off and readied himself in case Ezekiel used actions instead of words.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel was satisfied when his kick worked, pushing the older male off of him. Chaska backed up a bit, and Zeke was already on his feet, ready to continue. However he let Chaska catch his breath, the other seemed a bit more tired than himself. Round two? Chaska asked, panting. Zeke wasn't so sure, the other seemed very worn. However he nodded anyway, preparing to go again. His pale blue eyes looked twice over Chaska to make sure he hadn't or wouldn't hurt the male, then got back into his sparring stance, hunkered down, head low, wide frame.

The large grey wolf circled his pack mate for a moment, trying to get to the perfect place of attack. He lunged forward at Chaska's side, grabbing at the males back leg and pulling down, hoping to bring the other to his knees.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Cameo, feel free to ignore/skip
He was not surprised to find Ezekiel tussling with another wolf - one he'd yet to truly meet, at that. Soon, though, it became apparent that they were only sparring, and not being truly violent with each other. It was interesting to see wolves fight from the outside looking in - not something that Grayday had any true experience with, being a generally very peaceable man.

He was content to sit nearby and watch, ears lying back in concern whenever one of them seemed to truly land a blow. The match, however, appeared to remain a friendly one.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
No dice roll this time

Chaska watched Ezekiel carefully as he circled. However, he was not some owl. And be fore he could turn his body around to get Ezekiel into his view, the sparring partner got his uninjured rear leg and brought him down quick. He lay there, eyes wide in surprise. Then, he let out a wisp of air of exasperation. 

"Well...that was a...quick round" Chaska panted. Perhaps he was exhausted, and his injured leg was starting to ache from movement. He did not notice the other wolf watching. "You're good...Or I'm just...tirrrrrredddd" he said, drawing out the last word as he yawned and his head felt heavy. He waited for the to let go.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel was proud when his attack worked. Chaska crashed down, and began to speak. Zeke had hoped for a longer battle, but it seemed his opponent was giving up. He chuckled at Chaska's comment, he was tired or Zeke was good. Maybe a bit of both. You feeling alright? He asked, bending down and nosing his friend to his feet. Even though Zeke was victorious, he would be a good boy scout and help up the older male. He sat back once they stood, sitting and staring across at Chaska. Something caught his eyes behind his friend, movement.

And of course it was Grayday. He sighed, wondering why the other was watching them. Are you just gonna creep around or... He called, moving his head to stare at the half blind wolf.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
A laughing grin split Day's jaw at Ezekiel's prickly comment. He was getting used to the other male, it seemed - and that was perfectly fine with Day. Perhaps the other would eventually warm up to Grayday, too. That day, however, did not appear to be this one.

"I thought I would," was his truthful reply. His attempt to keep impudence out of his tone came up a little short, but hopefully not too short that the other male would notice. Feeling bad all the same, he sought to rectify the situation with further explanation. "Never sparred before. It was interesting to see," he admitted.
What's Mine is Ours
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Truthfully, he wasn't sure how to answer. He wanted to say he was fine, so that they would not worry. But also, his leg was flaring up a bit. "I might need a..bit of rest." He stood and lumbered over. Until Ezekiel spoke again, and realized he was speaking to someone else.

Chaska spied the other wolf when Ezekiel addressed him. He did not recognize him. Another wolf he had not met formally as of yet. He looked back and forth as they spoke. He lay down in some shade, watching the two converse. He assumed they knew each other, since no introduction had been made as of yet.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Sorry for the wait guys!

Ezekiel smirked as Grayday spoke, the older grey wolf made his way out of his spot. He nodded sideways when Chaska spoke, feeling a bit sorry that he'd agreed to spar. He was a big guy, and Chaska was already injured. It'd been stupid of him to think he should really try in this one. However it wasn't his nature to simply let others win. Chaska waited as Grayday spoke, Ezekiel stepped back and sat again so as to include both others to form a circle. He wasn't paying the most attention to Day until he spoke again. Never sparred? He glanced to Chaska in disbelief.

Never sparred? How did you learn to fight then? Ezekiel assumed that everyone knew how to fight. He'd grown up fighting! How could Grayday have made it all these years without a single spar. He didn't realize that the other two didn't know each other.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The question made him feel slightly sheepish, but he did his best to keep his dignity as he answered: "I come from a pretty peaceful area. I can hunt like anyone, but fighting other wolves never really came up," he admitted. He'd been in a few quick scraps with Sunspot and Shale over bones and bits of meat, but never anything he'd call a fight. He told Ezekiel so, more embarrassed by the second, but figuring it was something his pack ought to know.
What's Mine is Ours
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska wasn't sure if he should act as surprised as Ezekiel, since he didn't know anything about this wolf. Even his name. He shrugged at Zeke's look of disbelief. It was almost the opposite with his old one. And it seemed to be the same with Silvertip, training for the worst. He could only hope that the worst would never come.

He rested his chin on one of his forepaws, his eyes growing heavy. The gorund felt more comfortable than usual, but that could have just been his body growing tired. An idea came up, but Chaska was worried Ezekiel was too tired with sparring him. So his eyes just moved from one another.

Why not make this a double spar?
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Sure! Maybe Zeke could give Grayday some lessons?

Peaceful pack, a nice thought. Silvertip Mountain was very peaceful compared to Winter's Bluff. He imagined for a moment, who he would've been if he'd been raised here. Hardly Ezekiel at all, no soldier, no guilt. He wouldn't be him. It was an eerie thought, but one that passes through just about everyone's minds. He pushed it away, returning to reality. It was still surprising to him that Grayday had never sparred before, it was about time that changed.

He glanced to Chaska, who was eyeing Zeke and the seemingly embarrassed Grayday. Well we gotta fix that. Come on Gray, show me what you got. His face broke out into a challenging grin. This would be fun, but he doubted that Chaska would join in. Whether or not the older male did, this was good bonding time between 3 out of 4 of the males in the pack. 

Slowly the large male bulked up, tending his large muscles as he prepared to spar. He would take it easy on Gray, the other was kind of blind, and older, and it was his first time. He circled him, urging the other to pounce with flicks of his tail.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Though fighting was not among his talents, as far as he was aware, he didn't think he would be too terrible at the sport. Besides, it'd been years since he'd wrestled with Shale and Sunspot, and he was beginning to miss all the fun he'd had with his siblings.

"Alright," he easily agreed, hopping to his feet and moving forward a bit - flatering, though, at the insistent lash of Ezekiel's tail. For a moment he wondered... but no, it seemed like he was game to forget about their past wariness of each other, and Day was just as eager to let that of their relationship be over. Now was his chance!

Springing forward, Day used the same tactics he would on a prey animal, nipping and darting and then attempting to latch on to a hind leg. He was, of course, not used to his prey biting back.
What's Mine is Ours
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska smirked, glad to see another lesson about to begin. And this time, he would be watching from the sidelines. "This should be fun" he murmured, his smirk growing. Chaska settled himself in his lying position to get more comfortable, lifting his head to watch it better.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
I can roll for dodges and stuff if you want, but I kind of thought it'd be fun jut to play this out? :D

To his delight, Grayday agreed, and obliged to getting into a fighting stance. It was a bit sloppy, but Ezekiel could always clean it up later. Zeke turned his head with a small chuckle to the spectator, his comment had tickled Zeke a little and when Gray attack he was almost caught off guard. If not by the fact that Chaska had distracted him, then by the weirdest attack technique he'd ever seen. He was no deer, or caribou, he was a wolf! He allowed Grayday to get near and grab his leg, however as soon as teeth met his hind leg, Zeke kicked backwards, pummeling Grayday's chest.

He backed up, preparing to launch his own attack at the inexperienced male. He leaped forwards, paws outstretched planning to wrap them around Grayday in an all out tackle. If successful he would pin the other, and that battle would be won. Of course he didn't plan on hurting the other at all.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Though he could not save himself from going down, Day felt a surge of pride as he found an opening and - instead of becoming trapped by the bigger male - slipped away from the deadly embrace. See? I let you pin me that day, he thought to himself, remembering the way they'd first become acquainted. And, of course, he paid a high price for the prideful thought. Almost as soon as he freed himself, he found himself losing his footing and tumbling right back onto his side.

"Oof," he groaned, rolling unsteadily to his paws and shaking out his fur. That's going to leave a mark. "I really need to practice, don't I?"

It was no use getting away, after all, if one just got themselves caught again right after.
What's Mine is Ours
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska watched the exchange of fighting movements, a dance of wolves. And just as his with Ezekiel, the other wolf's did not last long. Not being able to put a name was annoying him, but he waited until the spar was over to ask.

"Don't worry, he got me down quick too" he said assuringly, going over to look over the wolf. "I've forgotten to introduce myself. Name's Chaska. I presume you know Zeke already?" Chaska asked after, sending a smirk in the top wolf's direction. He sure was tough, and he couldn't help but admire such skill.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Grayday's escape from Ezekiel's pin was exceptional, and he measured up more than Zeke had previously thought. However as soon as the other escaped, he tumbled to the side, beaten. That quickly? Zeke had hoped for more of a fight, but he wouldn't push the other male. He stepped back and shook his head, a soft smile had grown on his face. Practice does help, I would know. But your not bad. Almost flattered by Chaska's next words, the large boy stepped back to allow the older into the circle. 

Chaska introduced himself, and at first Zeke didn't know why. He had assumed that they were acquainted, but from Chaska's words it seemed the opposite. He sat, nodding to Chaska when the older male introduced him. Yeah we know each other, this is Grayday. He said, glad to clear up anything.