Blackfoot Forest I think that I might, possibly, be overthinking this. Possibly.
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
A number of changes had taken place in the pack, including Liri's promotion and her own. Also, the scent of Samuel had faded from the territory, and Minna secretly worried for her friend. She had not seen the arctic femme for quite some time, and it was without hesitation that the lifted her muzzle and called for @Liri, should she have the time. The summer's morning was beautiful, the rain of yesterday dissipated and the air growing warm quickly. She had the feeling that today would prove to be quite hot.

She sat on her haunches, waiting beneath the shade of a thick oak for her friend. She absentmindedly pushed a smooth pebble around with her forepaws as she waited, eyes drifting idly around the corps of trees.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Sam had been in her thoughts increasingly since his dissapearance, though she tried to have faith that he would return soon. Liri threw herself into her new position, patrolling and gathering herbs, hunting to fill the caches before winter. It was disturbing to go home at night and suddenly not have Sam's large frame sleeping next to her. To those unfamiliar with the slight woman, she seemed perfectly fine as if her mate hadn't left without a word.

Minna's call perked her ears as she lay by the river in the early morning, surprising her slightly as she hadn't seen Minna since the removal of Kierkegaard and Pallas. Hefting herself to her feet, the arctic wolf padded across the territory to find her close friend. The red furred female was sitting beneath an oak, rolling a pebble beneath her paw.

Liri smiled as she approached, happy to have some time with her friend. "Minna, how are you?" She sat, tail wagging as she tried to push Samuel to the side.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Liri arrived quickly, leaving Minna to kick away the pebble with a swift kick. She smiled, greeting Liri with a wagging tail and a grin. Her friend asked of how she had been, and Minna grinned a little wider. "Great Liri. The famine is behind us, Leto and I have grown close, and we have come through recent hardships together." Her grin returned a moment as she said "I should ask you, Liri. How have you been? Being made Beta is a great honour- I am happy for you." Her thought flitted to Samuel; should she ask? But if her friend wanted to, and felt comfortable enough around Minna, she would raise the subject herself.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri smiled, overjoyed for her friend even if the shadow of sadness and doubt clung to her. "I'm so happy to hear that, I couldn't have picked a better woman for my brother," she smiled at Minna bashfully, tail wagging at the thought that they might someday be sisters in law.

"I'm a bit confused on it, I've never been a Beta before and quite honestly I'm not sure what I'm expected to do," her laugh chimed though it was tinged slightly with nerves. "I'll figure it out I'm sure."

"I miss Sam," her ears flattened, shoulders dropping slightly in defeat. "I'm unsure if this means that I will be assigned a new mate or if he will be back. What do I do, Minna?"
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."